Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you want the current Chapter to be rewinded back to Turn 1?

Yes.
No.
I'm not a player but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 104

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 5 (FEF5), OOC thread! Closing.  (Read 68934 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meh. Sorry

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Why you peeps arguin' again I:

* Haspen touches both, pls be chill and jill together ;v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

Welp, I'm definitely doing something wrong. I'm using GIMP, setting the background to be white and then putting it in the Alpha channel, but on upload it winds up looking like this:

Presumably it's not saving the edit properly or something?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, you don't want the background to be white, you want it to be transparent which are two different things but holy cow what have you done I have no idea. Also, are those red and yellows from an actual fire emblem sprite cause they look... bright. Hasp mentioned that earlier but I was at work so didn't really look at the sprite >_>

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, gonna do this public as well as over PM, I'm sorry to Gig. I misread the tone in his post and so took offense to something I shouldn't have. That was my fault and so yeah, sorry.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Also, gonna do this public as well as over PM, I'm sorry to Gig. I misread the tone in his post and so took offense to something I shouldn't have. That was my fault and so yeah, sorry.

No worries.

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Welp, I'm definitely doing something wrong. I'm using GIMP, setting the background to be white and then putting it in the Alpha channel, but on upload it winds up looking like this:

Presumably it's not saving the edit properly or something?
Double post fun, but Deus:

Save image, upload to whatever image host you like, profit forever.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

Well, you don't want the background to be white, you want it to be transparent which are two different things but holy cow what have you done I have no idea. Also, are those red and yellows from an actual fire emblem sprite cause they look... bright. Hasp mentioned that earlier but I was at work so didn't really look at the sprite >_>
They were kind of intended to be bright due to worshipping a sun god, but I can dull them a bit if it's a pain or anything.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, it's more just... So if you use fire emblem shading but don't use fire emblem colors, it can be really jarring and mess with shading. So until you get used to shading and stuff, it's usually better to stick with the premade color palettes of Fire Emblem but it's not terribad so meh. :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

As someone who uses his own palette for all his mugs, I think it looks fine. :V The original FE palettes just look kind of dull and faded to me; I prefer a vibrant, comic-bookish style. :P
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 08:01:35 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's not that the colors are bad, it's them working with the outline that is eh. You use brighter colors but you also use a darker outline which lets it work better.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

This is true. An outline with the RGB values all set to 5 or 10 is best.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Deidei

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Lurker
    • View Profile

Kansa, you're trying to move to a place that is already occupied. Unless Sen doesn't mind having Alice ride on his back, that is.  :P
This also means Cyrus can't move to the place he chose.
Also, the title of the OOC still says 1 extra player required.
Deidei's the name, complaining my game

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

[holds up tome like a gun] take that back
Black lives matter.

Deidei

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Lurker
    • View Profile

Take what back?