Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Original Story/Movie ideas  (Read 5352 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Original Story/Movie ideas
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2015, 04:45:17 am »

It's magic. That also explains why the beer doesn't just go into the sewers by rainwater drains.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2015, 04:48:47 am »

It's magic. That also explains why the beer doesn't just go into the sewers by rainwater drains.

Really? Why not just have the fact that this is clearly stupid be part of the comedy?

Like someone leaving their hose on, wakes up the next morning to find that his entire town is underwater... so he puts on his raincoat and mows the lawn.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 11:52:21 am »

I don't have a specific plot to go with this, but I'd really like to see a movie where Adam Sandler plays Jesus Christ
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2015, 04:14:45 pm »

I don't have a specific plot to go with this, but I'd really like to see a movie where Adam Sandler plays Jesus Christ
I'm sure that I heard someone say something about this regarding Pixels.  To be precise: "Another awful Adam Sandler movie?  Jesus Christ!"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2015, 05:10:20 pm »

I'd rather see a movie where Kanye West plays Adam Sandler

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2015, 11:11:08 pm »

A "Blair Witch Project"-esque amateur film crew who are making a film about civics discover that the real reason why the Republican party talks so much about Jesus is to to hide the fact that they actually worship Mammon (the demonic personification and tutelar of greed); this is also the reason why so many african americans are executed - they are Mammon's favored human sacrifice.

The crew films several Republican meetings secretly but they are eventually discovered and promptly shot down by Assault Rifle and Pancor Jackhammer wielding party members as they try to run away. As they run into the street the camera falls down a storm drain after it is dropped, ironically protecting it from being destroyed by the party.

The final expository text at the end explains that nobody was charged with the murder due to some bullshit about Stand-Your-Ground laws and the film equipment supposedly being a "hoax bomb".
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2015, 11:21:57 pm »

And then a bunch of sister movies demonizing other political parties, just so they don't feel left out?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2015, 06:34:11 am »

*a set of stories story where the super hero is night invincible and mooks don't throw themselves at heroes but have to come up with convoluted but plausible plans to shift blame to (possibly multiple) innocent people*

*a movie in the far future where people discover the underground ruins of city of our age destroyed by an earthquake or something, and crazy archaeology theory ensue ending in a museum with crazy recreations of our society based on infotainment and advertisement*

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2015, 08:17:15 am »

*a set of stories story where the super hero is night invincible and mooks don't throw themselves at heroes but have to come up with convoluted but plausible plans to shift blame to (possibly multiple) innocent people*

*a movie in the far future where people discover the underground ruins of city of our age destroyed by an earthquake or something, and crazy archaeology theory ensue ending in a museum with crazy recreations of our society based on infotainment and advertisement*
I'm reminded of elements of Watchmen and Demolition Man (as particular stand-out examples/variations on the theme) for these two.  But that's not to say that you might not have something new there, as well.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2015, 12:51:50 pm »

I lost it at the Terminator movie critic idea. I would see that because my opinion of the Terminator series is about low enough to be that movie critic.

I would honestly like to see a tutorial on painting in the spirit of The Joy of Painting with Mike Tyson playing the part of the instructor. You know, so that after putting yourself into a calm with The Joy of Painting, you have an antidote that makes you really agitated.

All the while your skill in painting is increasing...

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2015, 01:59:26 pm »

I'm reminded of elements of Watchmen and Demolition Man (as particular stand-out examples/variations on the theme) for these two.  But that's not to say that you might not have something new there, as well.

The second one is reminiscent of one of the scenes from Sleeper. It would be cool to see something like that that wasn't a throwaway gag in an unfunny comedy.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2015, 08:11:10 pm »

Ok here is one for a videogame

It is a Dating sim where you are just some guy enjoying life when you move to a new town and meet some totally beautiful girls. So you date them...

However it turns out if you don't do exactly what they want you to do, and they don't tell you what that is, they will murder you in particularly gruesome ways.

And as you go on the artificiality of the relationship hits home as really your entire life becomes dominated by these relationships. You go into their backyards and see the graves and corpses of their previous boyfriends.

This is all a horror satire of Dating Sims

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2015, 10:31:28 pm »

Zombie apocalypse, but instead of zobmies people who become infected turn into the protagonist's ex
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2015, 02:40:27 am »

Zombie apocalypse, but instead of zobmies people who become infected turn into the protagonist's ex

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2015, 03:46:37 pm »

In a superhero and/or espionage themed parody of "Atlas Shrugged" the world's most egotistical supervillain threatens to destroy the world by *doing nothing*
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4