Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 45

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards Game over Town Victory  (Read 55120 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

Jeez, this whole confirmation bias thing, makes it sound like seeing scumtells is scummy.

But fine, I admit I was lucky on the Frostmoon thing, I may just consciously bugger off from you for a bit, look over the game more, especially as I see so many of your posts as scummy. I'll see about the reads, and try to keep the whole god complex under control :P
And if you are town, keep in mind that I may just be thick.
If I don't post for a bit, I'll be rereading, not lurking if I'm online.
One wheel short of a wagon

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

Jeez, this whole confirmation bias thing, makes it sound like seeing scumtells is scummy.

But fine, I admit I was lucky on the Frostmoon thing, I may just consciously bugger off from you for a bit, look over the game more, especially as I see so many of your posts as scummy. I'll see about the reads, and try to keep the whole god complex under control :P
And if you are town, keep in mind that I may just be thick.
If I don't post for a bit, I'll be rereading, not lurking if I'm online.
Who are you talking to?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hector. Damn, can;t edit it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

NJW
And if you are town, keep in mind that I may just be thick new.

FTFY, also why I'm not voting you anymore :P

OSG
I did answer your question. You assumed he was scum, I made sure to keep the option of him being VT open. If he was VT, his actions would make sense, if he was scum, his actions would make sense. Just like every other player in this game. That is the extent of my hypothetical situation.

So now you're saying your hypothetical situation was that "I (OSG) think his play makes sense if he's VT, but also if he's scum"? Are you sure? Maybe want to change your story one more time?

I didn't ask you for whether or not his actions were reasonable as scum or town, I asked you for a specific thing (implied by using "what" ie a post, some nugget of information) that made you think he wasn't doing another specific thing, which was tunneling. This could have taken the form of a quote in which he asked another player a series of questions, before, after or during when he said I was scum; perhaps a point in which he pressured another player with a vote or FoS.

On top of that, you've changed your story:

"I wasn't assuming he was VT"

became:

"I was assuming in a hypothetical situation that he was VT"

became:

"Hey, in that hypothetical situation his actions make sense if he is VT or scum".

You didn't answer the question, if that's your story. What's the point of a hypothetical situation that says "yeah his actions are, you know, what happens in mafia"? That's like... the worst answer to a direct question. Ever.

That's hedging, at best. At worst it's you looking to avoid implicating your scumbuddy.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That is not the case. It sounds like purposefully not understanding so you can continue the illusion of scumhunting. I never assumed he was VT in the game. I was making a hypothetical situation to attempt to show you how your assumption of him being scum was wrong. Never did that give me an assumption of NJW in the real game.

Let me ask a question back at you then:

Which of NJW's actions are unique only to scum?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That is not the case. It sounds like purposefully not understanding so you can continue the illusion of scumhunting. I never assumed he was VT in the game. I was making a hypothetical situation to attempt to show you how your assumption of him being scum was wrong. Never did that give me an assumption of NJW in the real game.

That's what I said. Did you even read the post?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You are asking why I kept "changing" whether or not I assumed he was VT.

You've asked me like 50 questions, answer mine please.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have asked you like 50 questions, because you seem to be deliberately changing your answers. I wasn't asking why you kept changing your answer, I was pointing it out with a series of rhetorical, passive-aggressive questions.

I don't really care about NJW right now (though his injection into this conversation has been noted) it's about what you said about his alignment and his role, and how you've gone from "I wasn't assuming he's a VT" to "I was hypothetically assuming he's a VT" to "hypothetically I think he could be town or scum", and how all these things somehow came as a response to a direct question about tunneling.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I myself never assumed he was VT. I created a hypothetical situation where he was VT to attempt to show you that his actions made sense as a VT.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let me say that in a different way.

IMAGINE that NJW is VT: which of his actions do not make sense?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I myself never assumed he was VT. I created a hypothetical situation where he was VT to attempt to show you that his actions made sense as a VT.

... you just finished saying his actions make sense as scum too. Do you see what I mean by changing your answers all the time?

It's not about NJW anymore, it's about you. You've gone beyond the answer to my question, and managed to confuse me further by trying to explain it.

Your new question doesn't even make sense anyway. What do you hope to gain from my answer?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HIS ANSWERS MAKE SENSE AS VT AND SCUM. I AM NOT SAYING YOU WERE WRONG. I AM SAYING THAT I HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION OF HIM THAN YOU DO.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This exchange may help show why I haven't stopped concentrating on hector :P

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HIS ANSWERS MAKE SENSE AS VT AND SCUM. I AM NOT SAYING YOU WERE WRONG. I AM SAYING THAT I HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION OF HIM THAN YOU DO.

I know, I'm trying to pin down why your opinion is different, and you have been incredibly unhelpful in that regard, hence all the questions.

You're still not helping, repeating what we all knew in the first place, so I'm going to stop asking questions.

This exchange may help show why I haven't stopped concentrating on hector :P

That's your prerogative. I'm still going to keep pointing out you haven't found "my" scum partner, though, despite being convinced that I'm mafia.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am fine with him scumhunting me, I just wish he would take two seconds to think about what I say without forcing me to explain every single word I say, and then explain every single one of the words I used to explain the other words.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 45