Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 45

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards Game over Town Victory  (Read 54879 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards (9/9)
« Reply #240 on: November 04, 2015, 03:59:40 pm »

10 hours? You must all live West of me.

Not a great deal of time tonight either, but does anyone feel like the ATH thing is making it harder for them to get reads on other players?

I'm worrying about it, but then I haven't played a game where a few players got a much larger amont of attention than the rest before.
It actually is, because it is the main conversation-started. (was).
And no meaningful (non-semantic) arguments have caught my eye yet.

Also, where the hell is 4masked? He hasn't posted much here OR in the scum chat. (Spoiler: Obviously kidding :p ).

1. ATH claimed first. 2. If roo was a cop, he'd vote for ATH. 3. roo is acting defensive 4. roo implied a copclaim but now denies it.

I don't have good evidence for everything yet, but I think its possible that roo is scum that tried to fake a cop counterclaim on ATH but realized that that was a bad idea partway through, hence the lack of a non-implied claim.

Have you considered that ATH is scum claiming cop in an effort to lure out the real cop, which could be Roo? Roo, realising this part way through softclaiming, or claiming piecemeal (can't remember what that's called), backtracks on that because the Cop is quite useful to town?

If not, does this change anything?
This is something that also caught my attention, however unless Roo outright claims it he's muddling the waters. He hinted at being the cop, then denied it. Makes him a likely mafia NK, so (if he's town) either luring the NK away from the real cop, or the cop who messed up (of which we already have one). He could be scum too, which seems a bit more likely - he's confusing the town and might be trying to get a mislynch going on come day 2.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 04, 2015, 04:01:50 pm »

TheDarkStar:
It's 6 am ahhhhhh I'm going back to bed. I'll say it again don't blame me for your assumptions.

@tolyk  unvote I haven't since I explained in my most recent post why I don't think hector is scum...

@tds if you were following the game you would know that
1.) I am ignoring ath
2.) ath is a troll
3.) I Was voting ath

Tds you haven't been active. And from your two posts seem to only be interested in me. Your initial reason was something or other, doesn't really matter. Now you say your reason has changed. The wording is odd imo.

Instead of saying 'I am keeping my vote on roo'. You mirror the question and say:
"I still intend to vote for roo".

It might be nitpicky but I think it's weird. Your response of "intending" implies you've done due diligence and considered other options besides myself which is simply untrue; as far as your posts go because they tell a different story.

I have not claimed cop tds. You assuming that I have and operating on that assumption is not my fault. It is bad play to cc day 1. As far as me and ath go simoly look at our exchange early in the day. I voted for him then figured out he was a troll and moved from him that is all.

Why do you think ATH is a troll and what does that have to do with ignoring him?
What does your vote on ATH

I'm watching everyone, but you appear to be the scummiest person to me. Are you or are you not claiming cop and why are you implying it? Why would counterclaiming cop be bad on day 1?
It looks like your sentence here got cut off.  What were you trying to ask Roo?

Roo:
@aht trying to talk to you is extremly difficult as you stack lie upon lie. I'm simply gonna go ahead and ignore you for the duration of the day. Failing something you tried technically makes you the jackass. And this is by nature a competitive game. People play it yes to have fun, but I have not met an uber casual player as you are suggesting you are.

unvote this guy is a troll and I'm wasting my time with them.

What are the lies that AHT has been saying?  You mentioned later that you believed his "not role playing" statement was a lie, but were the other lies that you caught?

Given I haven't had much time lately, and Pfp, I'd say that Roo still stands in my suspicion list, plus ATH should probably not get lynched today, and not policy-lynched tomorrow unless no more info comes out. If he's a cop, having him confirm a townie and then getting lynched to confirm the townie... not the best plan.
Eh, I'd be extremely suspicious of ATH if we allow him to live Day 2 and he survives another night.  Even if on Day 3 he claimed to investigate a scum member, I'd probably still want him lynched.

We have 30 minutes remaining for Day 1 unless 1 more person Extends.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 04, 2015, 04:03:11 pm »

EBWOP

TheDarkStar:
It's 6 am ahhhhhh I'm going back to bed. I'll say it again don't blame me for your assumptions.

@tolyk  unvote I haven't since I explained in my most recent post why I don't think hector is scum...

1.) I am ignoring ath
2.) ath is a troll
3.) I Was voting ath

Tds you haven't been active. And from your two posts seem to only be interested in me. Your initial reason was something or other, doesn't really matter. Now you say your reason has changed. The wording is odd imo.

Instead of saying 'I am keeping my vote on roo'. You mirror the question and say:

It might be nitpicky but I think it's weird. Your response of "intending" implies you've done due diligence and considered other options besides myself which is simply untrue; as far as your posts go because they tell a different story.

I have not claimed cop tds. You assuming that I have and operating on that assumption is not my fault. It is bad play to cc day 1. As far as me and ath go simoly look at our exchange early in the day. I voted for him then figured out he was a troll and moved from him that is all.

Why do you think ATH is a troll and what does that have to do with ignoring him?

I'm watching everyone, but you appear to be the scummiest person to me. Are you or are you not claiming cop and why are you implying it? Why would counterclaiming cop be bad on day 1?

Roo:
@aht trying to talk to you is extremly difficult as you stack lie upon lie. I'm simply gonna go ahead and ignore you for the duration of the day. Failing something you tried technically makes you the jackass. And this is by nature a competitive game. People play it yes to have fun, but I have not met an uber casual player as you are suggesting you are.

What are the lies that ATH has been saying?  You mentioned later that you believed his "not role playing" statement was a lie, but what were the other lies that you caught?

Given I haven't had much time lately, and Pfp, I'd say that Roo still stands in my suspicion list, plus ATH should probably not get lynched today, and not policy-lynched tomorrow unless no more info comes out. If he's a cop, having him confirm a townie and then getting lynched to confirm the townie... not the best plan.
Eh, I'd be extremely suspicious of ATH if we allow him to live Day 2 and he survives another night.  Even if on Day 3 he claimed to investigate a scum member, I'd probably still want him lynched.

Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 04, 2015, 04:04:13 pm »

Ahh, crud.  EBWOP 2.

EBWOP

TheDarkStar:

1.) I am ignoring ath
2.) ath is a troll
3.) I Was voting ath

Roo:

What are the lies that ATH has been saying?  You mentioned later that you believed his "not role playing" statement was a lie, but what were the other lies that you caught?

TolyK:

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 04, 2015, 04:13:11 pm »

If nobody extends, is there a mislynch? No time on my side rly to check, pls extend, I am not at all happy with my reads.
One wheel short of a wagon

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 04, 2015, 04:20:14 pm »

If nobody extends, is there a mislynch? No time on my side rly to check, pls extend, I am not at all happy with my reads.

I think Roo has 3 votes from TheDarkStar, Hector13, and AbstractTraitorHero.  If no one extends then he'll be lynched.

It's kind of suspicious that Roo has been so quiet lately.  If he was scum, I'd expect him to say more stuff for WIFOM purposes or something.  On the other hand, I've never read a game where he is scum, so I really can't say for sure.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 04, 2015, 04:21:12 pm »

EBWOP, poor choice of words.

I think Roo has 3 votes from TheDarkStar, Hector13, and AbstractTraitorHero.  If no one extends then he'll be lynched.

It's kind of odd that Roo has been so quiet lately.  If he was scum, I'd expect him to say more stuff for WIFOM purposes or something.  On the other hand, I've never read a game where he is scum, so I really can't say for sure.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 04, 2015, 04:33:22 pm »

Hm, fillipk is offline at the moment.  I guess the day ends when he gets back.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 04, 2015, 04:45:56 pm »

As the sun set the accusations all turned towards one person.  Sensing this Roo started to back away but this only succeeded in drawing more attention to himself.  As the crowd closed in he shouted, "I'm telling you I'm innocent, I voted for Fernando."  It didn't matter, the crowd wanted blood.  As the noose was brought forth Roo went silent, as protest was futile.  One quick hanging later the remaining guards went through Roo's house and to their horror to find that Roo was a loyal supporter of Fernando.

Roo has been lynched, he was a vanilla Townie

Votecount:
*Tomasque - (0)
*NJW2000 - Tolyk (1)
*AbstractTraitorHero - (0)
*Megggas - Tomasque (1)
*Roo - TheDarkStar Hector13 AbstractTraitorHero (3)
*Hector13 - (0)
*Tolyk - (0)
*4maskedwolf - (0)
*TheDarkStar - (0)
No Lynch - (0)

Not voting: NJW2000, Megggas, 4maskedwolf, Roo

Extension requests: 3/4
Shorten requests: 0/5

Night ends at 1:30 PM PST Thursday, November 5th.  You have till then to send in your night actions.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 10:30:43 am by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 05, 2015, 04:53:46 pm »

The Rooster crows and everyone gets up from what seems to be an uneventful night, the guards take up their positions and to everyone's surprise there are still 8 guards left, quite a mystery.

Votecount:
*Tomasque - (0)
*NJW2000 - (0)
*AbstractTraitorHero - (0)
*Megggas - (0)
*Hector13 - (0)
*Tolyk - (0)
*4maskedwolf - (0)
*TheDarkStar - (0)
No Lynch - (0)

Not voting: NJW2000, Megggas, 4maskedwolf, TheDarkStar, Tolyk, Hector13, AbstractTraitorHero, Tomasque

Extension requests: 0/3
Shorten requests: 0/5

Day ends at 1:30 PM PST Tuesday, November 10th.  There are two extensions available.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 10:31:07 am by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 05, 2015, 05:01:28 pm »

Whoo! So apparently no kill, which means doc and mafia chose the same target.

ATH, if you're the real cop (you'd say this either way though...), are you comfortable sharing results & who did you inspect and/or did you inspect a Mafioso?

Posting from just-about-to-sleep.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 05, 2015, 05:02:21 pm »

Also, sorry Roo.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 05, 2015, 05:08:31 pm »

Damn, I felt we didn't have enough information.

Sorry Roo.

OK, I might wait till others have posted, more central to the debate. Bed anyway :(
One wheel short of a wagon

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 05, 2015, 05:13:51 pm »

Whoo! So apparently no kill, which means doc and mafia chose the same target.

ATH, if you're the real cop (you'd say this either way though...), are you comfortable sharing results & who did you inspect and/or did you inspect a Mafioso?

Posting from just-about-to-sleep.

Remember, there's a jailor instead of a doc in this setup. That means that ATH might not have a result. The lack of a kill also means that ATH is probably trustworthy, since he was a pretty clear scumkill target..
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 05, 2015, 05:17:43 pm »

I'M ALIVE! cue dancing
Yeah i didn't receive any results so the jailor had to have jailed me

So the question is how should we procced to find scum?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 45