Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 45

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards Game over Town Victory  (Read 54990 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards (9/9)
« Reply #195 on: November 03, 2015, 09:31:30 am »

BTW, ATH has stated he has disgraphia (?), which makes it hard for him to write well (read too?).
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 03, 2015, 09:35:05 am »

BTW, ATH has stated he has disgraphia (?), which makes it hard for him to write well (read too?).
no it dosent affect reading just writing drawing and typing.
I do have glasses but their broken so thats why I'm making all those reading mistakes
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 03, 2015, 10:00:36 am »

@tolyk  unvote I haven't since I explained in my most recent post why I don't think hector is scum...

I don't think you did explain why I wasn't scum, so... two questions:

1. Why did you think I was scum?

2. Why do you not think I'm scum now?

I would appreciate some quotes this time.

@tds if you were following the game you would know that
1.) I am ignoring ath
2.) ath is a troll
3.) I Was voting ath

Tds you haven't been active. And from your two posts seem to only be interested in me. Your initial reason was something or other, doesn't really matter. Now you say your reason has changed. The wording is odd imo.

I don't understand what you're saying here. Are you saying TDS has to stick to his initial reason (one wasn't furnished in this post, though inferences can be made by reading the question) and it's suspicious that the reason may change as the game develops?

Instead of saying 'I am keeping my vote on roo'. You mirror the question and say:
"I still intend to vote for roo".

It might be nitpicky but I think it's weird. Your response of "intending" implies you've done due diligence and considered other options besides myself which is simply untrue; as far as your posts go because they tell a different story.

How do you know it's untrue? TDS can't prove what work he's done in this game, and you can't say he hasn't thoroughly read the thread, so what it is it you're trying to do here?

I have not claimed cop tds. You assuming that I have and operating on that assumption is not my fault. It is bad play to cc day 1. As far as me and ath go simoly look at our exchange early in the day. I voted for him then figured out he was a troll and moved from him that is all.

I would suggest that it is your fault, considering 4 players (myself, TDS, Megas and Tolyk) have all asked you about claiming cop. You also outright stated you "hoped you wouldn't have to claim" in this post, which tells us you - at the very least - think you have something worth claiming.

TDS, why are you voting for Roo over ATH in the whole cop-claiming saga?

Everyone, opinions on the cop-claiming saga. We have two people claiming a role that we know can have a maximum of one in the game, so... at least one of them is lying.

Also Tolyk, did you have questions for me in your most recent WoT post? You quoted some of the stuff I said, but didn't ask anything so... I'm not sure. Or where you just exemplifying that I was agreeing with NJW?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 03, 2015, 10:08:56 am »

unvote voting rooroo you just don't give out town feels. I've been waiting reading your posts a townie doesn't try and defend themselves by insulting another player it's what scum do when their trying to divert suspicion that and you've been subtly saying your cop according to many people your scum but I'm willling to listen to reason so do you have a rebuttal roo?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 03, 2015, 10:10:42 am »

EBDP
many people,your scum

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 03, 2015, 11:00:52 am »

(Quick post from phone)
AbstractTraitorHero, I still want you to answer my questions:

Sire/madame i have a question
can there be more than 1 person with the same role for example 2 town cops?
heres my first hint that i gave i have to copy paste these since my phone won't let me go back when I'm  in the reply section to grab quotes
their both almost certainly guilty the innocent part is highly unlikely so I'll figure it out myself mull it over during the night or something like that

Why im interested i want to catch if two people try and say their a town power role and lynch them for their slip up
Those are the hints i gave most of them are found on page 2 or 3 with 50 post pages its what i use

Ok, if you consider that first statement a hint, does that mean you only pretended to not know that there can only be one cop?  Was that part of your scum-catching gambit, or did you actually not know?  If you didn't know, then why didn't you check the OP before asking about it?
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 03, 2015, 12:24:59 pm »

Warning: WoT

NJW:
Ok.
TolyK then:

So I'm getting voted on because of circular logic and thinking out loud? Better than my last mafia game, at least :P

Yeah, as I've said, I'm not trying to KILL discussion of it, but for reasons earlier stated, it's a lovely situation for scum as well if there isn't some other discussion of other stuff and none of them are involved. Like this, which is good. I was just worried that a mistaken gambit might suck the whole town into something not giving much info.
Makes sense. Remember that some votes are there to keep on the pressure, and some are "I want to lynch you" votes. Some are in-between.
Unfortunately, as I understand, roo claimed to be the cop as well (though very ambiguously - see later in post). What is your stance on this, and how does it change the ATH situation?

Roo has, after attacking someone who did a dodgy gambit and ended up claiming, decided not to let them impact their game. Roo has subsequently counterclaimed, ish, but tries to foist the blame for thinking he did so on those that build up theories. Perhaps this is because he has made a slip, I cannot understand his game right now. His frequent utterences that it is bad play to cc d1 suggest that he wants to do this but can't. Or he might be mafia, and cc-ing BECAUSE it will screw up the game D1, but doing so in a dodgy way to avoid suspiscion.

But ultimately, my only read on someone who is deliberately ambigous and insists upon this in mafia, in which the communication is shown to all, is completely wtf. If he wanted to send a message like ATH supposedly did, that would be a completely dumb situation as far as I know, as everyone can see, and anyone who could have a code (MAFIA) could just... say stuff? Perhaps he is trying to confuse us. SO in total, having written this, I'm getting an unhelpful .'. very faint and confusing scum read. Not as big as an FOS yet.

Was it a slip, roo?
IC, what is the politics of telling someone they don't have to answer something?

This ambiguity feels unlike the mafia I have played.
One wheel short of a wagon

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 03, 2015, 04:38:01 pm »

The day dragged on, there were a couple fistfights and some namecalling, nothing major though.  The villagers brought lunch and everyone feasted with Fernando.  You then left to continue trying to find the plants leaving the other villagers to clean up.

Votecount:
*Tomasque - (0)
*NJW2000 - Tolyk (1)
*AbstractTraitorHero - (0)
*Megggas - (0)
*Roo - TheDarkStar Hector13 (2)
*Hector13 - (0)
*Tolyk - (0)
*4maskedwolf - (0)
*TheDarkStar - (0)
No Lynch - (0)

Not voting: Tomasque, NJW2000, Megggas, 4maskedwolf, AbstractTraitorHero, Roo

Extension requests: 0/4
Shorten requests: 0/5

Day ends at 1:30 PM PST Wednesday, November 4th.  There are two extensions available.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 03, 2015, 06:06:03 pm »

(Quick post from phone)
AbstractTraitorHero, I still want you to answer my questions:

heres my first hint that i gave i have to copy paste these since my phone won't let me go back when I'm  in the reply section to grab quotes
their both almost certainly guilty the innocent part is highly unlikely so I'll figure it out myself mull it over during the night or something like that

Why im interested i want to catch if two people try and say their a town power role and lynch them for their slip up
Those are the hints i gave most of them are found on page 2 or 3 with 50 post pages its what i use

Ok, if you consider that first statement a hint, does that mean you only pretended to not know that there can only be one cop?  Was that part of your scum-catching gambit, or did you actually not know?  If you didn't know, then why didn't you check the OP before asking about it?
yes it was part of the scum catching gambit
which i can safely say failed.
 i did know there can be only one cop I made that post in hopes that the town might pick up that I'm the town cop.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 03, 2015, 06:08:26 pm »

But not the scum?

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
One wheel short of a wagon

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 03, 2015, 06:18:29 pm »

But not the scum?

Yes that was the hope to be completely honest.
 This whole plan rested on me being lucky and the town picking up on me being the town cop. Hopefully the scum would fail to notice.
 I'm usually pretty lucky which is why i decided to try this.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 03, 2015, 06:51:59 pm »

Quote from: hector13
Everyone, opinions on the cop-claiming saga. We have two people claiming a role that we know can have a maximum of one in the game, so... at least one of them is lying.

I don't know. I keep switching sides, then something that one of you points out (that I completely missed) completely changes my opinion. Right now, though, I think that we should lynch roo, but that'll probably change really quickly.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 03, 2015, 07:22:41 pm »

Ok, I'm here again....kind of.  I'll be around for the next 2 hours, but first I've got to eat dinner.  I just wanted to say this real quick.

AbstractTraitorHero:

i did know there can be only one cop I made that post in hopes that the town might pick up that I'm the town cop.
But not the scum?

This whole plan rested on me being lucky and the town picking up on me being the town cop. Hopefully the scum would fail to notice.
So...you really didn't think this plan through at all then?  The scum already know who the townies are and would specifically be looking for power roles.  Even if you were incredibly lucky and the scum didn't notice you, what did you expect to gain from the town discovering your role this early?  Did you expect every townie to figure out your role and then just keep their mouth shut and not mention their suspicions about you?
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 03, 2015, 07:35:40 pm »

Ok, I'm here again....kind of.  I'll be around for the next 2 hours, but first I've got to eat dinner.  I just wanted to say this real quick.

AbstractTraitorHero:

But not the scum?

So...you really didn't think this plan through at all then?  The scum already know who the townies are and would specifically be looking for power roles.  Even if you were incredibly lucky and the scum didn't notice you, what did you expect to gain from the town discovering your role this early?  Did you expect every townie to figure out your role and then just keep their mouth shut and not mention their suspicions about you?
i thought it through but not enough at all i was thinking in terms of what i wanted to happen instead of thinking of all possibilities that could happen
And i thought i would gain a guaranteed trust and allow the townto have a better chance at finding scum by knowing one player is town

I expected people to be suspicious the plan for then was to completely deny it while leaving hints and confirmation that i was the town cop
In the end my plan failed becuase i did not think of all outcomes and poor execution

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 03, 2015, 08:12:08 pm »

How were you expecting us to have guaranteed trust in you, when you have no way of proving your role..?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 45