Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 51

Author Topic: Dead Man Running Season II - Five Card Drawn and Quartered  (Read 63296 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Man Running Season II: Amputation Scrabble
« Reply #270 on: September 29, 2015, 06:10:15 pm »

"Right on Zack right on. That's the spirit. Here's a point."

Give Zack a point.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 29, 2015, 07:13:05 pm »

2DD on BLU team winning
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 29, 2015, 08:11:53 pm »

((Mind rolling for my DD?))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 29, 2015, 11:01:34 pm »

2 DD on BLUE.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 30, 2015, 10:11:31 am »

""Say, mind if I got a cracker, and maybe some water, before we continue? The ol' taste buds are getting a wee bit saturated, and not enjoying these fine cheeses to their fullest would be a terrible waste, no?

Words, into language.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 30, 2015, 01:15:12 pm »

((Mind rolling for my DD?))

9DD. Remember to keep track of this yourselves, guys.
(The goalies kinda got shafted here, huh?)[/spoiler]
They had flamethrowers, and would not get electrocuted for dropping a ball or have deadly insects attack them if they waited too long. I'd prefer to call it asymmetrical.

""Say, mind if I got a cracker, and maybe some water, before we continue? The ol' taste buds are getting a wee bit saturated, and not enjoying these fine cheeses to their fullest would be a terrible waste, no?

Words, into language.
The woman smiles sweetly at you.

"Sorry, but that's not really what this is about. You wouldn't want people to think you weren't a real Caeseian, would you?"

More and more cheese makes its way down your gullet. The olfactory assult alone seems to be turning your stomach to lead, and you're sure you must have consumed several pounds of cheese by now. The non-terran cheeses, Xylepppo Brie and Rinax-9 Camembert are sending your jaws into spasms through pure flavour overloads, and only the straps around your mouth prevent your head lolling back in an ecstasy of overconsumption and sensation. You're nearing the end of the tray now, you think. Though for some reason, your eyes refuse to uncross.

I vote 1DD on the Blue Team winning.
2DD on BLU team winning
2 DD on BLUE.
Bets placed.

"Right on Zack right on. That's the spirit. Here's a point."

Give Zack a point.
You bump your shackles and yell this till it works.

Think happy thoughts.
"Aaaaaaaaaaah aaaaah my legs are - a kitten, that's right they're a kitt- aaaaaaaaaaargh."

"Final bets, ladies and gentlemen, final bets please!"
One wheel short of a wagon

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 30, 2015, 07:42:14 pm »

collect dd

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #277 on: October 01, 2015, 03:33:53 am »

6 on red

Nunzillor

« Reply #278 on: October 01, 2015, 04:24:47 am »

So the mark of the beast can transfer points?  See if the Knights Templar engineered glove has any hidden features.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 01, 2015, 03:57:59 pm »

Magnus the Colossal yells one of the few words that he has both the capacity and motivation to say.
Beer!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 01, 2015, 05:18:11 pm »

collect dd
You attempt to claim your Deadman Dollars twice, but pick the wrong organizer.

Status gained: under arrest.

6 on red
Now here's a betting gentleman! Good play, sir!

So the mark of the beast can transfer points?  See if the Knights Templar engineered glove has any hidden features.
Perception: 4

There appear to be a lot of odd bumps, almost as if huge amounts of deadly and strange technology and weaponry couldn't quite be crammed into a regular space. Also, it's hard. Like really hard, man. You wouldn't like to see the thing that could destroy it outright, nosir! You even get the feeling that it could kill you.
Most definitely of Templar origin, though the Bavarian Illuminati probably left it to the Masons for safekeeping for the second coming after that.

Volunteer.  The scaly Illuminati will never know what hit em.
Volunteer.
Instead of retracting silently, the bloodsplattered arena floor remains in place as the contestants are led off. Several minutes later, two huge coiled rings of shining metal, each twenty feet in diameter, one directly above the other, are lowered in. The coils of each torus create a circular central passageway, though there are wide gaps in the ceilings, walls and floors, while the two outsize metal wires that make up the separate coils snake off into the darkness above.

Zack and Jan are perched inside these on curious, foot-long ellipsoids, plated all over in chrome and webbed with fine red lines. At one end is what looks suspisciously like a thruster, pointing the devices along the rings. Their feet are strapped on securely, and a display on each shows "1000", with a numberpad below it, and a "direction" switch. There are also a pair of thermometers tied to each, showing a stable 37 degrees celsius.

"Let's get to it, ladies and gents. But first, let me ask you this: what do we really enjoy in a sport?

The host seems to genuinely consider the question.

"Is it the drama? The skill, intelligence and physical attainment? The desperate competition? Or is it the violence and bloodshed?

"Well, tonight, I plan to give you all three at once, in the highly intellectual yet edifying and possibly spectacular game of Heating-coil Rocketsurfing! Now, each of these contestants are riding what is basically a rocket. Very fast, can be hard to handle, in fact, but don't worry, we've programmed them to follow only one circular course, forward or back! Now, each rocket is set up to only fire once every ten seconds, with a blast that sends it round the circle however many degrees the user has entered in! Everyone understand? They can go any number of degrees in either direction, once every ten seconds! There is a fuel limit, of course... only 1,000 degrees can be used.

"But here's the real object of the game: to make your opponent hotter than you are! And how do you do this? Well, each heating coil is connected to a supply of electricity, which can be increased in a certain manner. THE FURTHER ZACK GETS FROM JAN, THE GREATER HIS CURRENT. And how does Zack defend himself? Well, THE CLOSER JAN GETS TO ZACK, THE MORE HEAT SHE EXPERIENCES. Going past somebody, or past the furthest point, whichever applies, will raise the heat in your coil quite a bit, while if you should end up stopping next to or one hundred and eighty degrees away from one another... well, it's meant to be a surprise, so don't tell anyone, but I'd advise all our loyal viewers not to let any of their loved ones undergo an operation in a hospital connected to this sector's electric grid for a while..."

"It'll last 50 seconds, by the way, and there isn't any way to make your temperature go down, though being more or less than 90 degrees, depending on whether you're chasing or running from your opponent, will result in no heat gain."

Jan is 90 degrees clockwise from Zack.

PM amounts+directions please. Everyone gets this?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 05:20:31 pm by NJW2000 »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 01, 2015, 05:22:16 pm »

((Just checking, Jan has to stay away from Jack and he has to get closer to Jan?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 01, 2015, 05:25:13 pm »

((Just checking, Jan has to stay away from Jack and he has to get closer to Jan?))
They get closer, Jan may go whoosh, they get further apart, Zack may go whoosh.

Oh, and multiples of 10 degrees, please. Or I may go nuts or set an abritrarily large area of "adjacency".

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 01, 2015, 05:34:04 pm »

calmly ask why I am being detained

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile