Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do you want to debate/discuss?

Best Sex Position.
Best method of cooking potatoes.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Peaceful Debate/Discussion Thread. Current Debate: Best way to cook potatoes.  (Read 7244 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Peaceful Debate Thread. Current Debate: ATHIESM. Also, you can still join in!
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2015, 01:35:41 pm »

Papa Nurgle loves you, and everyone else.

Perhaps we should have a debate on the best way to cook potatoes. The best part about such a debate being it's a trick -- there is no singular best way to cook potatoes, only many different paths to great spudness.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Peaceful Debate Thread. Current Debate: ATHIESM. Also, you can still join in!
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2015, 01:37:06 pm »

Obviously a baked potato is a happy potato, preferably with as little added to it as possible. Some chives with butter or sour cream (but not both) are acceptable, within reason.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 01:40:13 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2015, 01:42:04 pm »

Mm... my preferred baked potato is with it sliced in half, cross-hatched, and then drizzled with teriyaki sauce. No butter, no sour cream, no peeling, eat it by hand. Sometimes some cheese melted into it. Occasionally with ketchup or BBQ sauce ^_^

That's just baked, though. There's a lot of different ways to cook potato :D
Ask not!
Ask!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2015, 01:48:02 pm »

PEOPLE, DO NOT FORGET THE WORDS OF THE TRINITY; BOIL EM, MASH EM AND STICK EM IN A STEW

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2015, 02:02:17 pm »

All potatoes are yummy (unless they're soggy, grease-soaked and/or cold chips), but mashed potatoes are the very best. 
If you do it right, that is- get 'em nice and fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2015, 02:03:23 pm »

PEOPLE, DO NOT FORGET THE WORDS OF THE TRINITY; BOIL EM, MASH EM AND STICK EM IN A STEW
Also very good! It's tricky to get the potato to stew ratio down right when you're dealing with mashed ones, but once you do you end up with a thicker stew that is just amazing. Not too far from mashed with gravy, just sorta' in the other direction. Hard to describe, but I actually do something very similar with regularity to noodle bowls. Is step one of turning barely satisfying noodle dish into filling meal of deliciousness.
Ask not!
Ask!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2015, 02:10:48 pm »

Are- are you making me choose between chips*, roast potato, and mash? I can't do that! Honorable mention to dicing them into a stew or potjie.

*Apparently they're called 'fries' in America? Weird. :P
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 02:12:54 pm by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Peaceful Debate Thread. Current Debate: NOTHING.
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2015, 02:24:19 pm »

For extra bonus points, we call something else chips, too. Crisps, I think they're called in the UK? No clue if there's variations on that elsewhere. Though not-fries!chips are nice, too. Just somewhat difficult to home cook.
Ask not!
Ask!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2015, 02:24:30 pm »

QUICK! BEST SEX POSITION!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2015, 02:27:22 pm »

Naah, quick really isn't one of my goals in that context.

Potatoes: My dad made a weird thing with sliced potatoes and lots of cream today which was awesome. Second place goes to Bratkartoffeln.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2015, 02:27:37 pm »

Silesian dumplings with some kind of meat sauce and some kind of salad/relish or butter or actually anything, even just Silesian dumplings without anything else.
They're so fucking cool, you can even eat them when they're cold, but they get a bit stale. Still cool.
Emperor approved heterosexual sex in missionary position. Can't get them Slanneshi vibes, after all.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2015, 02:31:41 pm »

For extra bonus points, we call something else chips, too. Crisps, I think they're called in the UK? No clue if there's variations on that elsewhere. Though not-fries!chips are nice, too. Just somewhat difficult to home cook.

Where I live, they're all just 'chips', sometimes qualified with 'hot'. It's only occasionally confusing.

It's objectively abstinence. Let's stir up some dissent.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2015, 02:32:39 pm »

Naah, quick really isn't one of my goals in that context.

Beaten to the punch by Helgoland. It's the best when you were you expecting something dirty? though.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2015, 02:37:17 pm »

EVRYEONE. I HAVE DECIDED TO JUST LET EVERYONE SAY THEIR OPINION ON THE TOPIC AND THEN IF THERE IS A DIWAGREEMENT THEY CAN DEBATE. OTHERWISE, THIS SHALL NOW BE KNOWN AS THE PEACEUPFUL DEBATE/DISCUSSION THREAD. GOOD DAY.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2015, 02:39:24 pm »

EVRYEONE. I HAVE DECIDED TO JUST LET EVERYONE SAY THEIR OPINION ON THE TOPIC AND THEN IF THERE IS A DIWAGREEMENT THEY CAN DEBATE. OTHERWISE, THIS SHALL NOW BE KNOWN AS THE PEACEUPFUL DEBATE/DISCUSSION THREAD. GOOD DAY.
I like trains.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9