Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Knock knock!  (Read 31932 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Knock knock! Welcome to Undertown!
« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2015, 11:30:48 am »

Sets the kitten down upon seeing the dog, pets it, and instead knocks on the door before they can knock themselves.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nunzillor

« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2015, 11:33:10 am »

"Broken?  Are you a synthetic in need of repair?  Wonderful!  I know a guy that can help."

Activate that drive core, position the craft between the travel gates, and blast off!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 11:43:35 am by Nunzillor »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 06, 2015, 05:52:24 am »

Get the pistol, and shoot him in the genitals.
"I'm sorry, but you WILL NOT hurt that child!"

You flip on your back and move to aim his balls, but oh no! He reacts faster! Bang! Bullet goes through your wrist, splattering blood on your eyes and everywhere. You are in shock and pain doesn't register yet. Why is your wrist hanging so oddly? Why is the guy still standing? Why is your arm squirting blood so fast?

This is not how it was supposed to happen. He's the one who is supposed to be on ground, holding his balls... He says something but your brain ignores it.

"....Oh dear...Quickly come inside and Ill call the police!"

Let the child in, lock the door, and then go to call the police.

The child gladly runs in.

Police is busy, they tell you to call child welfare authority.

"I want to disguise myself and nope out of here. Also because this jacket is awesome. Where are any other exits?"

"Ah, that makes sense. Jacket is yours. Other exit is on the other side."

The merchant shouts something at language you don't know and couple of cloaked and masked kids come and start packing his merchandice. Those have to be masks because no child would have such big and long green noses.

Lisa pokes you as you put on the leather jacket. "Let's go to Old Town. There's plenty of hiding places and people there know how to keep their mouth shut."

Sets the kitten down upon seeing the dog, pets it, and instead knocks on the door before they can knock themselves.

What? You knock the door from inside before they can knock it from outside? That's... interesting idea.

The big dog sniffs the ground and follows smell of the kid to your door, at which point you knock it. The cloaked figure behind it doesn't seem suprised or confused at all. Instead he reveals his big, muscular and plated arm and punches the door really hard. His fist goes straight through the flimsy wood sending splinters everywhere.

"Broken?  Are you a synthetic in need of repair?  Wonderful!  I know a guy that can help."

Activate that drive core, position the craft between the travel gates, and blast off!

"No, I'm not syth... synme... whatever that word was. I split in multiple pieces so I would have better chances escaping them. As long as I'm not whole they cannot have the knowledge they want as none of my pieces can remember it. A little magic only I can do."

As soon as you active the core and start repositioning your craft, the guys chasing her detect your position and transpose(run) themselves closer. Ah, but they are not fast enough! Your spacecraft lurches itself into subluminal speeds (speed limit) within travel lane (road) and leaves the unsavory types behind coughing in shame and radiant exhaust fumes! Hah!

"Wow!" Lisa giggles as G-forces push her against her seat. "I have never been in these things before! This is cool!"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 06, 2015, 05:59:03 am »

Try to calm my breathing, and stay alive.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 06, 2015, 06:01:55 am »

"Let's go then."

Follow Lisa. Check the jacket's pockets.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 06, 2015, 08:50:26 am »

Yes, remember the yoga classes. Breathing is the key. Breathing. Properly. Calmly. Ah, that wrist really hurts. Actually, it hurts like hell! Oh god, breathe! Breathe! Ignore the pain! Wait, no, don't ignore the pain, you will bleed dry if you don't stop it!

Oh he is pointing the revolver at you again. "Sorry, ma'am." he says. Pulls the trigger. Gunpowder flashes. The bullet comes. You slightly regret opening the front door. You regret of not getting vacation and going with your husband and children. You don't regret birth of your half child. Nor the two before him. Marrying your man was best choice in your life. Dating him, falling in love with him. Graduating from school. Class trip to the new big amusement park. Your seventh birthday where you got that awesome, snuggly plushie, Mr. Big.

Your life flashes before your eyes as the bullet carves its way through your brain and paints floor with new color. That's gonna leave a stain. Damn it!

You're dead. Very dead.

"Let's go then."

Follow Lisa. Check the jacket's pockets.

Unsuprisingly pockets are empty. Lisa leads you through the marketplace to other side and down into tunnel with much more traffic. Humans and non-humans.

"I'll say it now while I still can. Thanks for your help. I don't know what would have happened to me if I had not found you."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 06, 2015, 08:51:59 am »

Yes, remember the yoga classes. Breathing is the key. Breathing. Properly. Calmly. Ah, that wrist really hurts. Actually, it hurts like hell! Oh god, breathe! Breathe! Ignore the pain! Wait, no, don't ignore the pain, you will bleed dry if you don't stop it!

Oh he is pointing the revolver at you again. "Sorry, ma'am." he says. Pulls the trigger. Gunpowder flashes. The bullet comes. You slightly regret opening the front door. You regret of not getting vacation and going with your husband and children. You don't regret bith of your half child. Nor the two before him. Marrying your man was best choice in your life. Dating him, falling in love with him. Graduating from school. Class trip to the new big amusement park. Your seventh birthday where you got that awesome, snuggly plushie, Mr. Big.

Your life flashes before your eyes as the bullet carves its way through your brain and paints floor with new color. That's gonna leave a stain. Damn it!

You're dead. Very dead.
Aww. Well, at least I got a long death post.
Spawn as a little girl, at home.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 06, 2015, 09:16:48 am »

"Don't mention it. Remember, when we met you told me you escaped 'fragmented'. What's that mean?"
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 06, 2015, 09:33:59 am »

Go talk with the child.

"I cant seem to get in contact with the police right now for some reason...So whats your name? My names Samuel."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 06, 2015, 10:12:38 am »

start running for my life, grabbing my glock and dragging the kid out the back door with me as I do.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nunzillor

« Reply #115 on: October 06, 2015, 12:38:57 pm »

"Haha, I'm glad you like it!  But in the words of the immortal Tesla, 'you ain't seen nothing yet!'"

Deactivate the fusion limiters and crank the thrust (activate nitrous and floor it) to get out of this area as soon as possible.

"We'll probably have to ditch this spacecraft soon, sadly.  Do you know how these hunters are tracking you?"
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 02:19:23 pm by Nunzillor »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 06, 2015, 03:31:53 pm »

Oh he is pointing the revolver at you again. "Sorry, ma'am." he says. Pulls the trigger. Gunpowder flashes. The bullet comes. You slightly regret opening the front door. You regret of not getting vacation and going with your husband and children. You don't regret bith of your half child. Nor the two before him. Marrying your man was best choice in your life. Dating him, falling in love with him. Graduating from school. Class trip to the new big amusement park. Your seventh birthday where you got that awesome, snuggly plushie, Mr. Big.

You're dead. Very dead.
Aww. Well, at least I got a long death post.
Spawn as a little girl, at home.

That's because you were the first to die who didn't turn Lisa away. I could have made it longer, but I got thought relevant details too long afterwards.

So you are alone at home. Daddy and Mommy went to grownups party somewhere. Someone knocks the front door urgently.

"Don't mention it. Remember, when we met you told me you escaped 'fragmented'. What's that mean?"

"It's a little magic trick I can do. I split into multiple mes, but it fragments set of memories I choose between each of me. It also makes me much easier to remember for upperlings, which is why we went looking for help up there. That's why they have to catch all mes to get what they want. I can't remember the thing without being whole."

You come in intersection in the tunnel. The branch doesn't look like natural part of this service tunnel but more like hand carved stairway down. Almost all people go down that way (and come up from there), but Lisa keeps running straight forward.

Go talk with the child.

"I cant seem to get in contact with the police right now for some reason...So whats your name? My names Samuel."

She is sitting on couch, holding her knees up her jaw.

"Name is Lisa. Do you have a weapon? Or one of those... what they were called? Auto-something?"

start running for my life, grabbing my glock and dragging the kid out the back door with me as I do.

Awesome idea. Because these guys are not playing around. You turn, you run to the drawer where you keep your gun and hear the unique sound of door and doorframe being pulled out of the wall. The glock feels suddenly very small in your hand.

You run towards the backdoor pulling the kid along, although s/he doesn't need any assistance in running away from what looks less a dog and more like a giant dire wolf storming through your house. Cleaning up that mess will be a bitch job... Alas, it turns your drunken legs are not fast enough to get away from rage incarnate. It slams you down on floor and pins the kid against wall.

"Haha, I'm glad you like it!  But in the words of the immortal Tesla, 'you ain't seen nothing yet!'"

Deactivate the fusion limiters and crank the thrust (activate nitrous and floor it) to get out of this area as soon as possible.

"We'll probably have to ditch this spacecraft soon, sadly.  Do you know how these hunters are tracking you?"

Oh how you wish this thing had better inertia dampener installed. G-forces beyond human endurance slams you flat against your seat and your spaceship almost goes out of control, but you manage to salvage it on crossing travel lane. Going at superluminal speeds is always fun experience. Lisa screams and giggles at same time, unable to decide if she should fear for her life or enjoy the ride.

"They are hunters!" She shouts. "Very good at hunting! They might have a magician or a seer!"
Old sigs.
Games.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 06, 2015, 03:38:49 pm »

"Where did the other, uh, pieces of you go?"

Keep on following her.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Nunzillor

« Reply #118 on: October 06, 2015, 04:09:26 pm »

Turn down the thrust a little bit, cross the nearby interstellar government boundary (state line) and look for a star (lake) with few people nearby.

"Enemy magicians?  It is lucky that you have found me, an eminent science magician!  But perhaps there is someone else that can assist, someone that is almost as great of a scientist as myself."

Call Dustan Hache's character over the ship's outbound communicator (Bluetooth).
((Where is this set?))
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 02:44:52 am by Nunzillor »

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 06, 2015, 04:17:19 pm »

Grab my gun, tell the kid to be quiet and hide, and place the audio recording device on the right side of the room.  Set it to begin replaying the child's testimony after 30 seconds.  Then sneak over to the left side of the room.  Stealthily unlock my front door as I pass by it.  Stay behind cover on the left side of the room.  Once the device starts playing and the cronies bust in, observe them carefully from my position.  Shoot at the intruder(s) after they discover my little trick.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 04:19:31 pm by Megggas »
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14