Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Knock knock!  (Read 31929 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Knock knock! Welcome to Undertown!
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2015, 10:55:05 am »

"I don't think I have anything either."

What is in my inventory?

"You can always trade in promises, information or services. Although those are better be sincere. We could trade information about those ...Hunt guys chasing me. Because they are not for small game. It might backfire though, some people might want piece of what Hunt wants as well."

You have a shotgun of unspecified type and padlock with key. Rest of your physical being and inventory is in unobserved quantum state.

Ask who's knocking, and also ask the child.

"Detective. Please open. I believe you have a thief in your house." says voice behind the door. His speaks in this funny old style you remember from old films.

"He's lying! I'm no thief!" the kid whispers. You see the unspoken plead in his/her eyes.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2015, 11:10:20 am »

"How's that gonna work? Can I seriously pay with information?"

See what the nearest clothing "shop" has in stock.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2015, 03:17:48 pm »

Let the kid into the house.  Ask her if she needs me to call her parents.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2015, 06:59:41 pm »

Get a weapon, and tell them to leave.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Nunzillor

« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2015, 07:07:10 pm »

"I'm glad you asked."

Activate the lightning gun and douse them in superconducting liquid (turn on the circuit with the exposed electrical wires running over the welcome mat.  Also turn on the sprinklers).

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2015, 03:14:37 am »

"How's that gonna work? Can I seriously pay with information?"

See what the nearest clothing "shop" has in stock.

"Easy. Tell a man you know about something important. Tell him what you know about and see if he wants to know about it too. Just don't blurt it out before hammering the deal down."

Trenchcoats, leather jackets, this funny one from 80's, pilot jacket, this real old shit and few variations, jeans jackets. Then array of differently colored shirts and sweaters. It all seems well used and some are pathced few times.

Guy behind the stall jumps up to you grinning, all ready to do business. "Welcome welcome! Does any of these treasures catch your eyes?"

Let the kid into the house.  Ask her if she needs me to call her parents.

The dirty kid jumps inside eagerly. Can't blame it, it's not exactly warm outside.

The kid shakes his/her head. "Dad was killed. Don't know about mom. Not that they eved had a phone."

Get a weapon, and tell them to leave.

You get a pistol from drawer and tell the man to leave.

"Protecting a criminal? Please open the door and cooperate before you make this any worse for yourself."

"I'm glad you asked."

Activate the lightning gun and douse them in superconducting liquid (turn on the circuit with the exposed electrical wires running over the welcome mat.  Also turn on the sprinklers).

For a moment you entertain yourself imagining seeing how electricity turns his flesh turns transparent letting you see his skeleton. Then the current overloads fuses and the house goes dark. Heavy thump on outside indicates that you got at least one guy.

Neighborhood Watch goes straight past, totally ignoring what's going on.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nunzillor

« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2015, 03:37:26 am »

Re-calibrate the electron transmitter array (flip the breakers) and activate the lightning gun again if someone else tries to enter.  In any case, knock on the basement door.

"It's no good.  Somehow they saw through the invisibility matrix I activated!  And they appear to have portable selective invisibility matrices of their own.  Truly inexplicable!  I think we need to leave."

If the child comes out, start moving toward the back door.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 03:44:10 am by Nunzillor »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2015, 03:57:29 am »

Go to answer the door, and get slammed into a wall by it as it auto-opens too close to me, before letting whoever is on the other side in.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 04:40:15 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2015, 05:27:41 am »

Ask the child if there's any place to hide.
"Is there anywhere to hide? Also, I need to go wake up my husband."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2015, 08:10:38 am »

Re-calibrate the electron transmitter array (flip the breakers) and activate the lightning gun again if someone else tries to enter.  In any case, knock on the basement door.

"It's no good.  Somehow they saw through the invisibility matrix I activated!  And they appear to have portable selective invisibility matrices of their own.  Truly inexplicable!  I think we need to leave."

If the child comes out, start moving toward the back door.

Array recalibrated! System reboots and lightning gun is fully recharged! The super conductive liquid is still present in the lightning gun and array is struck in permanent state of loop! Not good! You break yourself out of the loop.

Kid does climb up. "It is very easy for you people above to ignore us from below."

A window shatters in kitchen.

Go to answer the door, and get slammed into a wall by it as it auto-opens too close to me, before letting whoever is on the other side in.

What kind of door you have here? It gotta be quite powerful to slam adult person against wall on its own. Does it operate on hydraulic pistons or something?

Anyway, slightly bruised you lets a beggar child in. One so dirty that you can't even tell its gender. "Please help me to hide! I'm being chased by bad guys!"

Ask the child if there's any place to hide.
"Is there anywhere to hide? Also, I need to go wake up my husband."

"If I knew I would be hiding there already. Though now that I think about it, Old Town would have lots of hiding places."

Your memory fails you. Your husband is out of town with your two and half kids.

"Ma'am, final warning. Give up the thief or I'm coming in. Violently." The 'Detective' shots from outside, still knocking the door.
Old sigs.
Games.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2015, 08:16:17 am »

Ask the kid where Old Town is, and go there!
"Where's Old Town! I'm sorry, please tell me now! We need to go!"

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2015, 08:29:26 am »

"I like this one..." Pick up a leather jacket. Lean in closer. "Hey, want to hear something important?"

(What is a half kid?)
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Nunzillor

« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2015, 02:54:37 pm »

(You don't want to know...)
"Below?  As in... below the enlightenment brought by the spectacular magic of science?  Yes, that makes sense!  What is your name, anyway?  Mine is Dr. Von Glitzinger, a PHD in physics actually in journalism.  Come, let's use the escape pod."

Prep the escape pod (break the living room window) and jump through.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2015, 03:17:47 pm »

Ask the kid where Old Town is, and go there!
"Where's Old Town! I'm sorry, please tell me now! We need to go!"

"Seventy meters down."

This presents a small problem. Also the self proclaimed detective shoots the lock of your front door broken.

"I like this one..." Pick up a leather jacket. Lean in closer. "Hey, want to hear something important?"

(What is a half kid?)

The man leans closer to you and you try to ignore smell of his breath. "Depends. Will it get me in trouble?"

((Like Nunzillor said, you really don't want to know. But if you must, ask details from wipeout.))

(You don't want to know...)
"Below?  As in... below the enlightenment brought by the spectacular magic of science?  Yes, that makes sense!  What is your name, anyway?  Mine is Dr. Von Glitzinger, a PHD in physics actually in journalism.  Come, let's use the escape pod."

Prep the escape pod (break the living room window) and jump through.

The kid frowns. "Below as in under the city you live in. I'm Lisa."

You use a chair to break the window and wipe few remaining shards off the frame before vaulting through. Lisa follows right behind. "Does science do magic? I thought science removes magic."

The yard on this side of house is empty of potential hostile entities at the moment, so you have time to make your escape. Probably.
Old sigs.
Games.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2015, 03:34:41 pm »

"It will, if you don't hear it. I'll tell you if I can take this jacket. Deal?"

Look very serious, and glance every so often at the tunnel.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 03:36:46 pm by McDonald »
I'm with stupid |
                      v
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14