Poll

I dont know how to delete polls

still true
- 1 (100%)
not true
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: 4 Nations  (Read 15908 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: 4 Nations (1 player needed)
« Reply #180 on: October 15, 2015, 09:01:10 pm »

As the diplomat of Tropico, I shall look into getting dirty capitalist corporate Tropico involved in purchasing a survey within the Majestic Ocean.
I'd be open to any offers given to me by Tropican corporations. Offers such as having the majority of the oil go straight into a Corporation instead of the government.

What a rare opportunity for the corporations! Complete and unbridled access to survey the Magnificent Ocean! Protected by the Tropican government!
----
I'd also like to extend an offer to the nation of Equestria. If you're willing to fund Tropican oil surveys until an oil deposit is found, we'll be willing to look into a mutual "cancelation" of the Anrayan-Tropican Oil Wholesale contract, or at least a way around it.
Meaning trade of oil between Anrayan and Equestria will be much more beneficial for both sides if Equestria funds a successful Tropican oil survey.
This offer is also open for Anraya too, considering that they'd benefit as well.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 09:08:11 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 15, 2015, 09:07:08 pm »

The Equestrian Government shall generously accept Tropico's offer, and will fund half of the survey costs. Paying $5 to help Tropico find their own oil as well.

[Ready!]
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 15, 2015, 09:38:59 pm »

Be sure to quote the exact passage you are agreeing to(or make it bold if more is needed for context) to make an agreement, official and apply to the next cycle.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 15, 2015, 09:40:06 pm »

Well, we only have one dollar.  :P

I'd suggest selling a small portion of our oil to Equestria for the rest of the money. 

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 15, 2015, 09:53:57 pm »

The newly appointed warrior-leader ShadowHammer of Djibouti has listened to the voice of the people, and this voice declares that we will not be kept from our oil with force or with economy! They undertake Operation Aggressor, wherein they seize the Tropican's oil reserves. All platoons march to intimidate the Tropicans and hopefully force a retreat of their forces to create minimum casualties on both sides. To victory!
While Operation Aggressor is occurring, Djibouti will also begin the Eye for an Eyepatch Initiative, a below-the-table deal with the pirates to prevent the Anrayans from exporting their oil, unless they agree to pay a 25% tariff to Djibouti on all oil exports.

((Sorry to the Tropicans and Anrayans! I really wanted to warmonger, and you were the most logical targets. No offense, friends!))

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 15, 2015, 09:55:41 pm »

Offense taken.
Tropican is calling on all other nations for aid! We are willing to give a sizable amount of oil away to all people who help!

Equestria! With our combined forces, we can beat back the aggressors and you can have the majority, if not all, of the spoils of war! (If there are any. This is in addition to oil given by Tropico to people aiding us.)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 09:58:08 pm by Chiefwaffles »
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 15, 2015, 10:13:37 pm »

Tropico & Equestria: In order to prevent piracy on Anrayan convoys, we are refraining from sending out any oil exports overseas. This unfortunately means that we cannot sell any of it to Tropico; if this means we can't sell any oil to anyone, this is an unfortunate consequence of Djibouti's aggression. Anraya is, however, interested in the deal Tropico offered, and are willing to participate in their deal with the Equestrians; if your two countries can come to an agreement regarding the contract's cancellation, Anraya will export a minimum of 50% of its oil at standard rates (liable to change based on market price, but immune to artificial price raises by Anraya for political strong-arming) to Equestria for the remainder of the contract's duration. Of course, it is more likely that Anraya will simply export all of its oil to Equestria through the border (if the contract is absolved by Tropico), in order to avoid piracy.

BTW, I'm Ready for the next turn (my actions are the bold chunk in the post following the turn; note that the subsidies are to be primarily funded by the tax on non-cooperating industries, though any extra funds needed for the green energy push is to be provided for by the government, up to $10 this cycle).
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 15, 2015, 10:17:55 pm »

I'm ready too; bring it on, boyos! :D

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 4 Nations
« Reply #188 on: October 15, 2015, 10:23:03 pm »

BTW, I'm Ready for the next turn (my actions are the bold chunk in the post following the turn; note that the subsidies are to be primarily funded by the tax on non-cooperating industries, though any extra funds needed for the green energy push is to be provided for by the government, up to $10 this cycle).

As funding research is a new addition to gameplay, based on a suggestion, it will only be applied beginning next turn at the earliest.

So I can make a note of these funding goals and apply them, automatically next time. I will give a reminder/warning too.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: 4 Nations (1 {diplomat} player needed)
« Reply #189 on: October 15, 2015, 10:36:38 pm »

What diplomacy whonow?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 15, 2015, 10:42:07 pm »

What diplomacy whonow?
If you'd like, you can become Diplomat of Djibouti. Try it out. If you don't like it, quit, no problem.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 15, 2015, 11:50:33 pm »

oh. Oh. OH Hell No.
Equestria have taken offense. Tropico may be an international dick, but they're OUR international dick. on OUR continent.
While Equestria is Drafting up a contract with Tropico for Anraya, the Equestrian Government will urges the Imperial Guards to mobilize in order to protect the sovereignty of the Continent. The citizens of Equestria will not bear the shame of sitting idle when warships are crossing our waters!

Hopefully the show of force will deterrent Djibouti from actually doing anything rash, such as starting a world war.

The news from Anrayan are met with mixed feelings from the Equestrian government, some shows understandings of their choice, some grumble, but nobody could really blame them when the threat of piracy raiding their convoys are looming over the seas. This increases the national resentment towards Djibouti, which some Equestrian Media are blaming for the potential national crisis of not having any fuel at all in a very foreseeable future.

[and ready again.]
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 16, 2015, 12:03:59 am »

Tropico may be an international dick, but they're OUR international dick. on OUR continent.

(( Wait wait wait, I thought Anraya was on a continent with Equestria and Tropico was on a continent with Djibouti. Who's where, exactly? ))
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 16, 2015, 12:29:19 am »

Soo while we wait for our generals, let's talk the Tropican Oil Expeditionary Fund! (Name pending)

Essentially, the deal is that once we get a successful survey funded entirely via foreign means, we'll drop the Oil Wholesale contract.
Tropico doesn't really have any money thanks to my embezzlement. We have $1 to be exact.
So we can't actually contribute to surveys ourselves, and they need to be funded entirely by other nations. Any combination of funds from any mix of nations will do. Like Equestria and Anraya both cooperating for the survey.

If the funded survey fails and we don't find an oil deposit, then the Tropico-Anraya Oil Wholesale contract stays in place and nothing happens. If it succeeds, Tropico will officially dissolve the contract along with Anraya. We're willing to do any amount of surveys, but I can't say the same for Equestria or Anraya.

So far Equestria has offered $5 and Anraya has expressed interest. As of right now, the deal can't go anywhere unless at least $10 is raised for the Tropican Oil Expeditionary Fund.

EDIT: Guaranteed protection for the discovered oil spot from Equestria and/or Anraya would help a lot as well, as we can't be sure it'll be safe from... hostile aggression.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 12:31:21 am by Chiefwaffles »

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 16, 2015, 01:34:10 am »

Tropico may be an international dick, but they're OUR international dick. on OUR continent.

(( Wait wait wait, I thought Anraya was on a continent with Equestria and Tropico was on a continent with Djibouti. Who's where, exactly? ))

Equestria
Anraya
Djibouti
Tropico
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19