Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Decks and Demons [RtD/CCG] -- Round 1, Turn 2 -- Players Always Needed!  (Read 9200 times)

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Decks and Demons [RtD/CCG] -- Round 1, Turn 1 -- Players Always Needed!
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2015, 01:08:27 pm »

look and see who else is around

Urist Targaryen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2015, 03:18:29 pm »

Ask if we can hunt the knight snake.
One of the three latches on to your idea. "I think our new friend has it right. We know where a rare critter is, lets go for that one. We can go after the wolves in a fortnight, and they'll still be there. The snake may not."

With that your little group set off to its cave. Standing at its mouth, the hunter with the spear hands you a torch. "Seeing as you don't have a weapon, you can carry this for us. I'll be right beside you."

The cave is covered in spiky protrusions from both the floor and the ceiling, and the torch's light only illuminates a few feet in front and behind you. The hunters appear eager to go into the cave. What do you do?

look and see who else is around
You don't see anyone else at the moment, and the streets have not been crowded all day, but somebody could still potentially come by at any time. There are no especially concealed places nearby, but the entire act would take only a few seconds to pull off, and then you could be gone. What do you do?

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2015, 03:28:14 pm »

I grab my grappling hook with one hand, and the torch with other. Stand in the middle of the hunters. Go into the cave.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2015, 03:29:31 pm »

Arm myself with the stiletto, and explore the cave
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2015, 05:03:20 pm »

i woud join.
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2015, 05:12:30 pm »

punch out the beggar and steel his coins.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2015, 05:14:38 pm »

((Just waitlist me please. This looks fascinating.))

Urist Targaryen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2015, 06:08:38 pm »

I grab my grappling hook with one hand, and the torch with other. Stand in the middle of the hunters. Go into the cave.
Letting the spearman take the lead ever so slightly, you feel pretty well guarded by the group. But when you come to a large open room in the cave, everyone spreads out. The walls are damper here, you must be a fair distance underground. The light from the torch bounces off of the damp surfaces, and the room is better lit than the tunnels had been. The spearman goes over to a pool whose surface is dead calm and waters are black despite the torchlight, one bowman walks around by some stalagmites which form a surreal forest of rock, and the final hunter peers into a giant gash which travels was cleaved into both the ceiling and floor by some natural force long ago.

You are quite sure all of these are stupid things to do, given the man-eating snake which may or may not be hiding here. But you also don't feel so comfy standing in the middle of the room with a bright torch to draw attention and no weapon to defend yourself. What do you do?

Arm myself with the stiletto, and explore the cave
Explore is a kind word for stumbling around in pitch blackness and quietly cursing whenever you stub your toe, but we'll roll with it. [1d6=2] You actually manage to do more than just stub your toe in the blackness, and cut an arm up pretty nicely on a rock outcropping. You can deal with that later though, because the blackness ahead is transitioning from pitch to mud colored, and you think you can pick out where the wall is. As you move further you can tell there is definitely light ahead. What do you do? Salsacookies HP: 12/15

punch out the beggar and steel his coins.
It doesn't get much more desperate than this. The poor soul was down on his luck and trying to scrape a living together, and you go and take it from him, leaving him with a nice shiner instead. [1d6=2] At least, that's what you were trying to do. You get a fair punch off on him, but he doesn't drop like the sack of potatoes you had hoped for. He punches back, and tackles you into the street. It turns out there is something less dignified than knocking a beggar out and taking his money: failing to knock a beggar out so you can take his money. You're fighting a beggar in the middle of the street. What do you do? Urist HP: 13/15, 1-3 Dmg; Beggar HP: 4/7, 1-2 damage

i woud join.
((Just waitlist me please. This looks fascinating.))
The wailtlist thanks you profusely. Because it's polite like that.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2015, 06:27:43 pm »

Apologize profusely

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2015, 06:33:58 pm »

Listen for the snake.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2015, 08:10:23 pm »

((Throw me on the waitlist.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2015, 09:15:46 pm »

Keep a vigilant watch.  Alert the others at a sign of trouble.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Targaryen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2015, 10:16:40 pm »

Apologize profusely
[1d6=2] You explain to the beggar that you hadn't actually meant to hit him, and apologize for the accident. He is momentarily confused, and tries to reconcile your apology with your sudden assault. Failing to see much logic to it, he throw one more punch to your gut before sitting back down next to his bowl, apparently content to leave it there. Do you continue to interact with the beggar, or move on (ending the encounter)? Ursit HP: 12/15

Listen for the snake.
[1d6=4] Armor is good for a lot of things, but silently writhing around on a stone floor is not one of them. You what sounds like metal being scraped roughly against the rocks. The sound clearly isn't coming from the pool, but the cave echoes enough that you can't decide if its coming from the stalagmite forest or the crevasse. A quick survey tells you at least that it isn't right next to you. What do you do?

Keep a vigilant watch.  Alert the others at a sign of trouble.
[1d6+1(Aagi's Blessing)=4] Vigilant watches are easily romanticized. The brave hero stares into the night, scanning between the trees, assigning every shape and sound to it's source in a split second. In reality vigilant watches involve oscillating between panicking at every sound and shadow, generally doing your best impression of the night the squirrel had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad trip, and such complete exhaustion you couldn't be bothered to move if the enemy was upon you at that very moment.

Fortunately Goddesses have a slightly better hold on this whole watching for threats thing. All it took was owl getting aggravated and attacking one of the would be robbers to draw your attention. You see a distance back on the trail a vigorous fluttering of wings and you hear cursing. What you don't see or hear is Aagi rolling her opulent emerald eyes and muttering under her breath "mortals." What do you do?

((Throw me on the waitlist.))
Your name joins those of your future competitors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2015, 10:22:47 pm »

Alert the others.  Surely someone has a knife or something I could use?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2015, 05:35:02 am »

Alert the other. Get ready to grapple the snake if I need to.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6