Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 51

Author Topic: Dead Man Running Season II - Five Card Drawn and Quartered  (Read 63446 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Man Running: Season II
« Reply #135 on: September 15, 2015, 03:03:16 pm »

"Hm," the Zero Dollar Man considers. "Don't hurt anyone, good host! You'll have nobody left!"

"And what's this about second places? Next thing you'll be handing out participation trophies! Is that the kind of culture you wish to engender, my good man?"

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 15, 2015, 03:24:09 pm »

"Hm," the Zero Dollar Man considers. "Don't hurt anyone, good host! You'll have nobody left!"

"And what's this about second places? Next thing you'll be handing out participation trophies! Is that the kind of culture you wish to engender, my good man?"

"Hush hush. The more points they have, the more ways to hurt one another and themselves. But I'm sure we could remove the third place, if the audience wanted, the useless layabouts have hardly accomplished enough bloodshed to deserve it, have they?"
One wheel short of a wagon

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #137 on: September 15, 2015, 03:30:04 pm »

"Hush hush. The more points they have, the more ways to hurt one another and themselves. But I'm sure we could remove the third place, if the audience wanted, the useless layabouts have hardly accomplished enough bloodshed to deserve it, have they?"

Yeah! I do be agreeing! No third places! Only second if we be thinking they do deserve it!
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 15, 2015, 03:51:28 pm »

"Lemmie tell ya mates, if bloodshed is what yer lookin for, you best vote Janeway 22016!"
"Here I wos, lookin across the field at this 'Desmond' chap, I says, 'Boy, Janeway, that boy looks murderable!' then, there I was, chargin 'cross the field, lookin to smash 'is face in. But then! the bastard runs away! Bleedin coward!

Nunzillor

« Reply #139 on: September 15, 2015, 04:36:18 pm »

((It was never explicitly mentioned that the flamethrowers were removed, right?))

Set Janeway on fire!  Only more burning can reveal the bodysnatcher inside her.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 15, 2015, 04:37:50 pm »

((Do players get a vote?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 15, 2015, 05:11:52 pm »

If, for some unfathomable reason, the flamethrowers Haven't been taken away, CQC dat bitch.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #142 on: September 15, 2015, 06:02:42 pm »

((It was never explicitly mentioned that the flamethrowers were removed, right?))

Set Janeway on fire!  Only more burning can reveal the bodysnatcher inside her.

If, for some unfathomable reason, the flamethrowers Haven't been taken away, CQC dat bitch.

I do be fully supporting this. YEAH! DO IT!

Support and cheer on the plan to turn contestants into !!Contestants!! from the relative comfort of the stands.

Spoiler: Emilio Rodel (click to show/hide)
Sig text

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 15, 2015, 07:48:56 pm »

"Ah, but that was the ruse! I played you right into my hands, my feeble-minded friend! Or, rather,  I played you right into my good friend Zachary's flamethrower."

Desmond turns away from Janeway, to the audience.

"You, there, in the stands! Would you not reward my guile over her senseless, single-minded strategy? Not only did I lure her to a well-deserved demise, but I proceeded to score an excellent goal! With the opponents' hive, even! I do believe my points- and lack of burn wounds, for that matter- speak to my superior play. Wouldn't you agree?"

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 15, 2015, 09:31:07 pm »

Frat considers his options for a second.

"DESMOND!" He shouts at the announcer, "I don't like a smart ass! Or smart people!"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 15, 2015, 09:32:50 pm »

((I'd like to point out that Janeway has 5 Int and Desmond has 0 :P))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 15, 2015, 09:34:51 pm »

((Frat Boy does not recognize meta-game numbers :P))

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #147 on: September 16, 2015, 08:02:49 am »

"You, there, in the stands! Would you not reward my guile over her senseless, single-minded strategy? Not only did I lure her to a well-deserved demise, but I proceeded to score an excellent goal! With the opponents' hive, even! I do believe my points- and lack of burn wounds, for that matter- speak to my superior play. Wouldn't you agree?"

Nope.
Sig text

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 16, 2015, 04:23:24 pm »

4DD for UristMcCoder, 3 for renegade. Minus initial bet, obviously.

"Hey Host, looks like your audience has gone comatose! You gonna do somethin about that?"

OI! I be objecting to that! I be thinking, that's all.

Object to that.

I be done thinking.

I vote that Desmond Running feels the heat, because I bet on him before the round started, and he was inconsiderate by not dying.

I also vote that Janeway gets second place for completely arbitrary reasons.

Spoiler: Emilio Rodel (click to show/hide)

((I probably shouldn't post after a pint and a half of cider, but oh well.))
I don't really know how to roll to object. Oh, you got a 1. Oh, here you go.

Frat considers his options for a second.

"DESMOND!" He shouts at the announcer, "I don't like a smart ass! Or smart people!"

Well, looks like Desmond's about about to experience our first punishment game, while Navarro gets a whole 5 points, and the proactive Janeway gets 3! Looks like nobody likes a coward here, eh?"

There is no time for a reward ceremony, as the host strides towards a pair of huge identical steel cubiods, each a foot wide and tall, and several feet long, that have arrived through the stage floor. One floats above the other, the lower one having a series of restraints projecting from the top, while the upper has nothing but a giant axe blade suspended below. A whining Desmond is quickly hustled in by burly guards, and strapped securely to lower of the two.

"Well folks, let me introduce you to our wonderful new punishment game, shown here now for the first and only time: Amputation Scrabble!"

The audience cheers wildly as a gigantic scrabble board, currently devoid of tiles, is projected onto the arena, while with an almost imperceptible whirring, the blade positions itself just before Desmond's toes. Desmond's height flashes briefly on the makeshift screen: 75 inches.

"Now, as some of you have probably guessed, this won't be your usual game of scrabble. Instead, for every point Desmond gets, we move the blade another inch from his body, and for every point against him, we move the blade another inch closer. After five turns each: chop.

"But if he manages to win the game, for every ten points he scores above his opponent, he gets a point. So who should we pit him against, I wonder? One of our fairly-good house AIs? The audience as a whole? An individual member? I know some of you have bets against his survival... or perhaps we should let the audience play for him, against an AI? Your choice, dearest viewers..."

The camera pans in to show the host's wide, twinkling eyes.

"Your... choice..."
One wheel short of a wagon

Nunzillor

Re: Dead Man Running Season II: Amputation Scrabble
« Reply #149 on: September 16, 2015, 04:35:30 pm »

"Oo, me!  The eldritch squid hegemony must be defeated by one without parasitic ancient astronaut brain worms."

Volunteer.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 51