Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Astra Militarum (Warhammer 40,000 SG)  (Read 4758 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Astra Militarum (Warhammer 40,000 SG)
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2015, 02:41:45 pm »

Respond with "I have no name. I am just..alive."

An then answer with the following after whatever he or she says

"Where did my power come from? I was in a battle a minute ago. A guards man was running away with a demon chasing him. I shot the demon and it stayed there looking at me before it attacked. Then a flash of fire from my hand happened and it left towards the direction of..something.

I woke up going to fight for my comrades against traitors following some woman an then I got a headache. You know everything I know right now so please tell me who you really are and then i'll follow you."

Stay where we are and look around to see our old battalion.
-1 only because i have a feeling that his would lean us so much closer to heretic branding.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2015, 02:47:40 pm »

"Gareth Johnson is my name, and burning shooting heretics my game."

Ultra tough aren't you? Matt Ward Approves :p

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2015, 02:55:03 am »

"Gareth Johnson is my name. Shooting heretics is my game!"

Lord Lunos raises an eyebrow bemusedly. "Ah. A warrior and a poet, I see! We have much in common, then, Gareth Johnson." He waddles off, and you see clearly now that his leg has been recently amputated, replaced with a bionic leg.

He manages to reach the recaf machine, albeit slowly and strangely, and pours two cups. He passes one to you, and takes a sip of the other. "Normally I'd have my slaves do that, but this is too important for their ears." He puts his recaf down as you continue sipping from yours. Its the best drink you've ever tasted, considering you've only ever tasted water.

"Gareth, the Betelgeuse 42nd need a hero. A saint. A savior. Call it what you will, but we need someone to embolden our men and strike fear into the enemy! Much like you just did."

You choke on your recaf. "M-Me? B-But that was an accident, my lord. I-I'm not sure-"

"You have to be." Lunos swaps his placating, soothing face with a mask of stern stone. "Truth is, we're losing. Losing ground, losing lives, and losing loyalty. You saw what happened; the Archenemy has divided the Guard, Gareth. That witch Blackworship has spies seeded among the company. My assistant is working on that.

"But you, I have another job for you. The men think you've been sent by the Emperor to defeat His enemies, to lead His Hammer against the Archenemy. Even if you aren't, the effect is still there. You are a rallying point. You are a beacon. You will be the Champion of Betelgeuse."

Whisked away from the medicae, much to Amelia the chirurgeon's protests, you find yourself in Lord Lunos' personal chamber. Servitors and slaves alike scatter and scuttle in the cavernous palace he calls his 'wardrobe'. Shining ornaments, dazzling dresses and intricate, artificer armor adorn the engraved walls.

"The Champion of Betelgeuse must of course look the part. Forgive my bluntness, but you look like every other guardsman, frankly." He inspects various attires while attended to by well-dressed and pompous slaves.

"Tell me, how would you like the Champion to look? I'm sure we can come up with something. Not to brag, but, I do like to keep my wardrobe well-stocked."
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2015, 05:16:35 am »

Let's dress like a hive gangster, so the guard will feel like anybody can become strong, even though that's a lie, we just won the genetic lottery.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2015, 05:25:48 am »

Practical but obviously an officer. Shiny.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2015, 09:26:17 am »

Choose something that's practical and guardsman-like, but with something extra that shows authority and commands respect. Perhaps carpace armor in combination with a cape and fancy hat? Make sure the cape has bright colors and a big aquilla on one side, and camo patterns on the other, so we can choose appropriately according to need.

Can we also ask weapons? If yes, good ol' chainsword+boltpistol is always good, and maybe a hellgun as primary weapon? And grenades, combead and such of course.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 09:36:23 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2015, 10:34:56 am »

Practical but obviously an officer. Shiny.
With the bolter we took from the commissar at our side. +1.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2015, 11:53:34 am »

Let's dress like a hive gangster, so the guard will feel like anybody can become strong, even though that's a lie, we just won the genetic lottery.
+1 to this
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2015, 04:22:32 pm »

Choose something that's practical and guardsman-like, but with something extra that shows authority and commands respect. Perhaps carpace armor in combination with a cape and fancy hat? Make sure the cape has bright colors and a big aquilla on one side, and camo patterns on the other, so we can choose appropriately according to need.

Can we also ask weapons? If yes, good ol' chainsword+boltpistol is always good, and maybe a hellgun as primary weapon? And grenades, combead and such of course.

Changing to this, +1.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2015, 04:28:26 pm »

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2015, 04:34:14 pm »

Gold Eagle on a chain? Illustrate that just to help me conceptualize.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2015, 04:56:01 pm »

Plus 1 to the carapace with a cape and hat! Glory to The Corpse God Emperor!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2015, 05:09:08 pm »

Some thing like this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2015, 06:16:46 pm »

Some thing like this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That'd be pretty bad ass as a necklace type thing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5