Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 45

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards Game over Town Victory  (Read 54982 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards (9/9)
« Reply #180 on: November 02, 2015, 06:40:12 pm »

Ahhh that makes less sense. You voted me then started hassling me interesting approach. That makes more sense as scum no need to continue to on my case again and again after the vote as the voting indicates that you have one found scum two implies a case and three can move on to other people or sttempt to convince others of my guilt. You were looking for takers to hop on weren't you? Lol. What bad play.

hector shameless omgus.
And why wouldn't I ask for your games. The reaction test is as valid as any other. The superior play is to provide them and let me sift; instead you lash out attach less then endearing qualities to yours truly. Tell me why do you feel the need to discredit me? Ahh that's right you have a vote but as you hector openly admit no case/evidence/feelings/suspicion as you have spent most of real tjme yesterday on ath case. So I think we all are wondering what is up with that?

Roo omgused me, for some reason I've yet to divine.

I think he provided a reason, Hec. You just seem a bit fishily hostile here.

The lies and such? I think I have a reason to be upset about someone trying to invent a case against me. I wouldn't mind so much if he actually used quotes and evidence, asked questions and such.

He tried a similar thing in the last BM we played together, though I was scum in that game, and got him lynched D1. Evidently he thinks that if I get hostile and/or defensive, it'll mean I'm scum. I'm only get hostile because he's being a lazy so-and-so and not scumhunting, hurting town.

PPE:

Not judging or recommending his reasons, but they were that Hector reacted oddly hostilely to requests for games, and that he voted before pressuring. NOT SAYING THEY'RE GOOD, just that Hector seems to be trying a little too hard to make roo look nuts/scum. Maybe he's just an abrasive person though. Sleep now.

Basically would say the same thing I said above, tbh. Roo hasn't done anything of substance until now.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 02, 2015, 07:54:31 pm »

Hmmmmmmmm you might be right Hector. About you not being scum I mean. Last game you reminded me of a WASP. This game though you charge ahead irregardless if you're wrong, which I think you are. I think you just wanna win against me; In this secluded instance. I could be wrong, doubt it. Of course that doesn't say much as I was accusing you of being scum. I do still hold that you were on my case during the beginning of the day. My perspective probably won't change on this matter. Two people disagreeing fundamentally over events that transpired is not anything new that's why this game is so great. But I no longer think you're scum.

@people with questions: If your question encourages decay into rqs it is highly likely that I will not answer it. A lot has happened ask about that I'd be happy to answer.

@megas and njw: It is extremely poor play to cc anyone day 1. But whatever your interpretation of my statement is I welcome it. Do not blame me for your assumptions please.

My reads so far are:
town
Megas
Tolyk
Hector
scum reads
Currently looking
null
ATH

My strategy is probably gonna have to be one of PoE. Not having any brilliant insights. Is that because scum haven't posted substantially/made a move which means they are not as active or because they are that good which means they are experienced. The scum IC was active; he made a single post. I assume because he was not busy counseling his mafia charges. This lends credence to them being not as active imo.
Or not it's cool.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 02, 2015, 08:07:09 pm »

Sire/madame i have a question
can there be more than 1 person with the same role for example 2 town cops?
heres my first hint that i gave i have to copy paste these since my phone won't let me go back when I'm  in the reply section to grab quotes
their both almost certainly guilty the innocent part is highly unlikely so I'll figure it out myself mull it over during the night or something like that

Why im interested i want to catch if two people try and say their a town power role and lynch them for their slip up
Those are the hints i gave most of them are found on page 2 or 3 with 50 post pages its what i use
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

4maskedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ghost of Forumites Past
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 02, 2015, 09:32:18 pm »

4maskedwolf:  In your experience, what are the most common scum tells dropped by newbie scum?
Depends on the newbie.  Most new scum get ID'd as scum because they are new.  I'm going to say something about scumtells in a bit, but right now I'm answering questions.
What exactly do you mean by "Most new scum get ID'd as scum because they are new"?  Can you give an example?
It's... I'm honestly not quite sure how to explain it, frustratingly.  Remind me of this question D2 and I'll see if I can gather my thoughts, I'm rather scrambled right now because of college.
A flitting shadow, wandering the hidden paths of the forums.  Long since lost to humanity, it's path follows no discernible pattern, simply observing that which goes on around it.  If you have found it, it is already too late for you, for none may see its silent journey.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 02, 2015, 10:01:34 pm »

heres my first hint that i gave i have to copy paste these since my phone won't let me go back when I'm  in the reply section to grab quotes
their both almost certainly guilty the innocent part is highly unlikely so I'll figure it out myself mull it over during the night or something like that

Why im interested i want to catch if two people try and say their a town power role and lynch them for their slip up
Those are the hints i gave most of them are found on page 2 or 3 with 50 post pages its what i use

Ok, if you consider that first statement a hint, does that mean you only pretended to not know that there can only be one cop?  Was that part of your scum-catching gambit, or did you actually not know?  If you didn't know, then why didn't you check the OP before asking about it?

Well, I'm going to bed now.  I recall that Roo was a cop in one of his previous BM games, so I might read up on that later.  I'm curious if he hinted at his role early on in that game.  I'll be back in 15-20 hours, though I post a few quick replies from my phone before then.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 02, 2015, 10:06:50 pm »

Well, I'm going to bed now.  I recall that Roo was a cop in one of his previous BM games, so I might read up on that later.  I'm curious if he hinted at his role early on in that game.  I'll be back in 15-20 hours, though I might post a few quick replies from my phone before then.

EBWOP
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 02, 2015, 10:11:00 pm »

Its in the op, but there cannot be two identical town power roles, there is either a cop, a jail keeper, or both but not two of one type.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 02, 2015, 10:14:25 pm »

Its in the op, but there cannot be two identical town power roles, there is either a cop, a jail keeper, or both but not two of one type.
i know i was showing a previous post showing how i gave hints that i was the town cop

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 02, 2015, 10:25:10 pm »

Ah got a bit confused since you didn't use quotes, but I see now.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 02, 2015, 10:30:43 pm »

I just managed to finish reading all that you guys wrote since I last wrote. It's like trudging through a lake of molasses. By the time I get to the other side, I forget half of what I tried to remember in the first. Since things are looking pretty muddy, I think I'll post a lot less often (I also have to update my forum game more frequently as it seems my players are getting faster at replying :P).
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 02, 2015, 11:34:02 pm »

EVERYONE: QUESTION/SUGGESTION: (RHetorically) What has been the effect of TBH's... hard-to-pin-down play, the slight argument between them and roo, and the copclaim? While these are some of the more active posters, most of the disussion has been on this, with a some players only having really posted once or twice. Most points, if you flick htrough the thread, are about that stuff. And does that give us a full enough picture? No, most of the other stuff has been players discussing others' reads on this frankly mindbending mess, while there's been a bit of polite chatter, not much else. This benefits SCUM. SO how about we cool down on posts on this, think for a bit about the issue while not posting on it, and look at other players?

THEDARKSTAR: WHut? One post? Is there gonna be any more of this? You're offline as I type. DId you only have time to skim? Because the I'm not there gambit would work quite well on a D1 as trippy as this.

First question: What do you suggest we focus on instead? Why do you think that it's a good idea to stop asking questions about TBH's copclaim?

Second question: Yes, one post. And yes, I was offline shortly afterwards. However, that was in the first few hours of the game. I saw the game a few hours after it had started and I had to sleep after posting. There's no much to say, really, other than general posting. Why do you suggest that I would be scum because I'm less active in the first few hours of Day 1?

Dark Star: I think you wrote (somewhere here) that the jailkeeper should jail ATH. Why did you want to protect the cop if it would roleblock him as well?

If he doesn't get protected and he's not a scum doing a Refuge in Audacity, he's dead tonight. Whether he can investigate someone is irrelevant if he can't tell us what he finds. If he's scum, then blocking him hurts the scum by either stopping an investigation or a nightkill.

TheDarkStar:
From what I can tell, you've only posted once so far during Day 1.  Why the inactivity?  Also, you were voting for Roo because he voted for ATH, who claimed cop.  What do you think of Roo now?  Do you intend to still vote for him?

I've explained my inactivity above.

I still intend to vote for roo. Here's why:

My reads so far are:
town
Megas
Tolyk
Hector
scum reads
Currently looking
null
ATH

Roo has claimed cop and he knows that ATH has claimed cop; he also knows that at least one of them must be lying. However, instead of voting for ATH, roo said that he couldn't find anyone that was scummy and said that he had a null read on ATH.

Roo: Why aren't you voting for ATH if you're counterclaiming cop?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 02, 2015, 11:39:31 pm »

Wait when did roo say he was counter claiming cop?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 03, 2015, 03:18:21 am »

Warning: WoT

NJW:
Ok.
TolyK then:

So I'm getting voted on because of circular logic and thinking out loud? Better than my last mafia game, at least :P

Yeah, as I've said, I'm not trying to KILL discussion of it, but for reasons earlier stated, it's a lovely situation for scum as well if there isn't some other discussion of other stuff and none of them are involved. Like this, which is good. I was just worried that a mistaken gambit might suck the whole town into something not giving much info.
Makes sense. Remember that some votes are there to keep on the pressure, and some are "I want to lynch you" votes. Some are in-between.
Unfortunately, as I understand, roo claimed to be the cop as well (though very ambiguously - see later in post). What is your stance on this, and how does it change the ATH situation?

Answering for Hector: If the mafia don't kill him, for "being" the rolecop, this means he is mafia, so we have to kill him. It doesn't fully work, if he is neither. I think.
Please don't answer for others. Usually when questions are asked of someone, the wording of the response is more important than the information, and your answering for him practically allows him to "agree" with you, which is generally an agreeable stance... >.>

Hector:
Well, I should say that lynching ATH isn't the only option we have if he isn't killed N1, but anyway: I would lynch ATH D2 because either:

a) he's fakeclaiming cop, and I don't see why a townie would do that.

or b) he's telling the truth, but we won't know for sure until after his flip, which requires death. If the scum don't NK him N1, they may very well do it N2 anyway, because the odds of him investigating scum increase from 2 in 7 on N1 to 1 in 2 on N2, assuming we don't lynch scum (in which case the odds drop to 1 in 4, assuming his N1 investigation is alive/1 in 5 if not) and the person investigated on N1 is still alive (otherwise it would be 2 in 5 if we missed scum/1 in 5 if not)

We wouldn't have to lynch him, necessarily, if he said who he investigated N1, in case the scum do NK him N2. That way we can focus our attention on actually finding scum rather than lynching our Cop. However, surviving to D3 would necessitate a lynch I think, because I don't think the scum would leave the cop alive for 2 nights straight. (pending flips from the D1 + 2 lynch, and the N1 + 2 NKs, obviously. Cop may flip long before then.)

PPE: NJW, and Tolyk really, there might not actually be a cop in this setup, which is another issue for us to consider. At this point I think he was fakeclaiming, but this being a BM, I'm not sure if it was a n00b town move, and I'd rather not risk losing the cop D1 if he is telling the truth. It's not a pleasant situation to be in :-\

Think I'll stick an FoS on NJW for the moment though. You're not asking many questions, which I find bothersome.

@Hector Your play is throwing me off a bit; you ask questions but don't bother to follow up from what I can tell. Can you link your previous games? I'm wondering if you do this as scum.
As for who I'm looking to pressure next idk maybe njw for the shameless bandwagon disliked his "lol your reason" thing.

@TDS you asked why I don't believe his (ahts') claim? That is extremely unfortunate I was hoping I wouldn't have to claim.
(emphasis mine)
So: You're counter-claiming cop? If you are, say it directly, otherwise this just provokes more confusion. If you're just saying that to "gambit"... not the best idea, IMO. This is day 1, and if you've been quietly keeping to yourself that you're the cop - totally fine. However, hinting that without any concrete information doesn't seem to help everyone figure out what is going on.

the IC [(tolyk) I think he is the ic has the same characteristic mafia god complex] votes njw.
Not actually an IC, though the talk is similar. I'm definitely a mafia god, as I've said many times... (hint: I've only said the opposite). But that's just fluff. :)

Ahhh that makes less sense. You voted me then started hassling me interesting approach. That makes more sense as scum no need to continue to on my case again and again after the vote as the voting indicates that you have one found scum two implies a case and three can move on to other people or sttempt to convince others of my guilt. You were looking for takers to hop on weren't you? Lol. What bad play.

hector shameless omgus.
... What. This post makes no sense - I don't get the logic at all. He starts questioning you with a pressure vote, and that vote stayed. Apparently he's starting a bandwagon on you... and that's OMGUS? It feels like you're trying to rattle on accusations that look like you actually have a read on someone. Otherwise, explain your logic.

TolyK:
What do you think about Roo's implied cop claim?  Does this affect your view of ATH's cop claim?
TBH I don't know what to think - he seems fairly aggressive and vaguely claiming cop a while after ATH did just seems out of character. Will wait on his reply to my question before going into this fully, though.

I just managed to finish reading all that you guys wrote since I last wrote. It's like trudging through a lake of molasses. By the time I get to the other side, I forget half of what I tried to remember in the first. Since things are looking pretty muddy, I think I'll post a lot less often (I also have to update my forum game more frequently as it seems my players are getting faster at replying :P).
... Posting less often is what you *shouldn't* do, unless you've had 20+ posts already... it helps to make "wall of text" posts like this to have coherent thoughts. Just copy-paste the quotes into one editor.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 03, 2015, 07:47:09 am »

It's 6 am ahhhhhh I'm going back to bed. I'll say it again don't blame me for your assumptions.

@tolyk  unvote I haven't since I explained in my most recent post why I don't think hector is scum...

@tds if you were following the game you would know that
1.) I am ignoring ath
2.) ath is a troll
3.) I Was voting ath

Tds you haven't been active. And from your two posts seem to only be interested in me. Your initial reason was something or other, doesn't really matter. Now you say your reason has changed. The wording is odd imo.

Instead of saying 'I am keeping my vote on roo'. You mirror the question and say:
"I still intend to vote for roo".

It might be nitpicky but I think it's weird. Your response of "intending" implies you've done due diligence and considered other options besides myself which is simply untrue; as far as your posts go because they tell a different story.

I have not claimed cop tds. You assuming that I have and operating on that assumption is not my fault. It is bad play to cc day 1. As far as me and ath go simoly look at our exchange early in the day. I voted for him then figured out he was a troll and moved from him that is all.
Or not it's cool.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 03, 2015, 08:37:05 am »

Roo what have i done that makes me a troll?
It's 6 am ahhhhhh I'm going back to bed. I'll say it again don't blame me for your assumptions.

@tolyk  unvote I haven't since I explained in my most recent post why I don't think hector is scum...

@tds if you were following the game you would know that
1.) I am ignoring ath
2.) ath is a troll
3.) I Was voting ath

Tds you haven't been active. And from your two posts seem to only be interested in me. Your initial reason was something or other, doesn't really matter. Now you say your reason has changed. The wording is odd imo.

Instead of saying 'I am keeping my vote on roo'. You mirror the question and say:
"I still intend to vote for roo".

It might be nitpicky but I think it's weird. Your response of "intending" implies you've done due diligence and considered other options besides myself which is simply untrue; as far as your posts go because they tell a different story.

I have not claimed cop tds. You assuming that I have and operating on that assumption is not my fault. It is bad play to cc day 1. As far as me and ath go simoly look at our exchange early in the day. I voted for him then figured out he was a troll and moved from him that is all.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 45