Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Cold Fusion Initiative: M1 - Assault on CFI California! [IC Thread]  (Read 11021 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Cold Fusion Initiative: Super RP Action! [IC Thread]
« Reply #120 on: September 25, 2015, 04:12:52 pm »

"What, you expect someone who only recently immigrated to have one of those?"
"It depends on what you define as recently immigrated."
Iris points out as she places her tablet away in the battery-pack satchel it was attached to.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Cold Fusion Initiative: M1 - Assault on CFI California! [IC Thread]
« Reply #121 on: September 27, 2015, 09:42:21 pm »

Eventually the technicians manage to set up the projector and give the people at the front the signal to begin the presentation. Olivier Villeneuve breaks off his conversation and stands up to speak, his mouth breaking out into a smile underneath his well-groomed, black-haired mustache. "Greetings everyone to the Cold Fusion Initiative's California base! We are sorry for the delay but it appears that our technical difficulties have been resolved so let us start without delay. But before this orientation session begins I would like to introduce a man who needs no introduction, the founder and president of the CFI, Yakov Matveev!" Everyone applauds as Yakov steps forward to take center stage, awed that the very head of the CFI would be here today to talk to them.

As Yakov waits for the applause to die down, a picture of Earth from space appears on the screen behind him, with the sun is just starting to rise from behind the globe. "I will say but a few words. English is not my first language and you are all anxious to start work," he says, his Russian accent thick and barely understandable. "Today marks the next phase of the CFI's Fusion-2 Robot Program, part of the Warfare Development Program. Many people ask me, in this age of nuclear disarmament and peace, why we are devoting so much money and effort to the development of arms and weapons? I shall tell you why. It is not because I am a warmonger, nor because I share the dream of Napoleon and Hitler. Look behind me, what do you see?" He sweeps his hand behind him to encompass the globe against the harsh blackness of space. "The Earth, a precious jewel of a planet, a lifeboat in the void. The CFI has done so much for the people of the Earth, to improve their lives. Shall we shirk the defence of this jewel because some would say that we are tyrants? No! That would make us hypocrites, the worse of the worse! As you work here, in this facility, I want you to keep in mind that you are the protectors, the guardians of humanity. Someday, and may it not be within our lifetimes, your work will be needed to defend humanity from the dangers it faces. I hope that you and your efforts will not be wanting. Thank you." Yakov bows his head and returns to his seat with uncertain applause as everyone is puzzled and unsettled by his speech.

Olivier quickly steps forward, the slideshow shifting to show a general overview and floor-plan of the base. "Ah. What a speech from the President? Now then I am Olivier Villeneuve and, as I'm sure you all know, I am in charge of CFI California. I am certain that we will all get to know each other very well in the coming months. Unfortunately, due to circumstances outside of our control, for the next week all movement in and out of the base will be heavily restricted. In the meantime you'll be able to enjoy the housing and recreational facilities here on the base." Olivier indicates the appropriate spot on the map with his hand. "The Institute cares about the wellbeing of its employees, and as you can see the base boasts a swimming pool, tennis court, shopping center, movie theatre and some of the finest cuisine ever experienced in a government institution. I am certain that after spending a few days here many of you will decide to live on base and will want to never leave it." The rest of the session is pretty standard, with Olivier and the other leaders talking about standard operating and security procedures, safety and similar matters. They talk about everyone's duties and responsibilities, not just on the job but out of it since everyone represents the CFI to the public.

Then a shadow descends on the gathering, causing everyone to turn and stare out the window.

With a loud crash of breaking glass, a pair of hover-vehicles smash through the side of the building and into the assembly. Screams ring out as people are cut by shards of glass or burnt by the jets of the vehicles. Olivier and the other heads of the base manage to leap out of the way in time, but Yakov is too slow to dodge and the front of the first hovercar slams into him, carrying him across the room and pinning him against the far wall. Menacing figures jump out of the vehicles and descend upon the wounded and those too slow to flee with axes in their hands. Their black uniforms are like nothing you've ever seen before, with helmets which appear to be polished skulls and yellow lenses in the eyesockets. Amidst the chaos a large, hunchbacked figure steps out of a hovercar to stare down at Yakov. It pulls back the hood of its robe to reveal two heads, one of a startlingly beautiful woman and the other of some terrible lizard from the dawn of mankind.

"Did you think that you could evade us so easily, Ilia? Or should I call you by your true name, Yakov?" the woman asks, her blood-red lips curled up into a cruel smile. "Maza-Maria!" Yukov chokes out, "So my day has come. But so soon?" "Of course," the lizard growls, "Not everyone was as unfaithful as you, Ilia. Despite your best efforts it is now time for the Skull Brigade to reveal themselves and crush your precious CFI." "Yes! It is such a shame that you will not be around to see the fruits of our labours!" Maza-Maria pulls an axe from its robe and brings it down on Matveev, beheading him in a single blow. With the dirty deed done the creature returns to its hovercar, accompanied by an individual you all vaguely recognize as the Head of Software Development for CFI California. As the vehicles slowly pull back out of the room, Maza-Maria yells at their soldiers left behind, "Skull Brigade! Listen to my words!" "I must leave you to carry out our glorious mission! Heed my command! Kill everyone you can find! Leave none alive!"

MISSION 1
Assault on CFI California!

A hush descends upon the room as the hovercars leave the broken room. The soldiers of the Skull Brigade, having run out of easy opponents to kill, stare at the assembled pilots, their skull helmets appearing to grin with glee and their axes dripping with blood. Most of the surviving members of the CFI have fled, but Olivier still stands and faces off against a group of bulky axemen. Behind him is a young woman, dressed in a sweater and labcoat, trying her best to look brave as she tightly grips a experimental-looking gun. Hopefully everyone remembers their self-defence training, because it certainly doesn't appear that help will be arriving anytime soon.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

((I'm not going to lie, I'm not terribly fond of the map. I just took a tileset from an NES game and rearranged that as needed, then wrote a bunch of letters on top. Hopefully you guys can figure out everything you need from it (such that broken tiles block movement, but not acrobatics or line of sight) and can understand who's who. If not I'm always here to help out. I can't promise that the next map will look any better, but I'll be investigating ways to improve it at least.))
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 07:26:29 am by USEC_OFFICER »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Cold Fusion Initiative: M1 - Assault on CFI California! [IC Thread]
« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2015, 09:55:33 pm »

Pulling the brim of his hat down over her face a second time, Ray immediately moves to (13, 14) and uses One-Inch Punch on the green Skull Squaddie. (The one at (12, 14).)
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 27, 2015, 10:31:41 pm »

"I don't know what the fuck is going on, but no two bit lizard looking, shit head is going to get in the way of MY American dream!"
Grace goes to 4,12 and shows that Squadie what for.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2015, 04:34:31 am »

Iris scans her surroundings for a weapon as she retreats to 10,17.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2015, 05:25:20 am »

Anna follows after Grace to 4-13
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2015, 07:19:29 am »

Jake would have felt better if he had a rifle, but a good scrap wouldn't be amiss, especially if he can back up his teammates. Jake moves to [11, 13] and scouts out the situation

« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 10:01:23 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2015, 11:51:36 am »

Elizabeth let out a laugh and moved forwards to (07,13), she sent a punch at the black skull squadie.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 01:45:57 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Cabbage_Patch

• Bay Watcher
  • Urrgh Burg Berdurgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2015, 02:33:49 pm »

Olaf lets out a shout as he rushes to (11,11)
He punches the Squadie to the left of him (10,11)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 04:19:40 pm by Cabbage_Patch »
Also, why are you guys concerned about Ray's gender? Their name is male, so obviously the government thinks they're male. It's the rules except Ray is actually Rachel
"A giant menacing spike falls in a menacing spike forest with no one near to hear, does it kill a goblin?"

InferiorCyclops

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 29, 2015, 05:15:48 pm »

Sigfried lights a cigar,sprints to [15,15] and searches the ruble[16,15] for any type of blunt object to fight with.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 05:17:30 pm by InferiorCyclops »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 01, 2015, 01:47:00 pm »

Pulling the brim of his hat down over her face a second time, Ray immediately moves to (13, 14) and uses One-Inch Punch on the green Skull Squaddie. (The one at (12, 14).)

[5 - 0] Ray's fist pulverizes the poor squaddie's chest in a single blow, sending their dead body flying through the air to against their comrade.

"I don't know what the fuck is going on, but no two bit lizard looking, shit head is going to get in the way of MY American dream!"
Grace goes to 4,12 and shows that Squadie what for.

[1 - 0] Grace shows the Squaddie what for, launching a barrage of kicks that sends them sprawling out onto the floor, dead.

Iris scans her surroundings for a weapon as she retreats to 10,17.

Iris retreats from the fight developing in front of her, but fails to find a weapon that she can use. Maybe she could pry one out of the cold, dead hands of the attackers?

Anna follows after Grace to 4-13

Anna follows up after Grace.

Jake would have felt better if he had a rifle, but a good scrap wouldn't be amiss, especially if he can back up his teammates. Jake moves to [11, 13] and scouts out the situation

Jake moves forward to scout out the situation and glare at the enemies just outside of his reach.

Elizabeth let out a laugh and moved forwards to (07,13), she sent a punch at the black skull squadie.

[0 - 0] Elizabeth rushes the Squaddie, trading blows with the menacing figure but failing to do any noticeable damage.

Olaf lets out a shout as he rushes to (11,11)
He punches the Squadie to the left of him (10,11)

[3 - 0] Olaf launches a mighty punch at the invading Squaddie, laying them flat on the floor in a single blow. He follows up with a couple of kicks, finishing his target off.

Sigfried lights a cigar,sprints to [15,15] and searches the ruble[16,15] for any type of blunt object to fight with.

Sigfried fails to find any useful blunt objects to fight with. It's mostly shards of glass and splinters of wood, both too small and sharp to wield with his bare hands.

Quote from: Olivier Villeneuve
Fight back!

[2 - 0] Olivier loosens his tie and throws off his jacket so that they won't restrict his movements. "What are you all waiting for?" he asks, gesturing towards the Skull Troopers hovering outside of his reach. Then he launches himself at the closest soldier with a flying spin-kick that manages to take their head off in a single blow. "Are you too scared to fight?"

Quote from: Nicolasa Herrera
Help out!

[1 - 0] Nicolasa runs behind Olivier to protect his back and turns her gun towards the Squaddie standing behind some rubble. With a crack a burst of lightning shoots out from her gun and impacts her target, sending them sprawling down onto the ground.

Quote from: Skull Squaddies
Swarm!

[0 - 0] [0 - 2] Two of the remaining Squaddies rush towards Ray who manages to fend off their blows despite facing two opponents at once, ducking and weaving so that they escape without a scratch.

[1 - 2] The third Squaddie is slightly more successful and lands several blows against Elizabeth, but she's so tough that they don't even phase her.

Quote from: Skull Blockers
Defend!

The hulking attackers equipped with shields move forward to stop the pilots from meeting up with Olivier and Nicolasa.

[1 - 0] One of them slams their shield into Amazing Grace from behind, catching them off-guard and bruising their body.

[0 - 1] Another tries the same thing against Olaf, but the man is too canny and evades just in time.

Quote from: Skull Axemen
Rush Olivier!

[2 - 3] Seizing the initiative, three axemen charge at Olivier. Unlike their fellow soldiers they seem much more skilled, timing their attacks to give Olivier no time to react. Yet somehow he manages to avoid their blows and fend off their axes without taking any serious damage. How amazing!

Turn 2

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

((Spiderking hasn't replied to my PM, and we've all been waiting long enough so I've done this turn without him. If he reappears I'll let him keep playing. If not, I'll probably kick him out after the end of this mission. If I had any waitlisters I'd let them in after this mission too, but since we don't that's a moot point.))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 01, 2015, 01:55:09 pm »

(Can we move and use an SP power?)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 01, 2015, 01:55:54 pm »

((Of course. Activating SP abilities is separate from attacking and moving. You can activate them at anytime.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 01, 2015, 01:58:15 pm »

Grace takes the axe from her previous victim and turns to the blocker that hit her.
"Wanna know what I have in common with the population of Glasgow?"
(Confuse)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 01, 2015, 01:58:22 pm »

((....I'm stupid, I didn't bother reading the SP costs. >_>))
15,14, to back up Ray!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12