Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 240837 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24h to T2) [22/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #915 on: August 23, 2015, 12:33:30 am »

KJP, edited the Brass Djinn to use the [Rulership] trait instead of [Leadership] since they're the same thing.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #916 on: August 23, 2015, 01:11:59 am »

Andres: Rulership: I'll make sure to scale it up. Clarifying the poll to make the "cosmetic change only" part clear

As for upgrades, you pay the difference. As often happens in YG, the process breaks how probability should actually work while still providing similar results on average.

FArgHalfnr: No problem. When not managing IC, OOC, PMs, or coding, I occasionally put in price checked but uncreated creations into the data files. Races that have been price checked but not created (or perhaps wiped out or canceled?) show up in the racesNNN files with 0 population.

TheBiggerFish: Saving characters because the Big Book is now at around 33K characters after some generous trimming? :P

$$$Response
micelus:
Magori: Assuming they are magical plants, 4.2E/1000 is correct.
Animancy as separate school: 5E

Andres:
Educational NDEs: "Increases creation's combat abilities marginally in response to a real combat-induced near-death experience," may lower price after consideration on whether the highly risky behavior needed to activate this outweighs the actual benefits
Adaptive disease resistance+1 <6.5>: Reduces the likelihood of catching less lethal (i.e. highly annoying but mostly non-lethal diseases confer little resistance) diseases after surviving a disease decently (Note: This may have the unintended side-effect of starting a disease arms race leading to the creation of increasingly deadly diseases and many, many deaths for the various races)
Ability of a race to identify another race/being: Implicit ability crafted from other things such as language ability, perceptiveness, the races' appearances, &c.

Rolepgeek:
[Mechanical <1>]: Descriptive flavor trait
[Soul-Bound <1?>]: Descriptive trait? May be a disadvantage
[Regenerative+1 <1.4>]: Allows regeneration of, say, limbs, takes around a season or two
[Regenerative+2 <2>]: Allows regeneration of, say, limbs, takes around a month or so
[Regenerative+3 <2.8>]: Allows regeneration of, say, limbs, takes around a week or two
[Regenerative+4 <4>]: Allows regeneration of, say, limbs, takes around a few days
[Regenerative+5 <5.7>]: Allows regeneration of, say, limbs, takes around a day or so
[Coordination <1>]: Mostly descriptive trait? Possible slight advantage
[Team Leader]: Probably merging with [Rulership] (-> [Leadership])
[Perceptive+1 <1.2>]: Notices some small details usually unnoticed
[Protection+x]: Probably exceptional(ly thick) materials extrapolating from Protection+1 and Protection+2
[Am Legion+1 <1.1>]: Is made up of many minds, and it shows
[Coherent+1 <1.3>]: Keeps those made up of many minds from showing it as much

TheBiggerFish:
Law drones: [Lawful] [Will Be Back <5>] [Affinity (Lawmancy/Nomosurgy/Magical Lawyering)] [Unworshipful <0.5>] [Teleport+2 <1.4>] [Foresight+1 <1.5>] [Focus-Discover-All the laws] = 5.3E/1000
Foresight+1 <1.5>: On a success, provides some warning of what will happen. On a failure, provides some false warning of what will happen. May reduce sanity

micelus:
Brass Caste: 100 * .001 [Rulership+2 <1.4>] [Charismatic+1 <1.1>] [Intelligent+2 <1.4>] = Avg. 0.22E/100[/list]

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: August 23, 2015, 01:17:47 am »

Magical animals, but yes.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: August 23, 2015, 01:26:31 am »

Disease arm race? I'm totally up for that :P
Also it might probably be a good idea not to put my pricechecked creations in anything official, since I usually change tons of things on them before actually making them or make pricechecks that are too vague to get anything concrete from. So basically my pricechecks are unreliable for finding out what I'm going to make.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: August 23, 2015, 02:25:12 am »

Ability of a race to identify another race/being: Implicit ability crafted from other things such as language ability, perceptiveness, the races' appearances, &c.
Actually, I was thinking it could simply be its own trait. You know how Santa knows when you're sleeping or awake, not because he can sense souls or brain waves, but simply because he knows? I'd like it to be something like that. In YG1 it was possible to have magical creatures with powers outside the pre-determined magical system. I'm hoping it's possible here too, especially since the survey results say that there's less creation restrictions.

It also seems I've missed some kind of announcement. In the OP it says that the prebuilt magic schools aren't in use. Why is that? When was the announcement made that the schools wouldn't be used? I'd just thought the player-made schools were in addition to the prebuilt ones.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #920 on: August 23, 2015, 02:41:37 am »

Trait for detecting races: I tend to think it'd be more stifling/more of a restriction if I made it into a separate trait as opposed to letting different players come up with different solutions to the race-identification problem.

Prebuilt magic schools not being in use: Following a poll at some point, it was decided that the basic framework of the new giant magic system would be kept while starting it out empty and having players fill it out however they wanted.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: August 23, 2015, 03:03:31 am »

Is the whole rotting away thing that the Thannel have something that "just happens"? If so, it seems unfair that they're able to hide using a "just because" method while we remain unable to find them using the same "just because" method.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 05:30:03 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: August 23, 2015, 05:04:23 am »

$$$

Pricecheck for slowly expanding Kittification field that grows based off the ambient emotions and energy put off by people.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: August 23, 2015, 05:17:46 am »

Ye Gods no. Meow would probably get murdered for that.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: August 23, 2015, 05:27:10 am »

I'm just seeing the price~

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24-48h to launch) [18/137]
« Reply #925 on: August 23, 2015, 05:46:19 am »

Umbramancy is the magic of darkness. Even novice users can use it to hide well in the shadows.
Does this mean we can choose how powerful the magic we create is? Would it have been possible for me to say that novice users of plasmamancy could fire building-destroying energy blasts?

Can angels shapeshift like they could in YG1 or are they stuck in the form they were originally made in?

Could a YG2 angel beat a YG1 Gem Dragon in a fight? Some people think they can kill armies, others think they're equal to high-level mages, and some think that if they didn't have access to 0-energy actions, they'd be equal to ordinary Humans. I kinda need to know how powerful they are if I'm to field them properly.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 06:14:33 am by Andres »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: August 23, 2015, 05:59:12 am »

Umbramancy is the magic of darkness. Even novice users can use it to hide well in the shadows.
Does this mean we can choose how powerful the magic we create is? Would it have been possible for me to say that novice users of plasmamancy could fire building-destroying energy blasts?

Can angels shapeshift like they could in YG1 or are they stuck in the form they were originally made in?

Could a YG2 angel beat a YG1 Gem Dragon in a fight? Some people think they can kill armies, others think they're equal to high-level mages, and some think that if they didn't have access to 0-energy actions, they'd be equal to ordinary Humans. I kinda need a comparison if I want to field my angels appropriately.
How does the magic example sound like anything other than a munchkin question?
Besides, hiding in shadows isn't all that powerful, having the humans all capable of firing building destroying blasts? That's just a recipe for disaster.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: August 23, 2015, 06:13:32 am »

How does the magic example sound like anything other than a munchkin question?
Besides, hiding in shadows isn't all that powerful, having the humans all capable of firing building destroying blasts? That's just a recipe for disaster.
It's not a munchkin question, it's just a normal question. The idea of novices being able to do that isn't something I think should ever happen and if it were possible, I'd be one of the people arguing against it rather than exploiting it. Hiding well in the shadows isn't that OP, now that I think about it. When I first saw the description I thought it meant novices could turn nigh-invisible in the shadows.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, a god putting enough Essence into the magical school might be enough to excuse how powerful the school would be, but it should require a crap-ton of Essence. But still, empowering one of the schools like that for free shouldn't be allowed even if school empowerment as a concept is (not saying umbramancy is OP).
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 06:25:32 am by Andres »

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: August 23, 2015, 06:17:50 am »

Is the whole rotting away thing that the Thannel have something that "just happens"? If so, it seems unfair that they're able to hide using a "just because" method while we remain unable to find them using the same "just because" method.
I don't really understand this question. Thannels rot away because they're Thannels, but until they're 50 they are exact copies of humans. That's it.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: August 23, 2015, 06:20:16 am »

I don't really understand this question. Thannels rot away because they're Thannels, but until they're 50 they are exact copies of humans. That's it.
Exactly. There doesn't seem to be any reason why Thannels rot away other than their being Thannels. No mention of DNA, souls, magic, etc. responsible for the rotting. They do so simply because they do. Therefore, I believe I should be allowed to make a creature that can identify Thannels simply because it can.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 06:21:55 am by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 241