Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do you want to debate/discuss?

Best Sex Position.
Best method of cooking potatoes.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Peaceful Debate/Discussion Thread. Current Debate: Best way to cook potatoes.  (Read 7247 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

I'm still wondering why Sheb explicitly wanted to be on my side. I'm not that agressive when I get going, am I?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

Ah, what the heck, count me in. I'm sure it'll be fun. I'm easy on teams, put me wherever.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile

I'll join team radioactive sandwich, as long as nobody minds.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile

THIS POST HAS NOW BECOME INVALID.

(I only just now realised that Radioactive toasted sandwich is the same acronym as real-time strategy.)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 01:13:15 pm by DigitalDemon »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Peaceful Debate Thread. Current Debate: ATHIESM. Also, you can still join in!
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2015, 06:26:38 am »

I submit these as my evidence:
Please, please can we do a different topic. That's just off the first two pages of the search results for 'religion'. And I've spent far too much time in the most recent... four or five of those. Also note that nearly all of them are dead or locked.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 06:36:01 am by Arx »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Peaceful Debate Thread. Current Debate: ATHIESM. Also, you can still join in!
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2015, 06:42:25 am »

Plus we've got an atypically pro-religious cast here anyway, so it really wouldn't be that interesting.

E: And you misspelled it anyway :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2015, 07:52:13 am »

Emphasis on "atypically religious", as the lower forums or bay12 as a whole seem consist mostly of fervorous followers of Athe, who are usualy quite vocal about it :v

On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2015, 08:06:13 am »

Really? As far as I remember from a poll in one of the religious thread, the split was about 50/50 atheist and christians.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2015, 08:07:44 am »

Really? As far as I remember from a poll in one of the religious thread, the split was about 50/50 atheist and christians.

It's about 40% atheist, 55% if you include agnostic and Discordianist. Only about 20% Christian, actually.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2015, 08:22:21 am »

On behalf of Team Abe Lincoln I posit this; if atheism is so good, how come its hat is fedora and not awesome hats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Checknmate atheists

*EDIT
Religion poll
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 08:45:03 am by Loud Whispers »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2015, 08:46:34 am »

Atheism is bad because if you don't belive in anything, you're proably going to belive in Chaos Gods, unless you don't know about them, which you do now.
Ooops.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2015, 09:24:53 am »

I just looked back and noticed I forgot to account for the people who identified their religion as "something I've missed", even though I'm included in those numbers :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2015, 10:07:57 am »

Atheism is bad because if you don't belive in anything, you're proably going to belive in Chaos Gods, unless you don't know about them, which you do now.
Ooops.
SINDRIIIIIIIIII

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2015, 01:11:37 pm »

NEVERMIND THEN.

I am out of ideas for debate topics. If someone could PM me with some I would be thankful, and then we will start.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2015, 01:26:38 pm »

Ooops.
Papa Nurgle loves you, and everyone else.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9