Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Original Story/Movie ideas  (Read 5362 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Original Story/Movie ideas
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2015, 12:33:54 am »

Is it bad that I can think of a very convoluted plan to perform just that? And yes, the plan itself also mostly involves doing nothing.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2015, 12:49:18 pm »

Ok, how about a horror movie that fakes you out regarding what kind of horror movie it's gonna be. It starts out with a cult that controls much of some backwater town kidnapping a traveler so then can sacrifice them. But this time they've chosen the wrong person to kidnap, because their intended victim manages to escape and now the town has a vengeful spree killer on it's hands
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2015, 05:24:36 pm »

Oh hell yeah, posting to watch.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2015, 10:03:37 am »

Ok, how about a horror movie that fakes you out regarding what kind of horror movie it's gonna be. It starts out with a cult that controls much of some backwater town kidnapping a traveler so then can sacrifice them. But this time they've chosen the wrong person to kidnap, because their intended victim manages to escape and now the town has a vengeful spree killer on it's hands
I've seen stories like this, ones where some murderobbers accidentally kidnap a serial killer or a serial killer accidentally targets zambieweremongoose and gets nommd

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2015, 11:40:28 am »

I've seen stories like this, ones where some murderobbers accidentally kidnap a serial killer or a serial killer accidentally targets zambieweremongoose and gets nommd

Yeah, now that I think of it House of Clocks, and to a lesser degree Hellraiser are both kind of like that.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2015, 03:50:40 pm »

The sudden appearance of the undead turns the death penalty into a slap on the wrist
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2015, 04:38:59 pm »

The sudden appearance of the undead turns the death penalty into a slap on the wrist
Not quite, but have you seen Torchwood: Miracle Day?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2015, 11:54:19 pm »

So the LCS founder could actually serve those 20 000 consecutive life sentences?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2015, 02:49:51 am »

*a movie in the far future where people discover the underground ruins of city of our age destroyed by an earthquake or something, and crazy archaeology theory ensue ending in a museum with crazy recreations of our society based on infotainment and advertisement*

"...And here we see the primitive man struggle to perform even the most basic of household tasks. Watch as the household objects clumsily fall out of his hands in a way that suggests an undeveloped sense of dexterity and spatial recognition among our savage ancestors."
Love, scriver~

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2015, 12:23:22 am »

A race of seemingly benevolent aliens lands on earth and insinuate themselves into society with gifts of advanced technology. Their arrival however coincides with a global pandemic of extreme "bad luck". The aliens' actual purpose on Earth is a sort of schadenfreude-tourism, instigating disasters (through flaws in their poorly documented technology, deliberately flawed advice to earth leaders and planners and architects and so forth, and occasionally direct sabotage) and then observing them firsthand as "miraculously" unharmed bystanders or as disaster response workers.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2015, 12:32:43 am »

A race of seemingly benevolent aliens lands on earth and insinuate themselves into society with gifts of advanced technology

Actually on that subject ODDLY enough I have once seen a show that was about a bunch of benevolent aliens who landed on earth and slowly share their technology with us (at a slow pace, because obviously too much at once would cause social upheaval) and the consequences of such actions.

The US makes a whole division JUST to protect the aliens.

It was very interesting at times... though it fell apart because of main character worship.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2015, 01:23:10 am »

A race of seemingly benevolent aliens lands on earth and insinuate themselves into society with gifts of advanced technology

Actually on that subject ODDLY enough I have once seen a show that was about a bunch of benevolent aliens who landed on earth and slowly share their technology with us (at a slow pace, because obviously too much at once would cause social upheaval) and the consequences of such actions.

The US makes a whole division JUST to protect the aliens.

It was very interesting at times... though it fell apart because of main character worship.
I don't suppose you're describing Earth: Final Conflict, are you?  (It certainly also matches, unless I've misinterpreted your "division" comment.  Oh, and questions about whether they're actually benevolent, but the whole thing about that morphs a lot, across the various seasons...)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2015, 01:15:36 am »

What if they (the cave drawings) were actually drawn by mammoths? It would make sense if they weren't pictures of humans gloriously slaughtering mammoths, but instead pictures of grievous losses the mammoths suffered to wild human tribes.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2015, 02:17:42 am »

That's pretty close to the premise of Behemoth by Stephen Baxter (I think. Same guy as collaborated with Pratchett on the Long Earth etc).

They're kind of depressing, though.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2015, 09:39:25 am »

A story about Captain Franchise, the superhero whose ability is licensing superpowers to people.

It's 30 years on and the movie is about him trying to retire and get away from all the people who want to buy superpowers from him.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4