Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 240625 times)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC [26/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #3000 on: September 24, 2015, 02:43:33 pm »

--
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 02:45:07 pm by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: September 24, 2015, 02:58:01 pm »

The over brain forms a Tentacle Beast near Vir's creations as a joke
Spoiler: Tentacle Beast (click to show/hide)
I do not see this resulting in anything else than a Warning
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: September 24, 2015, 03:00:14 pm »

...Here we go again...
The over brain forms a Tentacle Beast near Vir's creations as a joke
Spoiler: Tentacle Beast (click to show/hide)
I do not see this resulting in anything else than a Warning
I concur.  But neither of us are KJP.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: September 24, 2015, 05:01:23 pm »

Tentacles. Well...the mimics are probably. Okay with it but i am a bit...meh im pretty accepting. As long as it dosent get graphic and or creepy rapey im fine witha tentacle monster..
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: September 24, 2015, 07:55:39 pm »

The huge mass of darkness grapple the indignant god! It attempt to crush it with it's strength, which it successfully do, preventing the god from interfering with the battle! The hand will simply not move despite Tenat's best efforts...
((If you have the right to decide that my attack failed I have the right to decide if I get a guaranteed success, right?)

Well, FArg, given typical freeform RP rules, that's typically not true. And I learned to role-play in such environments (more or less; it was more like succeed-fail actions but I preferred the free-form when it was possible). Golden rule is typically: Attacker describes the action, defender describes the result.

And given neither of you are using Flux...Well. It's rather pointless in the first place, and the whole mess is a bunch of god-moding (pun intended) which is why it's been annoying me this whole time. Not just BiggerFish, but all the 'I do blank and it works!' actions.

Or at least, those that aren't backed by resources...Done right, it just looks good.

((Break as in the way one indoctrinates somebody into a cult. Breaking them down to build them back up. Not "driving utterly insane". Don't see how it's much worse than killing them anyway, since their souls probably get pulled back down to Hell either way.))
((So it's basically brainwashing? A rather sudden, and likely extremely painful brainwashing? Yeah, I don't like the idea of that, at all.
The way you said it, it sounds like they're rearranging the brain in a flash, which doesn't sound very... pleasant.
So basically, Si would still feel it, and still be against it.))

((Well, if it's not broken by the tick, then Si will attack it, because those pillars are just... wrong.))
Painful? Only if that was part of what was necessary. Not rearranging the brain, just...it is said that for every man there is a sentence which will break them. And that for every man, there is a sentence that will build them anew. Think of it like that.

Besides, pain? They'd be killed, probably also painfully, anyway, in the war. This way seemed like a more efficient use of my resources, being a God of Control and all, besides sowing confusion and discord in the enemy ranks and giving them a fear of the roads. If they stay off the roads, they don't get brainwashed. Usually. Honestly, I don't see how it's much different than killing them, when either way they'll probably be sent down to hell and tortured into annihilation and eternal damnation by their god for their failure. Or they aren't, in which case they aren't. It's war, and we've had no Geneva convention.

Yet, anyway. I doubt most gods would agree to or abide by any agreement, as on forum, no one ever does. We simply don't have the actual investment in our characters/followers well-being or the utter isolation a total break of trust with the rest of the gods would bring, that the countries who agree to such do.

Same reason making a peace is rarely a consideration for the winning party in strategy games and the like. They have nothing to lose, much of the time, by continuing. There is only the abstraction of rules. No chance of being assassinated because of the war. And even if your leader is, who cares? You're playing the country, not the leader.

One part that annoys me about games. Same thing with the way battles tend to be all or nothing. Real life, casualties for the loser might be 40%, and that's a fair slaughter. Usually lower. Can be much, much higher, of course. In games? 100%. Or maybe 80%, on average. Winner might lose a third of their troops, or none, in return. Each battle is it's own little war, where there is no grander scheme in which you might want to conserve men or equipment for. Bah.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 08:20:31 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: September 24, 2015, 08:17:19 pm »

The huge mass of darkness grapple the indignant god! It attempt to crush it with it's strength, which it successfully do, preventing the god from interfering with the battle! The hand will simply not move despite Tenat's best efforts...
((If you have the right to decide that my attack failed I have the right to decide if I get a guaranteed success, right?)

Well, FArg, given typical freeform RP rules, that's typically not true. And I learned to role-play in such environments (more or less; it was more like succeed-fail actions but I preferred the free-form when it was possible). Golden rule is typically: Attacker describes the action, defender describes the result.

And given neither of you are using Flux...Well. It's rather pointless in the first place, and the whole mess is a bunch of god-moding (pun intended) which is why it's been annoying me this whole time. Not just BiggerFish, but all the 'I do blank and it works!' actions.

Or at least, those that aren't backed by resources...Done right, it just looks good.
See my IC reply to Biggerfish for that.

I'd usually be fine with this setup but right now he's abusing it to grant himself guaranteed success at every occasion. I guess I could've just said that his attack on my troops was a complete failure, without the slightest effect on them but that would've been just as (if not more) obnoxious. I don't like it either, but he's not really giving me any choice here.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: September 24, 2015, 08:21:48 pm »

Oh, no, the stuff he pulls annoy me too. I just don't think the proper response is to go 'oh well you did this so that means I can do that so nyah.'

Where's your username originate, by the way, can I ask?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: September 24, 2015, 08:26:28 pm »

Oh, no, the stuff he pulls annoy me too. I just don't think the proper response is to go 'oh well you did this so that means I can do that so nyah.'

Where's your username originate, by the way, can I ask?

The idea is that I don't feel like giving him an advantage for free. If he wants to play like that there's no reason he shouldn't have others do the same to him in return.

And my username is completely random, no origin besides my own mind.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: September 24, 2015, 08:34:47 pm »

One part that annoys me about games. Same thing with the way battles tend to be all or nothing. Real life, casualties for the loser might be 40%, and that's a fair slaughter. Usually lower. Can be much, much higher, of course. In games? 100%. Or maybe 80%, on average. Winner might lose a third of their troops, or none, in return. Each battle is it's own little war, where there is no grander scheme in which you might want to conserve men or equipment for. Bah.

So you are annoyed that games aren't realistic? Your suspension of disbelief is thin enough to split a molecule, isn't it?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: September 24, 2015, 09:24:25 pm »

@All:
Sorry about blatant abuse of sphere.
Will try to stop that.
It's a bit of a fault of mine that I really need to get under control.  FArg, if you retcon I will?  (At least, the stuff in this Tick.)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: September 24, 2015, 09:25:40 pm »

@All:
Will try to stop that.
It's a bit of a fault of mine that I really need to get under control.  FArg, if you retcon I will?  (At least, the stuff in this Tick.)

Spheres don't work like that  :P. It doesn't give you unlimited power over everything. There is a very good chance your attempts simply fail, Butterfly God.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: September 24, 2015, 09:26:42 pm »

@All:
Will try to stop that.

Spheres don't work like that  :P. It doesn't give you unlimited power over everything. There is a very good chance your attempts simply fail, Butterfly God.
Shrug.
Sigtext

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: September 24, 2015, 09:33:09 pm »

If they did, Zhin would simply win :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: September 24, 2015, 09:52:12 pm »

@All:
Will try to stop that.

Sure, let's do that. Honestly I can somewhat understand, I do tend to get really competitive sometimes.

Edit: Wait, does that mean that we have to edit all of our posts?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 09:55:47 pm by FArgHalfnr »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: September 24, 2015, 09:57:09 pm »

There is a 1E editing fee now. Maybe you should just "Play off" it?

Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 241