Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Monster Breeder/Hunter Game (Waitlist available)  (Read 6449 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Breeder/Hunter Game (Waitlist available)
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2015, 06:38:04 am »

(This is weird for me, as it's my first time using the word '!!FUN!!' in the DF meaning. That's because I don't actually play DF XP)
You what?. . . .
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 07:21:33 am by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2015, 07:01:31 am »

Felicia's spiders are superior
thincake

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2015, 10:26:18 am »

Spiders > Scorpions

I wonder which one the GM prefers...
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2015, 10:27:40 am »

but wait
you're the GM
what
thincake

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2015, 11:32:34 am »

I have a magic pumpkin. Pretty sure I'm winning this race.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2015, 12:14:42 pm »

but wait
you're the GM
what

Whats my name...
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2015, 12:18:26 pm »

oh whoop
thincake

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2015, 05:07:31 pm »

As of now I think the official waitlist is Moonlit Shadow, who was going to play but dropped out so another could join, then HiddenLeafGuy, then Lermfish was next to post. After him Sentient Bowtie expressed interest in joining (or really sadness about not being able to join), and Unholy_Pariah just posted today. I think that is the current order of the waitlist, but not every one of them explicitly said they wanted to be waitlisted. In essence, this list may actually be much shorter.

As a little teaser before I go to do the mission updates, and also partially because I'm here already, I am going to talk a little about the stats in this game. The exact stat numbers for each monster aren't revealed, but you should be able to tell by looking at a monster the general ability it has under each stat. (I.e. if I describe a monster as super buff, odds are it's got a high strength stat.

Sort of Stats
LV: The level of a monster. Monsters gain experience when other monsters are killed near them or quests are finished. Getting enough means they will level up and stats will increase (which stats increase and how much is determined by what your monster did during its time on that level. So if it did a lot of strength based activities, its strength will likely go up.) Only monsters gain XP. Players, in order to increase their combat stats, must gain better equipment.

HP: This is your health. Player's heath does not increase like monsters does when they level up. (Players increase their health using gear)

MANA: Monsters and players have the capability to have mana. Mana is increased by using magic often.

ATK: Your damage done by normal attacks.

Attribute Stats
Attribute stats relate to what a monster can and cannot do. For example, lifting an obstruction may have a strength requirement of X, if you monster has X or higher then it can lift it.

STR: Strength. This relates to doing physically difficult tasks like lifting boulders and other feats of strength.

AGI/DEX: Agility. For this game dexterity and agility are combined into one stat. This relates to how swift and agile a monster is. Could also relate to the ability to do small, but complex tasks.

WIS: Wisdom. How much is known about the world. The NPCs have high wisdom, as do some monsters. Players obviously have a low WIS stat at this point.

INT: Intelligence. The ability to learn/use magic. This ties into the speed at which monsters can learn new spells.

CLV: Cleverness. Not an exact number, but generally relates to thinking of unorthodox solutions to problems. Players have a CLV stat of ??? because it depends on you as a person.

Important note: There is only a small connection between strength and ATTK (as well as INT and MANA). A mild increase to STR won't directly increase attacking power, but a large increase to STR will.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2015, 05:38:01 pm »

Wel damn, there were others after all.
well I suppose thats what I get for only counting character sheets when determining waitlist length...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2015, 05:41:59 pm »

Just to confirm: The monster collar in our inventory, it is used for capturing monsters we'd like to tame?
Or is it already on our monsters?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2015, 05:55:24 pm »

OH MAN! I WAS SUPPOSED TO EXPLAIN THAT FOREVER AGO!

Ahem. The monster collar can be used on a highly damaged or defeated (but not slain) monster to capture it. This is not necessary on all monsters, some will join you of their own volition, but is used to forcibly capture a monster. This sends it back to the Guild Hall monster stables where you can try to befriend it later. Monsters captured in this way are your monsters, but they may not like you or always listen to you. Some monsters can resent this sort of capture.

ADDITION: It doesn't work on boss level monsters and some normal level monsters may be immune to it in rare cases.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 06:09:34 pm by Spiderking50 »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2015, 06:18:18 pm »

So does that mean Mel gets an entry on the OP, or is he not actually mine?
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2015, 06:33:15 pm »

So does that mean Mel gets an entry on the OP, or is he not actually mine?

Yes he gets an entry. I put him off until after this mission because I will have to add multiple monsters.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2015, 06:33:42 pm »

Like Trent! I am excited to learn what he's capable of.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2015, 06:35:56 pm »

And the shadow thing I may or may not tame. It reminds me of a doppelganger or something.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9