Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: North Carolina Annexes filthy southerners, next: the world  (Read 9489 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: North Carolina Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2015, 07:04:24 pm »

Seriously though, good luck to worse carolina, even if this isn't their thread. Know a bunch of it seems to be having some water retention issues at the moment.
It's that time of month. They just need a 400-mile wide Pamprin.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2015, 07:14:25 pm »

Yeah I was going to make a dumb joke at South Carolina's expense, but I guess they have even more problems than usual right now.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2015, 07:17:40 pm »

I figure it's better to make them now, before I see the death toll and infrastructure damage bill. Marginally less awkward that way.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2015, 07:18:40 pm »

lol worst carolina is now carolina sea no big loss

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2015, 07:51:32 pm »

WHERE I LIVE, THE WHOLE PLACE ISN'T FLOODED.

BESIDES, THEY ARE CURRENTLY FIXING THE RIVER AS SUCH TO HAVE THE EXCELLENT WATER TREATMENT PLANT TO BE ABLE TO PROVIDE CLEAN WATER TO US ALL.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2015, 08:51:41 am »

Apparently someone's capslock got flooded.

I should check on my cousin who lives in Columbia.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2015, 12:40:59 pm »

Checking in from Best Carolina. Actually I'm in Tennessee for this internship but my car still says FIRST IN FLIGHT so that's close enough.

Myrtle Beach is nice

I hate everything you stand for. If you're going to go to Worst Carolina for a beach, why would you go to Gatlinburg: Beach Edition instead of beautiful Charleston? When it's not underwater, that is.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2015, 12:45:21 pm »

Checking in from Best Carolina. Actually I'm in Tennessee for this internship but my car still says FIRST IN FLIGHT so that's close enough.

Myrtle Beach is nice

I hate everything you stand for. If you're going to go to Worst Carolina for a beach, why would you go to Gatlinburg: Beach Edition instead of beautiful Charleston? When it's not underwater, that is.
YOU FOOL. SOUTH CAROLINA IS BEST CAROLINA
THE FLOODS ARE A VERY RARE OCCURRENCE. PROBABLY ONLY HAPPENS ONCE EVERY 1000 YEARS.

BESIDES, IF THE TROPICAL STORM HITS THE EAST COAST, "BEST" CAROLINA WILL BE HIT AND DEVASTATED!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2015, 03:16:59 pm »

I'm going to have to start referring to poketwo as Kim Jong Y'all.  :P

Also, I am *so* stealing "Gatlinburg: Beach Edition".

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2015, 08:46:41 am »

Going to the state fair today with my mom and brother wooo!  (Raleigh.  Apparently Winston-Salem has its own).

Hoping to find the prize grade-schooler essays a friend and I found a couple years back.  We had a blast criticizing the judges' selections.

We're leaving fairly early (around 6 I think) but if someone's around might be fun to say hi.  I've never met a bay12er in person...
(I'm onto you, pathos)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 08:48:39 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2015, 09:25:28 am »

I would, but that would mean facing not just Raleigh traffic, but State Fair traffic. No desire to sit in a traffic queue for an hour too get a parking place two miles away (or pay $20 to get one at a reasonable distance), then pay another $15 to get in, then pay to eat deep-fried chocolate-dipped pickles, then pay to get on a human centrifuge and see if it can forcibly separate the fair food from my stomach.

State fair was fun the first time or two, when I was in my 20's. Now it's just a big damn noisy mess. Plus, the fact that the state Ag commissioner said no concealed carry allowed makes me pretty sure that there's going to be some rednecks packing heat, just because "no goldurned libruhl gonna tell me what to do!" (the Ag commissioner is Republican, btw, about the only sane one in state government).

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2015, 09:34:39 am »

Yeah I'm pretty bored of it too, but my mom still loves it.  We aren't even going on any rides, just taking in the spectacle and checking out the agricultural exhibits.  We missed the last couple of years.

You're probably right about the rednecks.  On a basically unrelated note...  Looking forward to the turkey shoot!  I won it once at like 15, and my mom's great at cooking turkey.
She/they

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2015, 10:51:55 am »

I had a bit of the opposite problem, in that I recently had to do my first solo road trip going out of Raleigh while the fair was going. So much gridlock, so many shitty drivers...

*shivers*
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2016, 11:28:25 am »

Woooooooo!
Wooooooo!
Woooooo!
Wooooo!
Woooo!
Wooo?
Woo.

So yeah...little bit more excited than usual about the Super Bowl this year.  :D

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2016, 11:35:25 am »

At least it isn't on my birthday for once.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7