Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many collaborators should [Godslayer] creation require?

0 (total 1)
- 2 (14.3%)
1 (total of 2)
- 4 (28.6%)
2 (total of 3) (current)
- 6 (42.9%)
3 (total of 4)
- 0 (0%)
4 (total of 5)
- 2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 246

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 11.0 Walls and Walls and Walls [29/137]  (Read 295445 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 11.0 Walls and Walls and Walls [29/137]
« Reply #3540 on: September 28, 2015, 09:44:30 pm »

Talios enters the clinic still mumbling about Death, and also now mumbling about Oaths.

"Words are meaningless. For an Oath to truly matter, you must risk your self. Your very essence, your very being, your very soul. An Oath sworn by anything else is scarcely an Oath at all."

Another Zenurion appears to greet the god of death and lead him in yet another therapy room while talking.
Ah, greetings Talios. To be honest I was not expecting to see you here. So what seems to be the problem?
"I am not sure what brought this on, but I am feeling oddly powerless, oddly purposeless, in this chaotic gathering. I am questioning my place here, and falling back on the only two things in Creation that make any sense. My spheres. As I contemplated Death, my desire for control over it only grew. What fluke of Creation made it so that the God who most understands Death, has so little control over it? Over what comes after, such that it might be meaningful?"

"By the way, as a courtesy to you all, I will inform you now that my new experiment will require subjects from all of the sapient races that currently exist. Only one from each settlement, and that number will diminish as the experiment progresses. And no, it won't be because the subjects died. If any of you have any objections, please say them now."
"I will allow this, partly because I suspect my Elf-kin will make the experiment more amusing."
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 09:51:45 pm by Vgray »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: September 28, 2015, 09:55:56 pm »

"There is no opposition...friend. My Djinn are ever willing, as long as you divulge the fruits of your research."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: September 28, 2015, 10:14:17 pm »

(Huge post had to spoiler it so it wouldn't. Take up ridiculous amount of space)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((Don't worry about taking too much space, that's far from being considered too big for here.))

Hmm... I see. Well fleeing a horde of angry gods is something isn't something I would call cowardice, "common sense" would probably be more accurate. And about the war... Well let's just say that reality is far from being perfect, so that kind of event is bound to happen with or without divine intervention. Mortals die frequently, hence why they are called mortal. This is probably a harsh truth, but accepting it would probably be a good step towards recovery.

As for parental issues, well it might be for the best to accept that you have been separated due to events far from being in your control. Due to this you shouldn't consider yourself guilty, since you probably couldn't have changed these events. Both your parents would also probably be happier to see you alive than dead from a hopeless battle. Perhaps you could try to honor their memory if this isn't enough.

Talios enters the clinic still mumbling about Death, and also now mumbling about Oaths.

"Words are meaningless. For an Oath to truly matter, you must risk your self. Your very essence, your very being, your very soul. An Oath sworn by anything else is scarcely an Oath at all."

Another Zenurion appears to greet the god of death and lead him in yet another therapy room while talking.
Ah, greetings Talios. To be honest I was not expecting to see you here. So what seems to be the problem?
"I am not sure what brought this on, but I am feeling oddly powerless, oddly purposeless, in this chaotic gathering. I am questioning my place here, and falling back on the only two things in Creation that make any sense. My spheres. As I contemplated Death, my desire for control over it only grew. What fluke of Creation made it so that the God who most understands Death, has so little control over it? Over what comes after, such that it might be meaningful?"
I see, confidence issues then? I will guess that the problem might come from your interpretation of the meaning of spheres. It is in no way expected for anyone to have a monopoly or anything close to it on their spheres, I know I am far from being the only one that would be considered evil for example. No, spheres would be somewhat closer to an aspect of personality than a property. As the god of oaths and death your being would be somewhat shaped by these aspects, some might say enough to be considered an avatar of them. I guess that would depend on how much importance you give to either of them. I know for example that I haven't been doing as much science or magic as I would like, mostly because I am too busy with other things at the moment.

"By the way, as a courtesy to you all, I will inform you now that my new experiment will require subjects from all of the sapient races that currently exist. Only one from each settlement, and that number will diminish as the experiment progresses. And no, it won't be because the subjects died. If any of you have any objections, please say them now."

I do. I don't want to see my Lambdent in some experiment I don't know anything about, especially since half of their characteristics are still meant to be secret. So what's this experiment about exactly?

The grin that spreads itself across Jixiu's face would makes it very clear that the last question was a mistake. "Where to start? Well, first of all, it's about the individual knowledge and technological prowess of each races. The other part is the one I'm more interested in, though. I want to see how the races interact. Prejudices, enmities, or even just disagreements of the 'I don't like your face' kind. I want to see how they work, both when cooperating and competing. Which ones excell at working under pressure? Which ones flounder and fail? Which ones do I think are ready to receive my gifts. It is also going to be a test of individual character, simply to make things more interesting. I might even add in an explosion at some point. Actually, no. I will add in an explosion. If something doesn't blow up during experimentation, you're doing it wrong! Don't you agree, Dr. Zenurion?"

The newfound interest in Zenurion's eyes seems to indicate that this wasn't, in fact, a bad decision.
A psychology experiment, then? I'd agree with a few conditions:
1-Only generic Lambdent will participate, the other subspecies will be left out.
2-The experiment will be done entirely in public. Any secret action affecting the experiment will bring an end to my participation, and possibly my wrath depending on the gravity.
3-Two conditions didn't seem to be enough to justify adding numbers, so here's a filler.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: September 28, 2015, 10:20:35 pm »

"Agreed! I wouldn't do anything this harmless in secret anyways! So, unless anyone else has any complaints, I'll begin."
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: September 28, 2015, 10:23:49 pm »

I see, confidence issues then? I will guess that the problem might come from your interpretation of the meaning of spheres. It is in no way expected for anyone to have a monopoly or anything close to it on their spheres, I know I am far from being the only one that would be considered evil for example. No, spheres would be somewhat closer to an aspect of personality than a property. As the god of oaths and death your being would be somewhat shaped by these aspects, some might say enough to be considered an avatar of them. I guess that would depend on how much importance you give to either of them. I know for example that I haven't been doing as much science or magic as I would like, mostly because I am too busy with other things at the moment.
"Ah but it is my personality that causes me to view my spheres in such a way, is it not?"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: September 28, 2015, 10:37:53 pm »

That...Actually made me feel better...thanks doc? you should probably make this a proffesion Dr Zenurion has a nice ring to it science guy you may take a mimic keep The individual mimic you pick  safe...you will pay dearly if she is harmed
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: September 28, 2015, 11:03:00 pm »

I would honestly rather you didn't do anything with the Kitsoonies, so I'd appreciate if you leave them be.

"Would you mind if I commissioned a Kitsoony playwright, at least? I was hoping to make a play from the results."

I don't see how you can manage to distill scientific results into the form of a play, but it should be an interesting challenge at least. Fire away.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: September 28, 2015, 11:29:59 pm »

"They mortals of this world need to embrace the fears."
>*laughter* *laughter* *laughter*
>They do not.

"It is one thing to embrace fears, another to be consumed by them. Both of them achieve things. There are other ways, but sometimes life is no fun without a good scare."

"Hmmm? Really? Fear makes great and resistant fighters.
>Exactly the opposite.  RESISTANCE to fear makes good fighters.  Certainly, that takes building up said by exposure, or simply being born without it, but still.
"Fear can in fact create good fighters. One simply needs a specific kind of fear used in a specific way."

"Ask my subjects, not me. They should be volunteers."

"Speaking of Madness of the Gods."

Meow releases the next act of the afformebted play with the same invulnerability as the first couple source copies. He also goes over the previous Originals and fixes any alterations to them. Best to keep the originals pure.
"Please be aware that Madness from the Gods is a completely different text, and should not be 'fixed' by removal. It is at least sixty-six percent original, after all."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: September 29, 2015, 12:08:06 am »

"Madness from the Gods is not an acceptable level of deviation. No need to confuse the mortals."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: September 29, 2015, 12:14:08 am »

"The play was already released several Ticks ago. I doubt anyone is confused about it, anymore at least."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: September 29, 2015, 12:24:26 am »

"Ah. Carry on then."

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: September 29, 2015, 01:03:15 am »

Jixiu cracks his neck, pulling out the 'Prayers' folder again, flipping through it again. "Alright. Sorry for the delay, folks. Godly wars and all that jazz. Okay, so, where was I? Ah, yes!"

Confused Spirallion: "That's a good idea! What should I use to model the water?"
"Well, water should work just fine. If there's no need to replace something in an experiment, don't. Keep it as simple as is possible."

Delighted Chokobo: "The village is gathered!"
"Excellent!" Jixiu teleports to the village where the prayer originates. "Hello there, everyone! I have a few announcements to make today! First of all, I'd like you all to vote amongst yourselves and determine which of you is the most intelligent in the village. No, I'm not trying to sow discord. This is an important question, as this marks the beginnings of my first Great Experiment."
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: September 29, 2015, 07:21:36 am »

"Ah but it is my personality that causes me to view my spheres in such a way, is it not?"

Is that so? I would've assumed that it was your understanding of them that was the cause, but a personality that tend towards control could also explain the situation I suppose. But the fact that your current view of your spheres bring you pain means there is something that would need to change... Perhaps you could see it this way: Your aspects are so influential on reality that every god is forced to rely on them, everyone need to take death into account for their plans to function, and not even gods are free from it, as proven by Isgon and Si.

That...Actually made me feel better...thanks doc? you should probably make this a proffesion Dr Zenurion has a nice ring to it science guy you may take a mimic keep The individual mimic you pick  safe...you will pay dearly if she is harmed

Err... I don't think it would be a good idea to trust me with the life of one of your mortals, especially if you want to keep them safe.

I just remembered that I forgot to remember to not forget to answer my prayers...
Spoiler: Prayers (click to show/hide)
Listen to more prayers.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 07:23:16 am by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #3553 on: September 29, 2015, 09:21:23 am »

I do. I don't want to see my Lambdent in some experiment I don't know anything about, especially since half of their characteristics are still meant to be secret. So what's this experiment about exactly?

The grin that spreads itself across Jixiu's face would makes it very clear that the last question was a mistake. "Where to start? Well, first of all, it's about the individual knowledge and technological prowess of each races. The other part is the one I'm more interested in, though. I want to see how the races interact. Prejudices, enmities, or even just disagreements of the 'I don't like your face' kind. I want to see how they work, both when cooperating and competing. Which ones excell at working under pressure? Which ones flounder and fail? Which ones do I think are ready to receive my gifts. It is also going to be a test of individual character, simply to make things more interesting. I might even add in an explosion at some point. Actually, no. I will add in an explosion. If something doesn't blow up during experimentation, you're doing it wrong! Don't you agree, Dr. Zenurion?"

You may recruit several of my Efte and Naedercynn for your experiment.

However, you might want to use more than one of each race where possible. Small sample sizes often give misleading results.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: September 29, 2015, 09:43:06 am »

Morthan releases the script of Sadness of the Dogs
Sadness of the Dogs has the same plot and lines as Madness of the Gods, but acted out by talking dogs, being tortured live on stage.
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 246