Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 47

Author Topic: Blind Fate - Turn 42 (Updated 2/24)  (Read 48231 times)

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 18 (Updated 11/11)
« Reply #300 on: November 12, 2015, 06:28:55 am »

Well, at least I know...

Quote from: Radio
"You know what? Fuck it. Graves, go prep the shuttle. You said it's south of here? Nyar, take Cabinboy, find a vehicle. If we can fit the thing in the shuttle, even better. If it has guns, even better. Keep me posted."

"No deal, officer." How many Latins are around? Do a headcount.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 12, 2015, 04:59:28 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 12, 2015, 06:34:11 pm »

Analyze my inventory.  Check if there's any awesome items I can craft with the pearls and fish part.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 12, 2015, 09:58:55 pm »

Well, at least I know...

Quote from: Radio
"You know what? Fuck it. Graves, go prep the shuttle. You said it's south of here? Nyar, take Cabinboy, find a vehicle. If we can fit the thing in the shuttle, even better. If it has guns, even better. Keep me posted."

"No deal, officer." How many Latins are around? Do a headcount.

There was a man in military uniform in the tent prior to your arrival. The doctor is in the room, and she looks horrified. Chances are she is just as worried as you are about the infirmary.

The two armed guards outside the tent go with the officer, who ignores you and draws his weapon, heading toward the rest of the camp.

[3] You see a dim light inside one other tent. It might be occupied.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 12, 2015, 10:42:53 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 13, 2015, 02:29:54 pm »

((Fallout 4 has devoured my life))

Nole sees one of his compatriots come back, carrying a new person!  Nole's faith in his team has been restored!  "Hey!  Are you guys alright?  Get a suit for her.  I'm trying to get another one out from there."  He points to the pod under the ship.  "She's lucky the pod didn't break in the crash."

Set us up the bomb.  Put the small charge on the hinges, wire it up, and set it off.  Get out of the way and pray it works.

The crazy one ran off, but Nole figured he should still be in radio range.
"Where you running off to?  Have you seen the others?"
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 02:33:59 pm by Slayer1557 »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 13, 2015, 02:41:18 pm »

((Same here))
"...Crash?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 13, 2015, 06:53:32 pm »

((Same here))
"...Crash?"
Nole motions to the wreck.  "Yea, it seems our landing was less than stellar.  What about you, though?  Are you from another shuttle, or one of ours?  In any case. you should get a suit on, at least for now.  The air here isn't healthy, and the suit will help you get adjusted from stasis.  There's a suit in the ship."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 13, 2015, 06:56:52 pm »

"I... don't know. That guy found my pod in a river..."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 13, 2015, 10:15:08 pm »

Get to the infirmary. Check the state of the pod and the survivor.

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 14, 2015, 06:18:23 am »

"I see... well, then it doesn't matter.  Mostly I was wondering if there were more where you came from, but I guess not.  Still, glad to have you.  You're with us now, and that's what counts.  There's a couple others and a robot doing some reconnaissance right now, waiting for them to get back.  Otherwise we're on our own."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 14, 2015, 09:01:23 am »

"Alright, then." Ciri says, sitting down somewhere.
Sigtext!

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 14, 2015, 10:15:46 pm »

"Ha ha ha," So it all worked out. I guess it must have had a long fuse or the pressure plate got stuck against something.

Well assholes are you ready? Because hell I am. Look for vehicle with weaponry.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 15, 2015, 03:44:57 am »

1735 GREENHEART TIME, MAY 21st, 301 P.L
ERROR: FAILED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET TIME SERVER.

Arthur Staunch (Megggas):

You notice the fish mouth has a velcro-like behavior where it will stick to the fibers of your armor. The pearls don't stick, though, and, well, it doesn't look like this will accomplish much.

[5] Wait! The fish moves when you put the pearl inside the mouth, sucking it in and eating one of your pearls. You then get the amazing idea to block the mouth using the knife in your shoulder! Now when the fish sucks in the pearl, it doesn't go all the way into the digestive tract. By twisting the fish you can get the pearl to fall out.

Spoiler: Status,Traits,Invntory (click to show/hide)

Nole (Slayer1557):

[6] You wire up the timer circuit and stand close by when it triggers. You hear a loud crack, and it turns out the glass in the pod has shattered. Those explosives packed a punch!

Then again, that is exactly what those charges were designed to do: remove an unruly canopy from the premises. By blowing the siding, no less.

To your surprise, the unharmed girl in the pod slides the pod cover away (laying flat against the pod and sliding the curved glass cover over her. It looks like she barely fit below the curved cover) and promptly escapes, coughing up oxgel over the next few minutes.
When she finishes, she neglects to put on the oxygen mask that came in her pod. Instead, she touches her heart and then her forehead, smiling.

Ciri (Twinwolf):

The shuttle, though completely destroyed, still has a few benches which make a good waiting spot.

You hear a loud explosion.
Looking down into the pit, you watch the a girl climb out of the pod and make a strange gesture, touching her heart and then her head.

Looking at the pod, it looks like an explosion dislodged the hinge at the bottom. The man with the shovel just used explosives to get her out! That seemed less than safe, though the girl looks unharmed for now.

Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):

Using the explosion and the ensuing chaos as cover, [3] you manage to sneak into the workshop where you recall seeing a vehicle. You might be able to break your way into it using a crowbar and hotwire the thing. The workshop contains spanners, prybars, screwdrivers, and a welding rig.

You enter the workshop and find His Majesty's Armoured Personnel Carrier Mark Twelve, featuring pyramidal sloped armor and a 60mm gun mounted in a turret that is flush with the rest of the armor when pointed forward.

The hatch is at the back, and is locked shut with a padlock.

Cueball (Paphi):

You rush over to the infirmary, bumping into Graves around the corner. He sees both you and the Doctor, who followed you. He doesn't see her at first, though.
"Get the survivor? We can roll--" he then sees the doctor.

"Do you two know each other?"

You notice Graves reaching slowly for something at his side.

S. D. "Smooth" McGroove (SaberToothTiger):

You were just lying in bed when a large explosion shook the building and a huge piece of shrapnel busted down the wall. Something tells you this is related to the other colonist that stopped by.

Miraculously, you aren't hit by anything. The iron lung hooked to your mask, on the other hand, was cleanly bisected, and you notice a punctured oxygen tank flying across the room, wasting the pure oxygen that was once saving your life.
There was a doctor entering the room just as the explosion hit. He seems a bit dead now, but there was something in his hand that dropped right next to your bed. It looks like a gas mask.

Summary:
-You were found by soldiers in a pod out in the floodplain
-You were brought back and got up out of the pod. On your first breath, you coughed up blood and fainted from lack of oxygen
-A fellow colonist found you and talked to the doctor (in English, and not the wierd language that the other people here use)
-The colonist injected a vial of medical gel into your lungs, healing them but causing a temporary paralysis (which is now thankfully gone)
-You are now (or were) hooked up to an iron lung giving you pure oxygen to keep you from having to breath in this planet's atmosphere

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 19 (Updated 11/15)
« Reply #314 on: November 15, 2015, 04:11:29 am »

Huh. Guess I lucked out, then. Too bad the doc didn't make it. Oh well. I grab the gas mask and check whether is it working. If it is, I put it on. Is it safe to go outside? If so, then I shall step out of the room and look around.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 47