Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 45

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards Game over Town Victory  (Read 54786 times)

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards (9/9)
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2015, 08:05:19 pm »

You wanna lnow what!? What are your roles i want to try something
"know"

AbstractTraitorHero, have you read the list of common scum tells on the OP?

Scumtells are things that someone does or says that imply that they're scum. Usually the reasoning is that it's bad or not productive for townies to do it, so it can be hard to distinguish signs of being scum from signs of being a noob. This is one of the reasons scum almost always win beginner's mafia games.

Rolefishing: Trying to find power roles (cop and jailer in the BM), often via questioning.  This can also be a tell for certain town power roles, particularly protective ones such as doctors.

AbstractTraitorHero, why do you want to know everyone's roles?
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2015, 08:06:56 pm »

I claim Rolecop! Anyone going to CC me?  :D

...seriously, what are trying here?
you actually being serious or are you being sarcastic?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2015, 08:08:34 pm »

"know"

AbstractTraitorHero, have you read the list of common scum tells on the OP?

Scumtells are things that someone does or says that imply that they're scum. Usually the reasoning is that it's bad or not productive for townies to do it, so it can be hard to distinguish signs of being scum from signs of being a noob. This is one of the reasons scum almost always win beginner's mafia games.

Rolefishing: Trying to find power roles (cop and jailer in the BM), often via questioning.  This can also be a tell for certain town power roles, particularly protective ones such as doctors.

AbstractTraitorHero, why do you want to know everyone's roles?
yes i have and i know how suspicious this seems but this seems stupid enough that it just might work

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2015, 08:11:34 pm »

hector:What do you meanby asking the "right" questions with "no information?" Why and how does it make you uncomfortable? How exactly is ATH making it easier for you to generate content?

Everyone: How much longer do we want to let the lurkers take advantage of the info we are giving away? Do you believe this is happenings?

The right questions to generate content rather than "stock" answers that give us nothing. It makes me uncomfortable because I don't like that, and ATH is allowing me to ask questions about their answers to my previous questions.

I don't think anyone is lurking just yet.

hector13:  Why did you ask Tomasque what he would do if he was cop?  How is that information beneficial to the town?

Previously mentioned distaste of RVS, and it allows us a small glimpse into what Tomasque find suspicious about players - asking questions like that, apparently - which is beneficial to town because we can act on it later. Equally so, they mentioned a player (me) that I now expect them to put pressure on as a result of it, so I was hoping it to also encourage some degree of scum-hunting.
How exactly would the town be able to act on that info later?  Give me an example of a situation where that information is useful.
Well if Tomasque mentions a particular suspicion, and doesn't act on it when someone does it, we know to be a little suspicious, and press them on it.

As I said, they mentioned a player they were suspicious of, and I expect them to be questioned, which is what is happening. Making people be more active is useful to the town.
1scum tells for me are when my gut tells me something is wrong constantly trying to defend the sameperson at everyturn not willing to die for the town excessive lurking tryimg to make everyone bandwagon

Would you mind explaining what "not willing to die for town" means?

2 i do not look at your previous games i only remember things about your games i think looking at your past games is to unfair
No i don't know a lot about tge game playing wise I'm saying I'm good at finding trends and i understand some people who have played games on here scumtells better

These two things, to me, seem mutually exclusive. If you think that looking at past games is too unfair, why apply what you learn from them to scum tells?

What do you think NJWs scum tells are?

Why im interested i want to catch if two people try and say their a town power role and lynch them for their slip up

How would you go about deciding which one to lynch in this instance?

AbstractTraitorHero: Please put commas, periods, and capitals in there. It hurts my head just to look at it.
+1
hector13: Frankly, I have no clue what your agenda is. Also, I looked up RQS (because I didn't  know the definition) and that is what you're doing right now. Did you perhaps mean something else?

Apologies, I usually try to explain things like abbreviations I use in beginner mafias... but no, I did mean RQS.

I can do it, because asking questions is useful in mafia, it's just asking the right questions when you have no information is my issue. It's not something I'm comfortable with, because I don't really know what to ask to generate content, though maybe I'm doing better this time round with ATH.
1 a scum wants to stay alive at all costs since a townie can still win if they die they shoudent fight quite as hard

2 What i meant by that was directly looking at their games instead of just recalling them from memory i think it makes the game slightly fairer and funner this way
Njw scum tells? If i recall he she gets nervous and desperatly tries to get people yo defend them but i could be thinking of a different person.

3 i lynch both simple cause their both lying and trying to sacrifice the other mafia member or alternatively if i truly think one is innocent i lynch the other one

1. scum can still win if they die (I think) so long as their partner isn't killed too, so I'm not sure that's necessarily the best scum-tell.

2. I would hope you do go back to check to make sure your recollection is reliable. I'm not huge on this answer, particularly when you say "if I recall NJWs scum tells are:" instead of "I went back to check NJWs scum tells and they are:". I would urge you not to rely on your memory when the information is reasonably easy to check up, and will provide you with quotes to at least support some variety of meta-analysis.

3. You can only lynch one at a time, though, so, a hypothetical situation to consider: You are the only three players remaining, and if you lynch the wrong one you will lose. How will you decide which one to vote for, knowing that a wrong decision will lose the game?

yes i have and i know how suspicious this seems but this seems stupid enough that it just might work

It may also be stupid enough to get you lynched.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2015, 08:16:19 pm »

Tomasque it appears I've found a scum becuase it is impossible for you to be the town rolecop

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2015, 08:16:40 pm »

you actually being serious or are you being sarcastic?
Sarcastic for the first part, serious for the part below that. I believe you already knew that. Were you stalling?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2015, 08:21:16 pm »

Tomasque it appears I've found a scum becuase it is impossible for you to be the town rolecop
See above post.

ATH: Is this just a gambit of yours (that will benefit town) that you are trying to use on me? Are you trying to see whether I can be outed by my scum partner via him/her voting for you?
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2015, 08:23:16 pm »

I think i have failed and it is blindingly obivious what my role is becuase my stupid device dident load in your post fast enough

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2015, 08:26:14 pm »

ATH: Is this just a gambit of yours (that will benefit town) that you are trying to use on me? Are you trying to see whether I can be outed by my scum partner via him/her voting for you?

How would your scum partner voting for someone out you as scum?

I think i have failed and it is blindingly obivious what my role is becuase my stupid device dident load in your post fast enough

... are you roleclaiming? That... I don't know what to think of that.

I suppose my first question is why?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2015, 08:30:55 pm »

To defend me. Wouldn't you be suspicious if all of the sudden someone piped up in my defense? More so if it was a player who hadn't posted yet?
Money!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2015, 08:34:51 pm »

Yes  I'm the Rolecop and I've been hinting at it in some of my posts hoping townies would figure it out
And why im roleclaiming? It's blindingly obvious I'm the rolecop who tried to trick scum into saying they were rolecop becuase i know their lying becuase it's my role and I was hoping the scum were newbish enough to fall for it and now i see how stupid that plan was.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2015, 08:34:59 pm »

To defend me. Wouldn't you be suspicious if all of the sudden someone piped up in my defense? More so if it was a player who hadn't posted yet?
Of course, but voting for someone isn't really an action that requires defense from someone else. It would require a reason from you, though. I'd be suspicious of you if that reason was crap.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2015, 08:38:40 pm »

hector13:  Why did you ask Tomasque what he would do if he was cop?  How is that information beneficial to the town?

Previously mentioned distaste of RVS, and it allows us a small glimpse into what Tomasque find suspicious about players - asking questions like that, apparently - which is beneficial to town because we can act on it later. Equally so, they mentioned a player (me) that I now expect them to put pressure on as a result of it, so I was hoping it to also encourage some degree of scum-hunting.
How exactly would the town be able to act on that info later?  Give me an example of a situation where that information is useful.
Well if Tomasque mentions a particular suspicion, and doesn't act on it when someone does it, we know to be a little suspicious, and press them on it.

As I said, they mentioned a player they were suspicious of, and I expect them to be questioned, which is what is happening. Making people be more active is useful to the town.
Hmm, alright, fair enough.  Though, Tomasque's potential actions and suspicions as a cop seems like information that could benefit scum more than town.  The scum would be hunting for power roles, and Tomasque's answer could help them narrow down their search.

Yes  I'm the Rolecop and I've been hinting at it in some of my posts hoping townies would figure it out
And why im roleclaiming? It's blindingly obvious I'm the rolecop who tried to trick scum into saying they were rolecop becuase i know their lying becuase it's my role and I was hoping the scum were newbish enough to fall for it and now i see how stupid that plan was.
Uh...what?  Only the scum get a Rolecop.  Are you claiming to be a townie cop, or the scum's rolecop?
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2015, 08:42:27 pm »

Uh...what?  Only the scum get a Rolecop.  Are you claiming to be a townie cop, or the scum's rolecop?
I was going to call him out on that!  >:(
 Why did you have to ninja me?
Money!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2015, 08:44:48 pm »

Missed that, somehow...

I still don't know what to say about it, other than I find it difficult to believe you. Megggas said so, mainly you got the name of the role wrong.

I don't know about Tomasque right now though, they didn't seem very serious about it. ATH does, but they both said the name of the scum RoleCop so I'm not sure what to think about it.

ATH and Tomasque, why are you claiming RoleCop?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 45