Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: North Carolina Annexes filthy southerners, next: the world  (Read 9481 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: North Carolina Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2016, 12:03:18 pm »

I can't believe I somehow didn't lose power in the snowstorm, up here in Asheville!  The gas station apparently lost power several times night before last, but the apartment complex stayed up.  Just lucky I guess.  Walking in the snow was fun.

What's the super bowl, some chili contest?  Sounds fun
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2016, 11:05:57 am »

Bump:  Apparently our team (the Panthers) kinda suck at handegg, or so I hear.  They got almost as many wickets though, I think they almost came back in that third half.

What we do have is a very silly mascot.  Reminds me a lot of the Sonic guy (the cool one, not the Sonichu one).  At first it seemed dumb, but actually my friends and I kinda like him now...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W72IIv04YoA

He's also arguably better at footcarryball than the players
https://gfycat.com/MarriedHoarseAtlanticspadefish
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2016, 12:56:30 pm »

I don't even the handegg, but that video is cute. So that's one thing that I can feel INTENSE NATIONAL STATE PRIDE for.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2016, 01:18:22 pm »

Yeah, it's been painful to watch the Panthers this season. Which is why I haven't.

And yes, Sir Purr is one of the better NFL mascots, imho. Though of course I'm biased. All things from North Carolina are inherently betterother than our government >_>

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2016, 02:35:17 pm »

I thought the governor debate went pretty well, though I might be in the minority there...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzIEt9urB6o

That channel was just the first result I found, by the way.  I was sorta expecting an echo chamber in the comments... but not really...

Their other videos are kinda pathetic, TBH XD
She/they

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2016, 02:50:01 pm »

Against all odds, 538 is showing Burr steadily losing out to Ross, and as of today she's in the lead. I'm not sure if Trumpet is primarily responsible for this reaction, but all the same this is great given Ross was shown to have Trump-tier chances a month ago.

I got worried for a while there when I started hearing Burr's attack ads about how Ross defends "sex offenders" (I can't put the withering tone that was said in any more clearly than that) over "hard-working North Carolinians". The subject of this being her voting against various unconstitutional laws to deny and sanction released sex offenders. Apparently the rule of law and fair punishment means nothing. They didn't explicitly mention the tracking implant proposals, but I'm sure if those had gone to vote it'd be in there too.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2016, 05:04:33 pm »

What about hard-working North Carolinian sex offenders?

On the governor's debate: I thought it was kinda cringey myself.
McCrory is just a better speaker than Cooper. Cooper, with that eastern coastal plains accent, just sounds like a good ol' boy. And I thought McCrory was pretty effective at using Cooper's ad against him, wherein Cooper said he wants to stop focusing on social issues, but every damn response came back to HB2. And Cooper focused on the social stuff (which is just preaching to the choir and reinforcing BOTH bases) when I think he should have gone after for his ties to Duke Energy and his handling of the coal ash debacle. Now that's an issue that actually pisses people off on the Left *and* Right.

Haven't looked at the polls lately, but I wouldn't be surprised if McCrory gained a couple points out of the debate.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2016, 05:11:40 pm »

Yeah that's what people are saying, that McCrory is the better speaker.  I don't exactly see it, but eh...

Possibly because I was too busy being mad.  McCrory blatantly blamed Cooper for bringing up HB2, I mean "social issues" despite that being the moderator's decision...  And blamed the entire thing on Cooper due to local shit in Charlotte.  Really?  Just let people pee, fuck, *they* made it a state issue in a quiet session in the middle of the night.

I guess you're right, though, people are pretty calcified on social issues here in NC.  Shame it's stuck at something like 60-40, I guess.  Particularly frustrating when the 60 is coming from the rural areas I didn't grow up in, but my extended family lives in.
She/they

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2016, 06:05:31 pm »

Fortunately, it seems that people don't watch gubernatorial debates, because the polls still slightly favor Cooper. It's his race to lose, I suspect.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2016, 06:51:38 pm »

Sooo Trump or Hillary?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2016, 07:00:45 pm »

Oddly I think everyone who's posted here thus far is liberal?  Present company excluded, Mr Elephantman (;
She/they

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2016, 08:15:33 pm »

Personally. I can't back Hilary, and will not be voting for her. The things she's done is going to unravel if she does not become president. I can not back trump either as these allegations are serious. So I will be voting for Gary Johnson. And yea, he won't win. But if there's a middle territory then, as long as that stands that's who I'll be voting for. However I'm going to do a little more research to make sure he's not in hillary Clinton's pocket.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2016, 08:25:23 pm »

... hard to be in clinton's pocket (whatever that means) when you could replace a republican and no one would notice. Dude's not a middle ground, he's a barely abnormal conservative. Think one of the other notable lib folks might be, but Johnson's gone a bit loco this election cycle. Just about all the major 3rd party candidates have, unfortunately.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2016, 08:45:34 pm »

A bit Loco is unfortunately pretty much true for all the candidates this election. I mean, this is literally the most fucked up election we've had in US history. I mean shit if you want me to be honest all the good contenders in the beginning got knocked out by money. Guess this is what life is like once you get past the point where you see politics the way it is..but can I get an amen on the ridiculous monstrosity this election is?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2016, 09:06:43 pm »

Oi, what do you think you're doing, discussing filthy rest-of-the-USA politics in my best carolina thread? Out! Out, all of you!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7