Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: You Can't Die 2! (interactive Storytelling game) THE END  (Read 17772 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: You Can't Die 2! (interactive Storytelling game)
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2015, 02:03:59 am »

-1 to fluffles, and confidentially doctor to patient you are stew!
+1 to either eater of worlds name
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2015, 08:15:58 am »

Well it seems fluffles has the most people in favor of it.

You think that it is only proper to name your new companion in the language of the ancient empire. You don't know very much in that language, but you manage to remember the important words. You decide to name your dragon fluffles (pronounced: floo-fless) which you think means eater of the world. Only moments after you decide this, your comrades from the battle come to you congratulating you and asking incessant questions. You tell everyone fluffles' name and ask to have an attendance with the wise man in the citadel. The soldiers parade you and fluffles towards the keep and the senior soldiers guide you to his room. There, you knock and a voice says "come. I saw what happened. We have much to talk about." You enter the room and have fluffles enter too. You close the door and the soldiers disperse. "Come, sit. Your Dragon may eat from this meat platter I've prepared." An old man with a brown beard sets a platter with more meat than any man could eat in a week in front of fluffles. Fluffles begins eating happily. You sit down across from the old man. "What has happened to you is the greatest honor one man can expect to receive. To have a man, even a king, honor you is simple compared to having a dragon bless you with their child. The mother must have sensed courage and indomitability inside you. First of all, I must ask what you named you dragon." "Fluffles." you reply, "eater of earth." "That is a great name. I saw him eating to grass outside the battlefield. Very few fire dragons are omnivores. Now, we must get to serious business. When you fought with the Goblin Master, did he tell you any information that you think is pertinent? And do you have any major questions for me."
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 10:40:20 am by origamiscienceguy »
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2015, 08:45:12 am »

PTW

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2015, 01:28:35 pm »

"Some stuff about a prophesy we can't possibly stop. Dumb goblins."
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2015, 05:02:49 pm »

"Some stuff about a prophesy we can't possibly stop. Dumb goblins."
1UP
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2015, 05:20:06 pm »

You don't remember much of the conversation during the tense fight with the Goblin Master. But you do remember the Goblin mentioning a prophesy. You answer, "Some stuff about a prophesy we can't possibly stop. Dumb goblins." The wise man looks a bit confused for a moment. "That's odd, I would think that the Goblins wouldn't want the prophesy to be fulfilled. Regardless, I think you had better know what the prophesy states as it will probably dictate your actions for a while. Let me find my notes, ah! Her it is." The wise man cleared his throat and read:

"Of the 5 races, one will shake.
And in that moment, the peace shall break.

A rider of one race will take power,
And War will start within that hour.

In order for the strife to finish,
That rider's power must diminish.

one rider of each remaining race will go.
Together, they will confront the foe.

And One final battle between these five,
determines if the world will die or thrive."

The old man put down the scroll and looked back at you. This prophesy was made right after the ancient empire collapsed. It says that one rider from each race, Humans, Dwarves, Elves, Goblins, and Orcs, will confront a rouge rider from one of the race. It appears that the Goblins are the race that has "shaken", so it is logical to assume that one rider from each other race should be brought together. I know of 2 Dwarven Riders and 4 Elven riders. You are the first rider we humans have had since Marsale passed away, but I know not of any Orc riders. If the prophecy is true, there must be an Orc rider, perhaps the Orcs have kept that topic a secret, regardless, we must send word to the other races about the attack on..." Suddenly, you hear the sound of the door opening, and a tired-looking dwarf steps through. Fluffels quickly glances at the newcomer and then returns to his plate of meat, now half empty. The Dwarf turns to the old man and says, "Lord Lorson, the Goblins have besieged Rendrek. King Orlost requests aid." Lorson replies, "Why are you telling this to me? Lord Thirclor is the master of this castle." "He died in the fighting." The dwarf replies. Lorson falls in his chair with a white face. He breathes heavily for a few seconds, then replies. "Then let it be known that I will send a company of 50 men along with our Dovahkiin. I am certain the prophesy is in motion. We must gather all the Riders. and conclude it." "Thank you lord," The Dwarf replies, "I will spread the word about the gathering." The Dwarf leaves the room. Larson turns back to you and says, "Be carefull on the road. Do not let Fluffles be injured. He is not yet strong enough to fight for himself, but he should grow extremely quickly and be grown enough by the time you reach Rendrek. I say it again, be careful. Do you have any final questions for me?"

"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2015, 05:22:09 pm »

Do you know WHAT sort of Fire dragon he is?
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2015, 05:31:42 pm »

"Are there any dangers, on the road or otherwise, that I should be aware of?"
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2015, 06:31:45 pm »

Do you know WHAT sort of Fire dragon he is?
"Are there any dangers, on the road or otherwise, that I should be aware of?"
You inquire about the type of Fire Dragon Fluffles is. Lorson replies, "It is difficult to determine gender at such a young age, but based on the activity, I think Fluffles is a male. As for the specifics on fire dragons, as you probably know, they have a higher than normal body temperature, and can breath varying amounts of fire depending on age. Right now, Fluffles will only be able to produce sparks at the most, but soon he will be able to breath constant streams of flame. Of course, there are other types of Dragons. Ice Dragons have incredibly cold body temperatures and their breath could freeze a man in seconds. The last type of dragon is the Water Dragon. Water Dragons don't have any special breath, but they are one of the fastest swimming animal in this world. I hope that answered your question."
You ask another question, "What dangers on the road should I be aware of?" Lorson answers, "Since you will be going with 50 men, I doubt animals will be a concern, but I am worried about bandits and more Goblin parties. All it would take right now is one arrow and Fluffles would be crippled or die. I am mainly concerned about his health. However, by the time you reach Rendrek, he should be large enough to do some basic fighting. And he should be an excellent flier by then. But make sure he stays safe during the journey." With that said, you beckon Fluffles to follow you, and you leave the castle.
You find the company of 50 men waiting. One of them comes up to you and says, "Company officer Barther at your service. I have talked to my men and they are all willing to lay down their life to protect you and Fluffles. "Thank you Barther, If you are ready, I feel we should set out immediately." "very well! BEGIN MARCH!" Barther shouts, and the company begins to move. Fluffles walks by your side during most of the trip, and he bends down to snap up some grass every once in a while. You now notice that Fluffles has been eating almost non-stop since his birth, but hasn't excreted any waste yet. You are not looking foreword to that moment. After the sun ad reached the horizon, Barther ordered the company to make camp. One of the men sets up a tent for you and Fluffles to sleep in. You make sure that there is a system of watches before you go to sleep. You were afraid of the cold night, but once you lay down, Fluffles curls up next to you. His warmth spreads through your body and gives you the most comfortable sleep you've had in your life. Unfortunately, your sleep is interrupted by the sound of Fluffles snorting and the feeling of his tongue lapping at your cheek. You sit up and wonder why he is up in the middle of the night when you notice a hand slowly come through the flap of your tent. It is an Orc hand. You silently grab a sword and your hunting knife and beckon Fluffles to stay out of sight. The Orc hand has turned into an entire Orc arm, and it is still coming further in.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2015, 06:34:38 pm »

If it comes any where near us STAB THE ****** ******'s hand to the dirt and drag him in
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2015, 07:08:57 pm »

Grab that arm and yank it inside with your sword pointed forward to catch the Orc trying to grab your Precious eater of world.

Then shush whatever it is and whispers 'No more tears, only dreams now.' sweetly.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2015, 07:45:58 pm »

You grab the Orc's arm and yank it inside the tent. You use your hunting knife to stab the hand into the dirt. The Orc is thrown into the tent and into your outstretched sword. The Orc opens his mouth as if to scream, but only blood comes out of his mouth. You lay him on the ground and whisper, "No more tears, only dreams now." The Orc looks calmed by this, and he closes his eyes. The silence is broken by the sound of the sentries yelling "ALERT! WERE UNDER ATTACK!" And you see lights pop up from every direction. You hear Swords being drawn and arrows being fired. You see two Orc swords slash the front off your tent, and two Orcs with Long swords step in.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2015, 07:47:50 pm »

Throw there friend at them while yelling out what sounds like magic words, Because we remember that orcs are afraid of magic
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2015, 08:02:46 pm »

You pick up the dead body of the Orc that you killed. Unfortunately, you forget that Orc's weigh about twice as much as a man does, and you forget that his hand is still impaled in the dirt. However, summoning all your strength, you are able to lift his body up, ripping the knife out of his hand. You use his body to intercept the two downward strokes of the heavy swords and then throw the body on top of them. You say the word "rhabarberbarbarabarbarbarenbartbarbierbierbarbärbel" with as much volume as you can muster. The Orcs, rocovering from having a body thrown on them, look momentarily startled as they remembered the stories they were told as children, but then they must have remembered that magic isn't actually real because they charge you again. You prepare to face them when you hear Fluffles whine. You turn your head and see another hole in the back of your tent and an orc standing right next to fluffles. However, the Orc looks confused, then his face tuns to shock. The two other orcs have recovered enough to start their swords at you again. This time, one is coming straight down, and the other is horizontal heading for your waist.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13