Poll

I dont know how to delete polls

still true
- 1 (100%)
not true
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19

Author Topic: 4 Nations  (Read 15918 times)

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
Re: 4 Nations
« Reply #150 on: October 12, 2015, 04:27:37 am »

Responding Officials:

✓ vkiNm
✓ Yourmaster

✓ DontBanTheMan
✓ Sheb

✘ tntey
✓ ShadowHammer

✓ Chiefwaffles
✓ alamoes

Cycle 5

A disaster is terrible for your people, but something like this is a blessing for your political career, when handled well as you've done. However things won't be so easy going forward. There is no decisions involved in getting ready for a storm, and all you had to do was follow proceedures already established, you just had to show up.

Going forward you will need to do more than that. You are less likely to be thanked, and may become hated for doing the right thing. But you are not alone. For better or for worse. There are

4 NATIONS

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 12, 2015, 05:09:32 am »

I propose an immediate meeting of the League of Nation to find the culprit for this storm and punish it. I have evidence from my meteorogical intelligence service that Tropica is behind it!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 12, 2015, 06:46:43 am »

Well, it's a good thing I'm the diplomat of Tropico, not Tropica!
I'd hate to be the leader of Tropica right now, but they sure do sound horrible.

Also I'd like to formally address everyone right now:
Do the right thing.
Vote for the Magnificent Sea.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 12, 2015, 06:57:06 am »

Well, can you promise a end to hurricane if we vote for the magnificient sea?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 12, 2015, 07:03:22 am »

I can assure an end to all bad weather around the globe forever* for a couple measly votes for the Magnificent Sea.
*actually not true
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 12, 2015, 07:08:26 am »

If Tropico is willing to sign a treaty guaranteeing that they will take responsability and offer help and repayment for any bad weather even in Aryana resulting from the naming, we shall make it official Aryan policy to support the Magnificient Sea.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 12, 2015, 09:51:11 am »

If Tropico agrees to repay all damages, as well as extra money for harassment, Equestria will accept the apology. If not, the diplomat and I will take about the future of the continent.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 12, 2015, 10:50:02 am »

If Tropico is willing to sign a treaty guaranteeing that they will take responsability and offer help and repayment for any bad weather even in Aryana resulting from the naming, we shall make it official Aryan policy to support the Magnificient Sea.
Shhhh, no words now. -Drags Sheb off the World Stage-

Anraya makes an official declaration that it is a true blessing the storm passed without significant casualties. A catastrophe such as this is a warning that in the future, the Four Nations should be acting together.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 12, 2015, 12:05:39 pm »

Clearly it was the blessing of the Goddess Empress that the storm passed away so nicely and everything went as we've planned and prepared.

And while the rest of the world is claiming that Tropico is behind such a disaster, I am skeptical of their accused sorcery.

Until concrete proof is provided, I will act upon the sacred virtue of Kindness and overlook such accusations. And Equestria will not be taking hostile act upon the accused until proven guilty.

The Empress Protects.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 12, 2015, 12:37:19 pm »

ShadowHammer, General of Djibouti, addresses the people, congratulating them on their courage in the face of the storm and making sure to emphasize how his quick action prevented it from being worse (but in a seemingly humble way). "My people! Were it not for your courage and determination, then my own quick actions would have been for naught! Truly, your fortitude carried my emergency plans to their fullest lengths to protect the citizens of this glorious nation!"

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 12, 2015, 04:45:38 pm »

Tropico Military Report:

A state of emergency was called to warn people of the storm on the coast.  Beaches were closed, and most people were evacuated. 

Total deaths: 3

Total wounded: 17

All in all a successful event. 

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 12, 2015, 09:55:35 pm »

Thanks for bearing with me guys. If you want to get a sneak peak at whats to come, which isn't neccessary, but if you want on the GM Notes sheet I am jotting down some maths.

Official beginning will come when the soup is finished. I can warn you now this will likely be a 2 weekish commitment so heads up.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 14, 2015, 01:56:36 pm »

Cycle 5 instructions incoming. (within the day) Hint: Black stuff

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 15, 2015, 06:40:09 am »

To start you off, your first world crisis will be oil. This will definitely be the first problem you notice heading into office, as without oil, people cant work and pay taxes, you cant use most of your military, to begin.

Crisis #1: Oil Shortage

Djibouti is the largest seller of oil in the world, until it dried up. They have enough on reserve to last themselves 3 cycles, if they stop selling it.
Auraya's oil is still flowing, but not at a rate to supply all nations. They do not have much on reserve either. They have a contract with Tropico, that they must sell lowest to them, half or less than any other buyer, for the next 5 cycles.
Tropico has a large reserve of oil even though they produce none, thanks to the Auraya oil contract.
Equestria has a reserve to last only 1 cycle, having been buying only as needed with no contracts.

Advisors:
Spoiler: look for more oil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: capture it (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Appeal (click to show/hide)

Budgets
NationOil DemandOil ExtractedOil ReserveIncomeSavingsMilitary
Equestria44 shipments+0 shipments50 shipments+$14$815 platoons
Djibouti18 shipments+0 shipments60 shipments+$9$365 platoons
Anraya4 shipments+15 shipments10 shipments+$3$251 platoons
Tropico4 shipments+0 shipments60 shipments+$4$11 platoons

Existing Contracts
Auraya-Tropico: Oil Wholesale: For 5 cycles, this being the first of the five, Auraya must charge any other nation atleast 2 times what they ask Tropico to pay for oil shipments.

Corporate Deal Offers
Spoiler: King of the Hill (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Green Machine (click to show/hide)

Military Operations:
Auraya has 1 platoon defending its' oil resource. All other nation's troops are at home and on standby.

Declare an action in the thread, such as an offer or accepting one. You can only cancel an unaccepted offer, quote an offer you accept. Military actions can be sent via PM to the host, though if made publicly, will resolve first.

Possessions can pass multiple hands within the same cycle.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 15, 2015, 11:11:24 am »

Anraya wishes to review the contract in place with Tropico; what were the initial conditions regarding its signing?

Accept the offer of the Green Machine. Anraya currently has an oil demand of four - we can lower this to nothing! As well as using the Green Machine's offer to raise taxes for those who continue using oil, offer corporate subsidies for those who switch to "clean" energy sources. This should appease the Industrial Sector.

In order to appease oil producers, eliminate all trade barriers on oil: they are free to export as much oil as they want free of government intervention (still paying for the rights to extract oil and paying taxes, of course; simply remove any trade barriers that may be in place). Anraya makes up only a small portion of the market; there is far more money to be made by exportation than domestic sale.

I want to be informed of any domestic complaints and problems so that I may fix them as quickly as possible.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19