Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: North Carolina Annexes filthy southerners, next: the world  (Read 9477 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: North Carolina Thread
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2016, 09:14:28 pm »

When the first generation of Flying Vampire Squid are finally finished, this thread shall be the testing grounds of the new order. No longer will man fear the gun or the pen. Man will fear only squid.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2016, 09:19:19 pm »

Oi, what do you think you're doing, discussing filthy rest-of-the-USA politics in my best carolina thread? Out! Out, all of you!
I may have brought this by mentioning the gubernatorial race...
But I refuse to be exiled to SC.  You'll never take me alive.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2016, 08:43:56 am »

I feel silly.  I early-voted yesterday and didn't need to provide an ID card.  Apparently I missed the rulings of the US Appeals court and Supreme Court on that XD
You do need an ID if it's your first time voting, though.

Also I couldn't help but notice them updating someone's address, apparently they hadn't re-registered after moving.  That's cool I suppose.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2016, 09:21:17 pm »

Hooray for feds plugging the holes in our faulty state!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2016, 09:33:09 pm »

Yeah, although three local election boards (in Republican-controlled counties, surprise surprise) were being sued for illegally purging voter rolls based on individual challenges. Federal law prohibits removing anyone from the voter registration rolls 90 days before an election.

The local dipshits say "Well, the law don't say nothing about if somebody challenges the registration". And there are right-wing groups going out and challenging the shit out of rolls in minority districts within those counties. In quite a few cases, it's turned out that the person who was removed STILL LIVED AT THE SAME GODDAMN ADDRESS.

Hoping there might be some criminal penalties for election fraud given to the spurious challengers.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2016, 09:39:57 pm »

Election day is going to be so amazing. When I went to vote early I was wearing a red shirt by happenstance. Even though it had text on it, I was getting some intense staredowns from random voters. People are ready for some shit to happen.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2016, 09:45:48 pm »

Wearing red in Raleigh is just...like a normal thing though. go pack go and all that  ???

Now, over my way, I get those kind of staredowns normally for not wearing one of two accepted shades of blue.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2016, 09:19:30 am »

Oh boy.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2016, 11:23:10 am »

I voted today, for great justice of The Better Carolina.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2016, 12:04:44 pm »

Actually I should have mentioned this a while ago, but the NC Supreme Court election is particularly important this year due to HB-2.  The candidates aren't officially connected with any political party, but it's actually pretty partisan.  Michael Morgan is against HB-2.  His opponent is Robert Edmunds.

http://www.indyweek.com/indyweek/the-quiet-battle-for-the-nc-supreme-court-matters-more-than-you-think/Content?oid=5032913

They aren't listed as "democrat" or "republican" on the ballot though, so it's important to learn the names.
She/they

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2016, 05:26:20 pm »

Yeah, although three local election boards (in Republican-controlled counties, surprise surprise) were being sued for illegally purging voter rolls based on individual challenges. Federal law prohibits removing anyone from the voter registration rolls 90 days before an election.

The local dipshits say "Well, the law don't say nothing about if somebody challenges the registration". And there are right-wing groups going out and challenging the shit out of rolls in minority districts within those counties. In quite a few cases, it's turned out that the person who was removed STILL LIVED AT THE SAME GODDAMN ADDRESS.

Hoping there might be some criminal penalties for election fraud given to the spurious challengers.
Unsurprisingly, the Federal judge in this case remarked that the voter challenge process seems "insane" and "like something that was put together in 1901".

Welcome to North Carolina, please set your clocks back 100 years when entering.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2016, 02:18:30 am »

MCRORY OUT

TRANSIT BUDGET APPROVED

MORGAN IN

In light of the national vote, I think this is only further proof we need to leave the union and go our own way. We also kept Troxler for Agri Secretary, so there's at least one sane R in the state. Fuckin Burr is still living up to his name and sticking to us, but whatever, we'll exile him to the squid platforms after Carolinexit.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2016, 02:25:31 am »

carolexit now

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2016, 02:31:53 am »

Could we possibly add a virginia into that?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2016, 02:33:27 am »

Something about that sounds familiar, but fuckit sure!
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7