Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Cold Fusion Initiative: M1 - Assault on CFI California! [IC Thread]  (Read 11019 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cold Fusion Initiative: M1 - Assault on CFI California! [IC Thread]
« Reply #150 on: October 06, 2015, 06:47:16 pm »

"Right through the uprights!"

Jake attempts to have the head he just punted through a window have company using Red skull Blocker's head. Activate Counter as well.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 06, 2015, 07:34:01 pm »

Elizabeth took a step forwards onto the square in front of her, with a grin she sent a punch towards the yellow skull blocker
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 08, 2015, 01:12:42 pm »

Move to 13,13 to back up whoever!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 08, 2015, 04:13:49 pm »

Ray attacks the green Blocker!
Black lives matter.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Cold Fusion Initiative: M1 - Assault on CFI California! [IC Thread]
« Reply #154 on: October 09, 2015, 08:21:52 pm »

Anna punches the Skull Blocker again.

[2 - 1] Anna's fist of fury lashes out, catching the Skull Blocker on the chin and sending them flying through the air for a few majestic seconds. Then they crash to the ground in the bloody heap, obviously defeated.

Noticing Nicolasa's belt, he shouts to her "Nicolasa! Use your tazer" as he runs to (10,11) and uses one-inch punch on the red Skull Blocker(09,11)

[2 - 1] Nicolasa is already using her taser to fire at the enemies, and as such she is very confused by Olaf's words. Thankfully his fists prove to be much more straightforward than his words, and this mighty blow launches the soldier through the air to land at the feet of his fellow pilots.

Send the uninjured blocker to suplex city!

[4 - 0] Grace steps forward and shows the unfortunate Skull Blocker the way to suplex city. Namely by grabbing them and lifting them up into the air, up and over her shoulder so that they slam on the ground behind her with a loud crash.

"Right through the uprights!"

Jake attempts to have the head he just punted through a window have company using Red skull Blocker's head. Activate Counter as well.

[2 - 2] Seeing as his target is currently occupied, Jake goes after the opponent next to him instead. His disappointment is obvious though, as his unenthusiastic blows fail to do any damage to the enemy trooper.

Elizabeth took a step forwards onto the square in front of her, with a grin she sent a punch towards the yellow skull blocker

[2 - 0] Elizabeth goes after the only enemy she can, namely the poor, battered, bruised soldier that Olaf launched through the air. She patiently waits for them to stand up, so that she can slug the Blocker in the jaw and send them down once more. This time for good. Elizabeth is a true lady.

Move to 13,13 to back up whoever!

Iris definitely has everyone's backs in this fight. Her co-pilots can feel safe knowing that she's there to protect against anything that might sneak up behind them.

Ray attacks the green Blocker!

[3 - 1] Ray ends the Skull Blocker's reign of terror with a couple of well-timed kicks and knocks them back onto the ground, dead.

Quote from: Nicolasa Herrera
Finish the enemies off.

[2 - 0] Nicolasa squeezes between Olivier and some rubble to get out of the way of the Axeman. Then she turns around and raises her tazer, returning the wounds she suffered twofold.

Quote from: Olivier Villeneuve
This works because of Acrobatics + Sprint + 5 Movement.

[4 - 1] "Hold still, Nicolasa!" Olivier shouts as he jumps off of her shoulders for a boost, sending her sprawling onto the ground in the process. For a few glorious moments he soars through the air, foot extended and dress rippling gently from the breeze. Then he connects with the remaining Skull Blocker, sending their body flying back into some sharp rubble.

And suddenly the room is quiet once more, as the invaders lie dead or dying on the ground. Olivier notices Nicolasa lying on the ground, and hurriedly goes to help her up. "Ah, my apologises. I should have given you more warning."

"It's alright, I just wasn't expecting you... to..." Olivier's eyes follow Nicolasa's pointing finger, out through the window and to the forest beyond the base. The treeline is pierced by two horrible figures, a quadruped and bipedal warrior. From this distance their exact features are too indistinct to make out, but what is distinct is the fact that that they are coming this way to reduce the base to rubble.

"Mechamonsters? Here already? But I thought th- Nicolasa! Go with the pilots and start up the F-2R prototypes! They are our only hope against the Duke Avksentiy's machines! I'll stay behind and assist anyone else in trouble, don't worry about me."

"Right, I understand. Follow me!" The last part is obviously to the assembled pilots, as Nicolasa gestures to the only other people in the room before running out. Seeing as you don't have any other choice, unless you'd prefer to wait around for the Mechamonsters to kill you, you all rush after her. During your race through CFI California you see the destruction that the Skull Brigade has inflicted, with dead bodies and rubble littering the corridor outside of the meeting room. Thankfully the security forces seem to have rallied quickly and the damage seems to be localized. As such the way down to the hangar is very straightforward, and as you all run down the halls fearful eyes glance at you from every doorway and window as the staff of the base hide from the invaders.

The final stretch of your journey is a harrowing dash through the open between the main base and the hangars. Skull Hovervehicles swoop around unopposed, firing at everything that moves outside of the base. Dodging the automatic fire, everyone quickly dashes into the welcoming protection of the hangar. The sight of the prototypes lined up, ready to take on whatever comes their way fills you all with awe but you hardly have time to stand around and gawk at them. Nicolasa yells at the staff cowering inside the building to get the robots ready, as you all move to get into your respective machines. For most of you the sitting in the cockpit of a CFI robot is a new experience and you find it cramped and claustrophobic, with a bewildering variety of screens, buttons, instruments and controls to worry about.

One of the smaller screens crackles to life, revealing an image of Nicolasa worriedly peering into a camera. "Oh! Here we go. I'm remotely beginning the startup process right now!" She taps on a keyboard for several moments, and then suddenly the machinery around you jumps into life. The rest of the screens light up, revealing the outside of the craft along with important information on weapons, allies and potential enemies. The control harness locks around your body, contributing to the claustrophobic feeling of the cockpit. And then... nothing. Nicolasa turns her head to listen to someone offscreen and then looks sheepishly back at the camera. "Apparently it takes several minutes for the engines to reach their operating temperature from a cold start. The prototypes can't move or fight until then." The hangar and everyone in it shakes slightly, as if something large and heavy just took a step closer to the base and everyone trapped inside of it. "T-this is probably a good chance to ask about any questions you have on your mind. This is a lot for anyone to handle... Oh! I almost forgot." She adjusts her glasses for a moment, and then flicks a switch. One of the main view-screens changes to show a live-feed from the other cockpits. Seeing that everyone else is just as bewildered and frightened about the situation is strangely helpful. "You'll probably want to talk about strategy or something. The robots are all equipped with cameras and microphones so that you can do that." As the hangar shakes once again, Nicolasa smiles worriedly at the camera, trying her best to look brave in the face of the approaching Mechamonsters and almost certain death.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 08:29:59 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 09, 2015, 08:27:04 pm »

Ray spins her hat around to face backwards, like Ash. Nerd.
"Okay, guys. Strategy time."
[Cliche determined grin.]
"Kick some ass!"
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 09, 2015, 08:37:10 pm »

Anna's camera shows a cockpit much different than all the others, with various weird gadgets doing things that one really could not discern, and a very comfortable looking chair.
"All systems holding... Weapon system check... right. Let's do this. I've been wanting to test the new weapon I installed."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 09, 2015, 08:40:12 pm »

Grace is panicking.
"WHAT HAPPENED TO THE JOYSTICK!?"
Everyone can see it's right in front of her.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 09, 2015, 08:43:30 pm »

Ray's cliche grin disappears.
Black lives matter.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 09, 2015, 09:45:00 pm »

"Don't panic. It's right in front of you. Are you okay?" Nicolasa asks Grace, since she is obviously panicking right now.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 09, 2015, 09:46:33 pm »

"OF COURSE I AM NOT FUCKING OKAY! IF YOU HADN'T NOTICED, THERE ARE FUCKING LIZARD PEOPLE ATTACKING US!"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2015, 09:52:41 pm »

". . . Were you not with fully with us ten minutes ago?"
Black lives matter.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 09, 2015, 09:54:48 pm »

"I-I know that. And I'm scared and feeling terrible too. But I also know that without us, you, we wouldn't have a chance against them. So we have to stay calm now, because everyone is counting on us and we need to do the best we can." Nicolasa appears to be on the verge of a panic attack herself, but is trying her best to contain it. "So if you can't fight, you should get out now. W-we'll just find someone else to take your place."

Cabbage_Patch

• Bay Watcher
  • Urrgh Burg Berdurgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 09, 2015, 10:01:48 pm »

"Alright... let's umm... just... uh..." Olaf wipes some sweat off his brow as his voice trails off, clearly nervous, but trying his best to hide it.
Also, why are you guys concerned about Ray's gender? Their name is male, so obviously the government thinks they're male. It's the rules except Ray is actually Rachel
"A giant menacing spike falls in a menacing spike forest with no one near to hear, does it kill a goblin?"

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 10, 2015, 02:40:54 am »

"System startup complete, plasma rifle at full charge and boosters ready to fire. I suggest a probing attack to see what they're capable of."
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12