Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 45

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards Game over Town Victory  (Read 54787 times)

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVII: The Extra Guards (9/9)
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2015, 06:55:53 pm »

Megggas, why the fuck do you need so many g's in your name? Also, you are the Mafia Role Cop, who do you investigate and why?

1.  It's a long story.
2.  If I was the mafia role cop, I would probably investigate whichever player dropped the most doctor/cop tells.  If I had to pick a player right at this moment to investigate, I would probably just pick someone randomly.

Roo:  I know you've played several games of mafia.  Do you think you've improved since your first game?  If you had to rank yourself in skill level from 1 to 10, what ranking would you give yourself?

hector13:  Why did you ask Tomasque what he would do if he was cop?  How is that information beneficial to the town?

4maskedwolf:  In your experience, what are the most common scum tells dropped by newbie scum?

Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2015, 06:57:38 pm »

Spoilers for Wall of Text!

Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tomasque (click to show/hide)
PREPARE FOR WALL OF TEXT LADY'S AND GENTLEMEN
 1scum tells for me are when my gut tells me something is wrong constantly trying to defend the sameperson at everyturn not willing to die for the town excessive lurking tryimg to make everyone bandwagon

2 i do not look at your previous games i only remember things about your games i think looking at your past games is to unfair
Yes i have but if they chamge tgeir normal personality to much their gonna appear scummy to me
I'm preety sure I've read games which njw was in
No i don't know a lot about tge game playing wise I'm saying I'm good at finding trends and i understand some people who have played games on here scumtells better
This knowledge can be applied by saying your giving off scumtells you gave out from a previous game in which you were scum you are now highly suspicious

Why im interested i want to catch if two people try and say their a town power role and lynch them for their slip up
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2015, 07:05:27 pm »

hector13:  Why did you ask Tomasque what he would do if he was cop?  How is that information beneficial to the town?

Previously mentioned distaste of RVS, and it allows us a small glimpse into what Tomasque find suspicious about players - asking questions like that, apparently - which is beneficial to town because we can act on it later. Equally so, they mentioned a player (me) that I now expect them to put pressure on as a result of it, so I was hoping it to also encourage some degree of scum-hunting.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2015, 07:11:33 pm »

AbstractTraitorHero: Please put commas, periods, and capitals in there. It hurts my head just to look at it.

hector13: Frankly, I have no clue what your agenda is. Also, I looked up RQS (because I didn't  know the definition) and that is what you're doing right now. Did you perhaps mean something else?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2015, 07:14:54 pm »

AbstractTraitorHero: Please put commas, periods, and capitals in there. It hurts my head just to look at it.

hector13: Frankly, I have no clue what your agenda is. Also, I looked up RQS (because I didn't  know the definition) and that is what you're doing right now. Did you perhaps mean something else?
I'm sorry sir or Madame but may you provide responce to the post i gave

Spoiler: Tomasque (click to show/hide)
PREPARE FOR WALL OF TEXT LADY'S AND GENTLEMEN
 1scum tells for me are when my gut tells me something is wrong constantly trying to defend the sameperson at everyturn not willing to die for the town excessive lurking tryimg to make everyone bandwagon

2 i do not look at your previous games i only remember things about your games i think looking at your past games is to unfair
Yes i have but if they chamge tgeir normal personality to much their gonna appear scummy to me
I'm preety sure I've read games which njw was in
No i don't know a lot about tge game playing wise I'm saying I'm good at finding trends and i understand some people who have played games on here scumtells better
This knowledge can be applied by saying your giving off scumtells you gave out from a previous game in which you were scum you are now highly suspicious

Why im interested i want to catch if two people try and say their a town power role and lynch them for their slip up

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2015, 07:25:34 pm »

If you posed a question - subtly or not - I missed have missed it. What exactly is it you want me to respond to?
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2015, 07:28:07 pm »

Also, because I'm silly:

Would you mind explaining what "not willing to die for town" means?

These two things, to me, seem mutually exclusive. If you think that looking at past games is too unfair, why apply what you learn from them to scum tells?

What do you think NJWs scum tells are?

How would you go about deciding which one to lynch in this instance?

+1

Apologies, I usually try to explain things like abbreviations I use in beginner mafias... but no, I did mean RQS.

I can do it, because asking questions is useful in mafia, it's just asking the right questions when you have no information is my issue. It's not something I'm comfortable with, because I don't really know what to ask to generate content, though maybe I'm doing better this time round with ATH.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2015, 07:36:09 pm »

Also, because I'm silly:

Would you mind explaining what "not willing to die for town" means?

These two things, to me, seem mutually exclusive. If you think that looking at past games is too unfair, why apply what you learn from them to scum tells?

What do you think NJWs scum tells are?

How would you go about deciding which one to lynch in this instance?

+1

Apologies, I usually try to explain things like abbreviations I use in beginner mafias... but no, I did mean RQS.

I can do it, because asking questions is useful in mafia, it's just asking the right questions when you have no information is my issue. It's not something I'm comfortable with, because I don't really know what to ask to generate content, though maybe I'm doing better this time round with ATH.
1 a scum wants to stay alive at all costs since a townie can still win if they die they shoudent fight quite as hard

2 What i meant by that was directly looking at their games instead of just recalling them from memory i think it makes the game slightly fairer and funner this way
Njw scum tells? If i recall he she gets nervous and desperatly tries to get people yo defend them but i could be thinking of a different person.

3 i lynch both simple cause their both lying and trying to sacrifice the other mafia member or alternatively if i truly think one is innocent i lynch the other one

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2015, 07:43:48 pm »

hector:What do you meanby asking the "right" questions with "no information?" Why and how does it make you uncomfortable? How exactly is ATH making it easier for you to generate content?

ATH: How do you determine which is the more innocent one?

Everyone: How much longer do we want to let the lurkers take advantage of the info we are giving away? Do you believe this is happenings?

((So many questions... I'm on a roll!))
Money!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2015, 07:46:35 pm »

hector:What do you meanby asking the "right" questions with "no information?" Why and how does it make you uncomfortable? How exactly is ATH making it easier for you to generate content?

ATH: How do you determine which is the more innocent one?

Everyone: How much longer do we want to let the lurkers take advantage of the info we are giving away? Do you believe this is happenings?

((So many questions... I'm on a roll!))
their both almost certainly guilty the innocent part is highly unlikely so I'll figure it out myself mull it over during the night or something like that

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2015, 07:48:05 pm »

+1

Also, AbstractTraitorHero, some players have their gender specified in their profile.  For example, Tomasque is male, so you don't have to refer to him as "sir or Madame".  Just sayin'.

Previously mentioned distaste of RVS, and it allows us a small glimpse into what Tomasque find suspicious about players - asking questions like that, apparently - which is beneficial to town because we can act on it later. Equally so, they mentioned a player (me) that I now expect them to put pressure on as a result of it, so I was hoping it to also encourage some degree of scum-hunting.
How exactly would the town be able to act on that info later?  Give me an example of a situation where that information is useful.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2015, 07:51:02 pm »

It's been about 2 hours since the game started.  I don't quite think anybody qualifies as a lurker just yet.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2015, 07:52:51 pm »

You wanna lnow what!? What are your roles i want to try something

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2015, 07:53:23 pm »

"know"

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2015, 08:04:30 pm »

I claim Rolecop! Anyone going to CC me?  :D

...seriously, what are trying here?
Money!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 45