Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25

Author Topic: Aira's Playing (Sprout: Bees, Farming, Magic, and Monks!)  (Read 45098 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Aira's Playing (Stardew Valley #51: Progress and Friends!)
« Reply #285 on: March 28, 2017, 02:06:22 pm »

My shame at the low quality of yesterday's episode compels me to release Episode 51 of Stardew Valley today, in which we make lots of progress and bribe some friendship out of some villagers.

I may give the interview with Toady a listen at some point. My pronunciation of Urist is based on the way it would be pronounced in German or Czech. Sounds like he gives it a short U, whereas mine is somewhere between short and long, I guess.

And yes... We need some lore about the magically disappearing trash. Seriously, maybe she's just eating it? Help me come up with a good explanation. Atom smasher sounds like it would be cumbersome... But maybe something similar would work... Some dwarfish gadget... I need some lore about those conspiracy glasses as well. Is someone running a nerd slaughterhouse somewhere nearby? Is Demetrius experimenting, trying to find the perfect pair of spectacles for his secret lover, Harvey, and dumping the duds in the river? How are there so many in there without being visible from the surface? There are SO MANY QUESTIONS!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 28, 2017, 02:50:14 pm »

Perhaps it's Joja Corp. "We'll totally recycle those old glasses for $2.50 so you don't have to" or whatever and then they just throw them in the water around the village. If it's profitable enough they probably just have trucks bring in the trash from other places so they can dump it for cheap; the only two people fishing are Willie and Urist and apparently you can't even see the garbage from the surface so it's a perfect scheme. :P

the previous post has been paid for by Hollywood film makers
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 28, 2017, 05:32:45 pm »

Joja corp does make a lot of sense.

Oh...maybe they buy glasses in bulk from rejected lots from the manufacturers really cheap and just toss the bad ones into the river.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 28, 2017, 08:15:41 pm »

Demetrius is using cheap glasses lenses as focusing lenses for a laser based zero-point energy generator, which is where all the trash disappears to.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Aira's Playing (New Minecraft Series: Foolcraft!)
« Reply #289 on: March 29, 2017, 02:56:22 pm »

It's time to get silly with FOOLCRAFT! Mom joins me to kick off this new series, and it promises to be the most ridiculous and fun series yet.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Aira's Playing (Tricky Towers)
« Reply #290 on: March 31, 2017, 11:37:25 am »

What if Tetris had physics? And magic? Well, then it would be Tricky Towers. And it would be SO FRIKKIN FUN OH MY GOSH.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Aira's Playing (Foolcraft #2: Baa at the Disco)
« Reply #291 on: April 05, 2017, 12:04:33 pm »

Sorry for the lack of an update Monday. This week has been extra harsh, and it's not likely to get any better until Easter break in two weeks. I'll do my best to keep up as much as possible!

For today, I've got Episode 2 of Foolcraft. Enjoy the disco sheep, ice boat racing, and chance cubes aplenty!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 06, 2017, 06:05:43 am »

I know you've probably got a ton more footage to upload and are way past this point, but I still think you guys should build your base where that 'last thing' happened. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #293 on: April 06, 2017, 06:43:06 am »

I know you've probably got a ton more footage to upload and are way past this point, but I still think you guys should build your base where that 'last thing' happened. :P

I have enough footage for at least one more episode, possibly two - most of which we spent looking at possible base sites, including the one you're thinking of. I won't spoil anything, but I don't think you'll be disappointed with our final decision (well, mom's final decision, really).

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Aira's Playing (Aira Makes a Video!)
« Reply #294 on: April 07, 2017, 11:02:55 am »

Oh, dang, Aira Makes a Video! Time to get meta...

I thought it might be fun to make a video where I showcase my process of making videos. It's really not too tough to do, and I think my process has some advantages that most people aren't aware of. Take a look, let me know if this is in any way helpful, and if you see a way I can improve (and I'm sure that won't be hard to do), let me know so I can make videos better.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Aira's Playing (Farming Valley #19: A Visit and a Tour)
« Reply #295 on: April 13, 2017, 02:28:14 pm »

With heartfelt apologies for the delay, here is Episode 19 of Farming Valley, wherein I show you folks around my other, more secret, more betterer farm that I've been secretly building for a while now. I also get lost in a hedge maze. Which I built. I prefer to think of this as proof of my hedge maze building skills rather than of my inability to solve hedge mazes.

The reason for the delay, however, is a happy one, in the end. I have finally learned how to render my videos in HD, and the difference is really wonderful. Yesterday I had some growing pains as I clicked a few incorrect settings, erm, several times in a row, and lost many hours to wasted exporting from Adobe Premiere. But I've finally gotten it right (and saved the settings as a preset to eliminate this nonsense in the future), and from now on, my videos shall be much better quality than they've been in the past! Finally!

For those who don't follow me on Twitter, I've also had to apologize again for missing another Monday. I've been thinking it over and for the time being, Mondays just kick my ass far too hard to leave me any energy for YouTube, and that's not likely to change until the end of the school year. So I'm officially changing my update schedule to Wednesdays and Fridays, with Mondays happening only when I have the time/energy to make it happen. I do promise, however, that once the school year ends and I quit teaching at long last, my update schedule will increase tremendously. And I. Cannot. Wait. Until that happens.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 02:40:59 pm by Sappho »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 13, 2017, 07:08:59 pm »

And people think kids are excited for the end of the school year. ;)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #297 on: April 14, 2017, 01:13:22 am »

Oh, the kids are excited. And we teachers are even more excited. For the END. But the two months or so leading up to the end... Those are just hellish! :o

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Aira's Playing (Foolcraft #3: Prankster Pet)
« Reply #298 on: April 14, 2017, 08:33:40 am »

Episode 3 of Foolcraft is out! Mom is with me again to open chance cubes and test out a mischievous little inventory pet...

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Aira's Playing (Foolcraft #4: Mom is Wiggin' Out!)
« Reply #299 on: April 19, 2017, 12:22:58 pm »

Episode 4 of Foolcraft, in which Aira pranks mom and she wigs out so hard that Aira can't breathe on account of all the laughter.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25