Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Knock knock!  (Read 31939 times)

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
Re: Knock knock!
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2015, 01:07:03 pm »

"Run where? There's no other... Oh. Okay, stay near me."

Grab another wedge, an open padlock, a molotov cocktail, a piece of paper saying "We're not here, I promise", a banana.
Put the paper on a locked closet, light and throw the cocktail at the main door, get out without forgetting the shotgun, wedge the door, lock it with the padlock, eat the banana and drop the peel on the floor, then, finally, run like hell through the tunnel.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Nunzillor

« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2015, 01:57:59 pm »

Take a look out the window.  Any of these supposedly unfearing hunters out there?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2015, 02:07:49 pm »

"Run where? There's no other... Oh. Okay, stay near me."

Grab another wedge, an open padlock, a molotov cocktail, a piece of paper saying "We're not here, I promise", a banana.
Put the paper on a locked closet, light and throw the cocktail at the main door, get out without forgetting the shotgun, wedge the door, lock it with the padlock, eat the banana and drop the peel on the floor, then, finally, run like hell through the tunnel.

You quickly produce the items and prepare them. Thugs have managed to push the front door of your shelter slightly ajar when you throw the molotov coctail at the cabinet blocking it. Effective, but you might end up burning your house.

"Are ya crazy?!" one thug shouts as flames spread over the door.

Note goes into the closet, wedge under the door, padlock into... well fuck. There's no place for it. You gobble the banana down as fast as you can and prep the slippery mine.

"You are crazy!" Lisa giggles while you run away. "But effective!"

The tunnel from your fallout shelter to metro service tunnel isn't very long, only about 100 meters. The service tunnel itself is empty of traffic at moment. Which direction you will go? Left or right? QUICK!

Take a look out the window.  Any of these supposedly unfearing hunters out there?

There are group of four people on the road. All wearing black leather jackets.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2015, 02:19:31 pm »

To the right! Grab the portable welding kit you left before when you planned to weld the door.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2015, 03:32:56 pm »

To the right! Grab the portable welding kit you left before when you planned to weld the door.

The welder is inside your shelter, behind the wedged door in the burning room about 100 meters away. You wanna run back and breathe smoke?

Didn't think so either.

You both run to right along the tunnel, dodging few lone rats on the way. About three kilometers later the service tunnel opens into a underground mall. Not your standard large open mall above the ground. Stores are carved into bedrock and repurposed for quite various different things. A food stall selling roasted rats and snakes. Another selling wide variety of grandpa clothes from eighties, one selling various weapons from all different time periods. Swords, revolvers, flintlock pistols, glocks, kalashnikovs, spears... On one stall you see drugs on sale, one next to it sells random pieces of electronic boards and circuits. A chaotic mall full of exotic things.

And the people. Now those are really exotic! Almost everybody is armed with something. They are dressed in completely mismatched fashion. Cowboy boots with shorts. Tophat with t-shirt. It's a real culture shock down here. And that one guy certainly isn't human. Tall, very muscular, gray skin, large mouth, crazy juggalos face paint. Your stylish relaxed wear sticks out like lighthouse in night and quite many people are eyeing suspiciously.

"Welcome to Undertown!" Lisa chirps from your side, completely unfazed by this sight.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Knock knock! Welcome to Undertown!
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2015, 03:40:54 pm »

"Woah! What is this place?"
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Nunzillor

« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2015, 04:09:36 pm »

Barricade the door with a knowledge-dispensing neural uplink terminal (a bookcase).  Then, call Neighborhood Watch and tell them there's stranger people outside.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 04:28:46 pm by Nunzillor »

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2015, 05:13:10 pm »

Continue to make idle talk.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2015, 01:52:35 am »

"Woah! What is this place?"

"Undertown. The place where those forgotten by people above live. Where I lived. This one is just a small marketplace though."

Barricade the door with a knowledge-dispensing neural uplink terminal (a bookcase).  Then, call Neighborhood Watch and tell them there's stranger people outside.

Terminal relocated, permission level elevated to "deny unauthorized access".

The Watch acknowledges the situation and promises to check it out. While you wait for them to arrive, you spy how situation outside evolves. Strangers visit doors of every household and kneel before it. One is coming to your door now.

Continue to make idle talk.

Idle talk? One is desperately trying to find a place to hide from bad guys and you want to talk about weather? That is to invite misfortune...
Old sigs.
Games.

Nunzillor

« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2015, 04:00:53 am »

Address the trespasser through the quantum entanglement communicator (yell through the window).

"Amazement!  Awe!  Marvel!  If you have not come here seeking these experiences, I'm sorry to say that you must leave."
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 04:03:46 am by Nunzillor »

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2015, 05:27:03 am »

Comfort her.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2015, 07:09:55 am »

"What do we do now? You know this place?"

Nervously look into the tunnel behind.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2015, 08:04:47 am »

Address the trespasser through the quantum entanglement communicator (yell through the window).

"Amazement!  Awe!  Marvel!  If you have not come here seeking these experiences, I'm sorry to say that you must leave."

He ignores you and kneels in fornt of your front door. He then stands up and rises his hand up. The other three make their way to him.
"How would you provide those experiences?" he asks.

Ah, Neighborhood Watch comes!

Comfort her.

You offer hug for the kid and try to ignore all the dirt on her shirt. She takes it with mild suprise.

Someone knocks your door. Again.

"What do we do now? You know this place?"

Nervously look into the tunnel behind.

"I know of this place, but haven't been here by myself. I don't know what now. We could make you look less out of place. Buy you new shirt, maybe? Find information broker and buy good place to hide in if you have valuables for it. I have nothing."

The tunnel behind is pretty empty. No signs of chase yet.
Old sigs.
Games.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2015, 08:20:48 am »

"I don't think I have anything either."

What is in my inventory?
I'm with stupid |
                      v

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2015, 08:33:47 am »

Ask who's knocking, and also ask the child.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14