Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 241026 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24h to T2) [22/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #900 on: August 22, 2015, 10:40:46 pm »

Did either of you ever dial the number that accessed the internet?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: August 22, 2015, 10:43:37 pm »

Did either of you ever dial the number that accessed the internet?

...The Internet had a number?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: August 22, 2015, 10:50:55 pm »

Yeah, there was a phone number. It was basically just the same noises the modem made, just deafeningly loud and more screechy.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: August 22, 2015, 10:51:43 pm »

Yeah, there was a phone number. It was basically just the same noises the modem made, just deafeningly loud and more screechy.

Couldn't you just turn the volume down?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: August 22, 2015, 10:52:38 pm »

Would probably depend on the phone :P

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: August 22, 2015, 11:14:29 pm »

$$$PRICECHECK

An immortal, or multiple (full rez immortality immortal) being or beings that will serve as fully independent witnesses and arbitrators during contractual negotiations and disputes (i.e. will BE binding arbitration in such clauses), and will be available for as many beings as need services at the time.

Add all needed resistances.

Sort of like the Partnership Collective, only less evil and more immortal, and above all Lawful.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 11:21:53 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #906 on: August 22, 2015, 11:37:42 pm »

micelus: Add Animancy?

tntey: Yes, but it will be very difficult and very expensive

Happy Demon: God-god communication is glossed over and not really made into a mechanic, but I suppose it works much like you've said

FArgHalfnr: It was considered major (without really affecting much) in the old YG, but I try to treat them as equally as a left-to-right reader can here.

Andres: As always, there's a trade-off between holding and spending Essence. Spending Essence tends to result in more solid, concrete things (perhaps for dealling with crises), while holding Essence tends to result in having greater flexibility/capacity to react in critical situations where spending Ichor would be inadvisable. Investing Essence on creating agents (defined roughly as single-digit population/named creations that wander the worlds doing your bidding) results in similar flexibility to react, while investing Essence on creating races (defined roughly as worship-capable bulk populations of unnamed creations) can help provide the income required to stay flexible in the future while not doing much of your direct bidding generally. Different players have very different balance points and preferred strategies, but these two, creating agents and creating races for income, seem to be the most significant.

Finally, this is not a game of making the most powerful thing ever for the cheapest price possible. Warnings will be issued if this business of wasting time trying to create a perfect thing continues.

Also, prebuilt magic schools added below player magic schools

FArgHalfnr: Linking your bestiary in the OP. Since it can get quite chaotic hunting down all the races, here's a slightly formatted dump of the local races file (only races with non-zero population included):
Spoiler: races002 (click to show/hide)
micelus: Link to your compendium posted on post 0

$$$Response
Kevak:
Indefinite Kittification/other ways of reality-harming: For relevant areas, 1E for 10m x 10m x 10m areas, 2E for 40m x 40m x 40m areas, and 3E for 90m x 90m x 90m areas. For unknown/irrelevant areas, 0E

(prices generally substitutable with Flux)
Years: 1E for 40m x 40m x 40m 2E for 90x90x90, 3E for 160x160x160
Months: 1E for 90x90x90, 2E for 160x160x160, 3E for 250x250x250
Days: 1E for 160x160x160, 2E for 250x250x250, 3E for 360x360x360
Hours: 1E for 250x250x250, 2E for 360x360x360, 3E for 490x490x490
(I wonder why there isn't a Nekomancy school yet...)

Andres:
Rulership+1 <1.2>: Increases creation's ability to rule, best up to a group size in the hundreds
Rulership+2 <1.4>: Increases creation's ability to rule, best up to a group size in the thousands
Rulership+3 <1.7>: Increases creation's ability to rule, best up to a group size in the tens of thousands
Rulership+4 <2.1>: Increases creation's ability to rule, best up to group size in the hundreds of thousands
Rulership+5 <2.5>: Increases creation's ability to rule, best up to group size in the millions
Temporary Learned Boost+1 (Combat) <1.4>: Increases creation's combat abilities slightly in response to real combat until combat ends
Temporary Learned Boost+2 (Combat) <2>: Increases creation's combat abilities decently in response to real combat until combat ends
Temporary Learned Boost+3 (Combat) <2.8>: Increases creation's combat abilities significantly in response to real combat until combat ends
Temporary Learned Boost+4 (Combat) <4>: Increases creation's combat abilities a lot in response to real combat until combat ends
Permanently Learned Boost+1 (Combat) <2.8>: Increases creation's combat abilities marginally in response to real combat permanently
Permanently Learned Boost+2 (Combat) <7.9>: Increases creation's combat abilities slightly in response to real combat permanently
Permanently Learned Boost+3 (Combat) <23>: Increases creation's combat abilities decently in response to real combat permanently
Permanently Learned Boost+4 (Combat) <64>: Increases creation's combat abilities significantly in response to real combat permanently
Educational Near-Death Experiences+1 <2>: Increases creation's combat abilities marginally in response to a real near-death experience
Educational Near-Death Experiences+2 <4>: Increases creation's combat abilities slightly in response to a real near-death experience
Educational Near-Death Experiences+3 <8>: Increases creation's combat abilities decently in response to a real near-death experience
Gravity Tolerance+1 <3>: Extends creation's range of comfortable/healthy acceleration to 4G
Gravity Tolerance+2 <9>: Extends creation's range of comfortable/healthy acceleration to 8G
Gravity Tolerance+3 <27>: Extends creation's range of comfortable/healthy acceleration to 16G
Gravity Tolerance+4 <81>: Extends creation's range of comfortable/healthy acceleration to 32G
Disease Resistance+1 <1.3>: Reduces chance of catching disease slightly
Disease Resistance+2 <1.7>: Reduces chance of catching disease decently
Disease Resistance+3 <2.2>: Reduces chance of catching disease fairly
Disease Resistance+4 <2.9>: Reduces chance of catching disease a lot
Anti-Evil Field <9>: Passively harms evil and [Evil] beings within 3m/yd slightly

FallacyofUrist:
Plot Bane <50>: Extra bonus for conflict (physical or otherwise) with Unique things but may do an assortment of funny things to the timeline (which mostly doesn't matter anyway)
Optionally, sending another Unique in could also do the trick

Rolepgeek:
Linking the fragments of the city:
2E for a small people-transporter
5E for bulk cargo gates
Mass transit: 0-1E depending on the exact design (moving stuff around in what is essentially your body is quite cheap)
Self-maintaining: Yes, about as much as a normal tree is self-maintaining. You may optionally (for free) detail that crews of centrally controlled or autonomous mindless golems go around patching things up and expanding if it sounds more interesting, though.

Happy Demon:
Unnamed creatures: [Affinity (San K'ruppt)] [Charismatic-1 <0.9>] [Combat-1 <0.7>] [Fear+1 <1.1>] [Fruitful+1 <1.1>] [Intelligence-3 <0.5>] [Lifespan-2 <0.7>] [Magic resistance-4 <0.5>] [Protection+2 <1.2>] [Single gendered <0.6>] [Size-2] [Speed-1 <0.8>] [Undetectable <10>] [Unworshipful <0.5>] [USB <1.2>] [Weaponspace+1 <1.3>] = Avg. 0.6E/1000

TheBiggerFIsh:
Law drones: [Lawful] [Will Be Back <5>] [Affinity (Lawmancy/Nomosurgy/Magical Lawyering)] = 5E/1000
I hope you don't intend to make a band of highly effective roving psychopaths :P

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: August 23, 2015, 12:04:06 am »

Afterlife on page 24, moon on tick 2 (38)

You can 'link' post by clicking the quote button in the post you want to link and then copying the quote box to a post in this thread.

Also, I don't see a moon that hasn't already been put into the bestiary. Query, are all Jeskia actually on the moon? If so, that whole action about the Djinn trading with them is pretty much impossible.

$$$
Magori: Ogori with intermediate affinity for Ritual Magic. The Djinn temporarily possess them/other ogori to communicate with them. 1000 individuals. 4.2E? (3[Magical Plant]x1.4[Affinity+1])
Animancy: soul manipulation. What is the actual E cost of this? Would like to keep Glummer/Whimsy as separate schools.

You may have missed this.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: August 23, 2015, 12:05:26 am »

Educational Near-Death Experiences+1 <2>: Increases creation's combat abilities marginally in response to a real near-death experience
I was actually asking the price for this where the near-death experience is a result of combat. Nearly dying of disease wouldn't increase the being's combat abilities.

Disease Resistance+1 <1.3>: Reduces chance of catching disease slightly
Disease resistance was not what I was asking about. Let me give you an example of what I was asking about: A person has never caught tuberculosis. One day, the same person catches smallpox but eventually survives and no longer has smallpox any more. Because small pox is more deadly than TB, the person is now immune to TB and any other diseases less deadly than smallpox.

Andres:
Rulership+1 <1.2>: Increases creation's ability to rule, best up to a group size in the hundreds
This is actually relevant to the recent poll. Should the numbers of mortals go up, will the effects of this trait go up without increasing cost? The pricing seems balanced for current numbers.

I'd also like to ask about upgrades in general. For an example, let's take Lolohe. Lolohe is an angel worth 0.5E. If I created him with the Rulership+1 trait, his worth would've been 0.6E and my chance of having to pay for him would've increased. I have already created him and he lacks the Rulership trait. If I were to give him the Rulership+1 trait, would I have to pay 0.1E or 0.6E for the upgrade?

$$$
Price check on the ability of a race or being to determine what race another being is
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 12:08:43 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: August 23, 2015, 12:17:26 am »

Holy crap thanks KJP for that, my job is gonna get infinitely easier with that. And what do you mean by  zero population races, is there such a thing in the game? Or are you talking of races that only exist as a pricecheck yet?
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: August 23, 2015, 12:18:45 am »

Disease resistance was not what I was asking about. Let me give you an example of what I was asking about: A person has never caught tuberculosis. One day, the same person catches smallpox but eventually survives and no longer has smallpox any more. Because small pox is more deadly than TB, the person is now immune to TB and any other diseases less deadly than smallpox.

...So you want to give diseases power levels now?

And Andres, if you end up making Saiyan expies, Ill end up reenacting their destruction...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: August 23, 2015, 12:22:08 am »

Wooh! Yay! I was thinking what amounts to a magic and/or mechanical subway system and/or train network or the like. But in any case; sweet. I can be a trade hub and be amazo-city. I do like the autonomous/controlled worker golems idea, but at the same time I like the idea of graffiti just being eaten by the wall and/or turned into propaganda...meh. I'll see, I guess.

Anyway. I should probably Price Check my Enforcers at some point, shouldn't I...

Hmmm...what to give them....

$$$Price Check

[Mechanical] Trait: Does more or less what you would think it would do, I think
[Soul-Bound] Trait: Requires externally created/found souls to be bound into them in order to be sapient/functional
[Regenerative] Trait: Creation repairs/heals self quickly if not damaged sufficiently (different levels would change speed and amount of damage threshold before it's truly 'dead', most likely)
[Coordination]/[Teamwork]/[What's Gonna Work] Trait: Works more effectively in teams/groups, able to coordinate effectively
[Team Leader] Trait: What it sounds like
[Perceptive] Trait: Also what it sounds like
[Protection+3/+4]? What types of protection would this essentially be? Magical?
[??] Trait: Multiple souls are bound/make up the mind/soul of this being, effectively giving it multiple minds to process things faster and react more quickly, but also probably making it somewhat mildly insane.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: August 23, 2015, 12:24:05 am »

@KJP:Why do I feel like there's a Terminator expy waiting to happen...

$$$MOREPRICECHECK

Also, no reproduction and no worship on those, along with teleport/limited foresight/Knowledge:Legal+(alltheknowledge) results in...
((Mostly because that was the plan.))
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 12:28:33 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: August 23, 2015, 12:29:58 am »

And Andres, if you end up making Saiyan expies, Ill end up reenacting their destruction...
Trust me, I have no intention of making Saiyan expies. If I was, I'd have also asked about transformations (Great Ape/Super Saiyan) and decreased ageing. Also, I wouldn't try sneaking an Erstatz under KJP. Doing so is wrong and expies aren't that expensive to make anyway.

[??] Trait: Multiple souls are bound/make up the mind/soul of this being, effectively giving it multiple minds to process things faster and react more quickly, but also probably making it somewhat mildly insane.
This shouldn't be its own trait. There are many variations of what you're describing. It could be a kind of hive mind with fast processes but no individuality, it could be insanity as you said, it could be very low levels of intelligence but high levels of power and sanity, it could be one soul being dominant and using the others for power, and it could be one soul being dominant and using the others for processing.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: August 23, 2015, 12:33:09 am »

So what would you suggest using as Subtraits, Andres? Because the method is probably at least somewhat important. I half plan on just mashing souls together and sticking them in, after all.

There's no way that can end badly, right? Having a mildly insane mechanical death machine police force?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 241