Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 47

Author Topic: Blind Fate - Turn 42 (Updated 2/24)  (Read 48195 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 10 (Updated 10/6)
« Reply #210 on: October 09, 2015, 09:32:08 pm »

1645 GREENHEART TIME, MAY 21st, 301 P.L
ERROR: FAILED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET TIME SERVER.

Mark Johns'son (Pencil_Art):

[4] The running water up ahead comes not from a river, as you expected, but rather from what appears to be the rain's edge! There is a torrent of falling water forming a "wall" of rain, beyond which there is no more rain.

This boundary does not move, nor does it vary with time. Puddles form at the bottom, and the water seems to be flowing albeit very slowly. There are little snails in the water, as well as blades of grass.

Arthur Staunch (Megggas):

[5 - new miniquest] You rob the soldier of his handgun and turn it back on him. It's even loaded for you!

(4) The handgun is much easier to aim at close range than the rifle. You fire several shots, one at each of his limbs. That's four rounds. You miss his head, but land the last three shots on his torso.
(6) Somehow, though, SOMEHOW, he doesn't even flinch! After all that! There's even blood on the ground!

There is hardly time to curse the game designers, however, for he himself pulls a knife and charges at you, shouting one word and one word only as he brings his knife down on you with his last breath.
"Regi volt..."

The knife hits your left shoulder, and the hostile soldier releases his grip as he falls to the ground.

(His rolls: 6, 1, 2)

Spoiler: Status,Traits,Invntory (click to show/hide)

Cueball (Paphi):

"The 'Burning of Origin'?" You can almost hear the Capitalization in her words.
"You been talking to that poet? Most of us just call it the apocalypse. Fits better that way.
Here's how it goes. Mankind used to span across all the useful land on this planet. But at some point, beings from space came down and burned all of our cities to the ground. From space. Our society got pretty much destroyed.
The historians say we entered some sort of dark age after that point and people stopped taking notes, because they thought humanity was going to die off. But somehow we pulled through. Now we're here. They call this the 'Sixth Aeon,' because the technical dark age was the fifth or something. I don't remember the rest."

[1] The survivor's only wounds are inside his lungs, apparently, and you can't take his mask off while the doctor looks.

[6] The oxygel could very well catch fire from a spark, but rigging it to explode will be difficult without removing the water first.
The battery could conceivably be overcharged with too much voltage. It is a graphene capacitor after all. You'd have to rig up a DC rectifier though--AC current like that of the outside generator does not charge capacitors.
The locals don't seem all that trusting of you though. You hear a pair of them standing in the back whispering.

[1] The pod computer draws too much power. It blows the fuse on your suit's battery!

Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):

"Ha... ha... so I guess the historian wackos are right, eh? You really are from nowhere here.
We train because we're fighting the Reich. That insistent child-emperor claimed the Latin crown, and my country got called in to join the Latins. Now we're just sitting here waiting to find them in case they come out from under their rocks."

Nole (Slayer1557):

[5-new miniquest] The soil analysis tool performs a surprisingly comprehensive search. The display is annoyingly small, so you plug it into your helmet and gain the ability to view the results in a 3d holographic projection. It doesn't actually project an image, of course, but the head-tracking lets you view the list as if it were a giant scroll in front of you.
The results look good for now--there aren't any known toxins in the soil. This particular dirt is mostly void of nutrients, but they are there, it's just that the concentrations aren't high enough. Plants won't grow here without fertilizer, but there is still hope of finding more fertile regions on the planet.

[5] The fire starts readily. In fact, you would have probably burned your hand if it weren't for the suit you're wearing. That oxygel catches fire fast, at least in this oxygen-rich atmosphere.
Unfortunately, there is no brush or wood around to sustain the fire--it's just an empty plain. The oxygel seems to burn longer than you expected it to, though. After a few minutes it's still going as strong as it was before, and is noticeably warm even through the suit.

Some rain may be leaking into the shuttle's lower compartments below the floor (which itself is ruptured in many places). You hear some faint tapping below the floor.

CAB-iN-Boy 1000 (DigitalDemon):

((No action :C))

Standing outside the door to the infirmary, you hear a shout coming from afar. It sounds like "Hans et meissen!," and is being repeated a couple of times.

A few soldiers dash past you, splattering mud on your face. They seem to be heading for the officer tents.
You hear a voice from a soldier standing around. It's in English: "I never liked his coffee anyway."

« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 11:36:52 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 11 (Updated 10/9)
« Reply #211 on: October 09, 2015, 11:44:01 pm »

Calmly disconnect my battery and reset the fuse.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 10, 2015, 02:34:07 am »

Calmly disconnect my battery and reset the fuse.

[4] It's actually a circuit breaker, so you can flip the switch back and be on your merry way.

It makes sense, given that it's a life-critical system. An actual fuse would pop but then leave the user dead without a replacement.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 11, 2015, 12:50:36 am »

"A war huh? That sounds like fun." Nyar begins to look around for weapons that are unsupervised.

It's time to enforce demands. Look around for unsupervised weapon's, if no one seems to be watching take them and move along.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 11, 2015, 05:37:48 pm »

"Are there any formal records of the event? We are human, but we are not suited to the volcanic glass in your atmosphere. And thank you for being open with me. Do you have any spare bottles or vials I could have?"

Quote from: Radio
"Dingus, are you alive?"

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 11, 2015, 06:07:18 pm »

Smear the medical gel over my left arm and then wrap it up with my bandages.
First, search the enemy corpse for loot.  Then find cover and hide behind it until my wounds automatically start healing.  If that doesn't work, look for another player who can give me some tips on what I should do.  I won't bother removing the knife stuck in my arm, since it looks cooler that way.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 11, 2015, 06:29:57 pm »

"Dingus, are you alive?"

Nyar's blank expression develops into a angry frown. What a bitch...

"What's new asshole?"
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 11, 2015, 07:52:05 pm »

"Are there any formal records of the event? We are human, but we are not suited to the volcanic glass in your atmosphere. And thank you for being open with me. Do you have any spare bottles or vials I could have?"

"Humans, huh?" she seems puzzled.
"Humans have a membrane in their trachea that stops these particles from passing into the lungs. Do you mean to say you--and therefore the survivor--don't have that?"
She rushes over and shuts the door.
"Crap... that iron lung is the only thing keeping him alive then. He's also unconscious. Do your people have a way of treating bronchial damage? We don't have ways to save a person whose tracheal membrane is torn."

There are some vials for use on a desk at the side of the room and in the lower drawers. Above it are cabinets filled with mostly antibiotics and ointments. There are primitive medical instruments such as stethoscopes and sphygmomanometers, but none of the modern tools such as cell culture extractors, mechanical surgeons, or regenerative medicines. The doctor lets you use them, considering you are more knowledgeable about the survivor than herself.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 11, 2015, 08:11:59 pm »

"Can this... device... be attached to air tanks?"

"If you didn't hear me before, I need a set of batteries which may be in the armory. There's a colonist here, and we have a duty. If you're in the area, keep an eye out."

((I still don't think Cueball knows Nyar's name, unless we wanna say you introduced yourself to Graves over the radio earlier.))

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 11, 2015, 09:44:32 pm »

"If you didn't hear me before, I need a set of batteries which may be in the armory. There's a colonist here, and we have a duty. If you're in the area, keep an eye out."

((I still don't think Cueball knows Nyar's name, unless we wanna say you introduced yourself to Graves over the radio earlier.))

"Batteries? You building a toy robot? I'll get your batteries if you help me walk outta here armed."

Look about for batteries.

"Are these batteries something I'll be gutted for taking or did you clear it over there at goony HQ?."

((I see, Nyar has only spoken his name to Graves, but it wasn't really over the radio. Soon enough though I'll make a point of it when I get an opportunity.))

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 11, 2015, 10:05:38 pm »

((Which device?))

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 11, 2015, 11:30:08 pm »

((Which device?))
((The iron lung.))

"We'd probably be gutted. Graves might be able to help you, but we need officer clearance to go in ourselves. Keep me updated."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 13, 2015, 03:23:18 pm »

((Sorry for the delay. Mondays, college, and all that

also, DigitalDemon, Slayer, and Pencil_Art have yet to respond))

The doctor nods, but slowly. It is acrtually already connected to an oxygen tank, but the sockets are clearly different, so it will require a jury rig.

There is medical tape in the cabinets, and perhaps there is a ductape-like equivalent somewhere else in the camp, perhaps for working with motor vehicles.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 03:24:59 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 13, 2015, 09:27:20 pm »

((Ok, I think I've wrapped my head around the whole situation.  I had a bit of a hard time following the radio transmissions and stuff, since it looks like quotes, but at least I understand now.  Too bad Nole doesn't know any of that delicious info.))

'Tapping?  I wonder if the ship landed on top of some of those fish.'  He knocks lightly on the floor and sees if there's any reaction, but otherwise ignores it for now.

"Whew, this oxygel burns nicely.  It'll do for now, I suppose."  He says to no one and begins cooking up a red and a green fish, and a chunk of slug flesh.  To be on the safe side, he leans towards 'well done'.  When done, he nibbles at whatever looks most edible.  And waits a while to see if it agrees with his stomach before trying the next.

((Welp, it's been fun, time to die to space poison))

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 13, 2015, 11:50:04 pm »

Mark attempts to cross the boundary.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 47