Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do you want to debate/discuss?

Best Sex Position.
Best method of cooking potatoes.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Peaceful Debate/Discussion Thread. Current Debate: Best way to cook potatoes.  (Read 7232 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Peaceful Debate/Discussion Thread. Current Debate: NOTHING.
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2015, 02:54:48 pm »

...Trains? Interesting.
Not sure if that counts as a "position", though.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Peaceful Debate Thread. Current Debate: NOTHING.
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2015, 02:55:58 pm »

EVRYEONE. I HAVE DECIDED TO JUST LET EVERYONE SAY THEIR OPINION ON THE TOPIC AND THEN IF THERE IS A DIWAGREEMENT THEY CAN DEBATE. OTHERWISE, THIS SHALL NOW BE KNOWN AS THE PEACEUPFUL DEBATE/DISCUSSION THREAD. GOOD DAY.
I like trains.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2015, 02:59:28 pm »

...Trains? Interesting.
Not sure if that counts as a "position", though.
Take The A Train, Yoink ;)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2015, 03:02:59 pm »

PEOPLE, DO NOT FORGET THE WORDS OF THE TRINITY; BOIL EM, MASH EM AND STICK EM IN A STEW
NO NO NO, IT IS "TO TATOISE MASHAM TAKEN TWIST YOU"
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2015, 01:21:23 am »

Mashed potatoes all the way, with generous amount of milk, butter and nutmeg. Or add some carrots and other veggies to your mashed potatoes for stoemp.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Peaceful Debate/Discussion Thread. Current Debate: Best way to cook potatoes.
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2015, 06:09:29 am »

Heh, apparently I need to convert you on this issue as well :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Peaceful Debate/Discussion Thread. Current Debate: Best way to cook potatoes.
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2015, 06:10:03 am »

Are we having a potato-cook off? We are so having a potato cook-off!

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2015, 06:14:15 am »

Sounds like a plan. I'll work out the details and get back to you.
The Bay12 postcard club

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2015, 06:25:55 am »

Although Stoemp mostly wins my vote due to the easiness of the recips, if ye are going for "best potato product", I will probably have to choose some of my stepmoms Czech recipes.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Peaceful Debate Thread. Current Debate: NOTHING.
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2015, 09:00:35 am »

Silesian dumplings with some kind of meat sauce and some kind of salad/relish or butter or actually anything, even just Silesian dumplings without anything else.
They're so fucking cool, you can even eat them when they're cold, but they get a bit stale. Still cool.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2015, 09:03:14 am »

Are they like German Knödel?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2015, 09:11:56 am »

The only way to win a potato cook-off is not to play. Or more specifically, by ditching the spuds and getting yourself a sweet potato instead.

They're healthier, more versatile (how many potato desserts do you know?), and the family of plants they hail from are mostly poisonous!

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2015, 09:14:43 am »

Are they like German Knödel?
Kind of, except not really. The closest it got on Wikipedia page was Klöße, made from mashed potatoes. Never tried that one though, so I can't say.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2015, 09:22:05 am »

Switching to sweet potatoes would make me a better person in a lot of ways.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2015, 09:25:06 am »

(how many potato desserts do you know?)
Silesian Dumplings can be made as such, in simplest version you just need butter and sugar and it's fucking AWESOME.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9