Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Astra Militarum (Warhammer 40,000 SG)  (Read 4765 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Astra Militarum (Warhammer 40,000 SG)
« on: August 11, 2015, 07:44:58 am »

((That's right, I used Astra Militarum.))

You stand alone, in a sea of death and despair, a prayer to the God-Emperor half-formed on your lips. Your squad had fallen, your Commisar lying cleanly halved on the marsh, while the cultists melded into the shadowy gloom. Now, you stand alone. Lasgun in hand, you stand alone. It repeats as a mantra, lodged firmly into your mind.

Your mantra repeats and repeats, the only sound in the deathly silent marshlands. The fog envelops you. The mantra repeats. The cold embraces you. Struggling, the mantra repeats. Death awaits you. The mantra-

A noise erupts from the silence: a noise otherwise faint and piteous, but in the emptiness it reverberates like a drum. A footstep. Your eyes, barely working, are still loyal to you, and through them you see a faint form of a man running, and behind him.... The shape behind him is to painful to contemplate.

The man and the shape are coming closer, though they seem to be unaware of you. Do you run to help your guardsman? Or do you use this divine intervention to escape from an otherwise damned fate?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Astra Militarum (Warhammer 40,000 SG)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 09:16:37 am »

Lets go help him.
For the God-Emperor!
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 09:21:15 am »

Open fire on the shape with your lasgun. The Emperor protects, and the Guard are his sword.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 09:58:48 am »

Open fire on the shape with your lasgun. The Emperor protects, and the Guard are His hammer.

Post to watch, and to ftfy  :P

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 10:02:18 am »

Open fire on the shape with your lasgun. The Emperor protects, and the Guard are his BehnBlehdOnnaStikk.
re-ftfy
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 10:04:47 am »

Open fire on the shape with your lasgun. The Emperor protects, and the Guard are his BehnBlehdOnnaStikk.
re-ftfy

You didn't capitalise 'his'. Do you doubt the divinity of our most Holy Emperor of Mankind? Blasphemy!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 10:06:50 am »

Defying mortal fear, you raise your lasgun, utter scripture, and let hot las fly. It hits its mark, dead center in where you'd think its head would be. It stops and sniffs, or it looks like it is. The fleeing guardsman, temporarily taken aback by this apparent divine intervention, takes his chance and scrambles to where he saw the shot come from: you.

The ambling shape that is the fellow guardsman slowly comes into view, solidifying through the heavy fog. His face is frantic and full of fear, but a heady calm possesses you. The calm before the storm. The calm before death.

Behind the bloodied, muddied face of the guardsman, is a face words cannot describe. Reality is offended by its presence, and the air around it burns with defiance. A tingling sensation trickles through your fingertips. In a mixture of instinct, fate and chance, your arms outstretch and blast the thing away.

"No...." Your Curse is resurfacing. The Warp-suffused marsh seems to push out the psyker in you. The thing, stunned, looks at you with renewed ravenous hunger, now aware of your true nature. "No!"

Your hands eschew multi-hued flames once more, and the thing is wrapped in dancing fire. It retreats into the mist. The splash of footsteps echoes behind you: the guardsman you saved is running away.

If he told the others that you were an unsanctioned psyker, you'd be executed, or worse. You could end him, now and here, a simple shot to the back. Or you could let the Death World's fauna and flora take him. But would you risk that chance? Or would you risk your honor and soul by killing your comrade?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 11:07:38 am »

Let the Death World's fauna and flora take him

Relax the rear guard will shoot him, Not one step back! The comrades God-Emperor us!.

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 11:17:16 am »

Finish him. We can't give him the chance to report us.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 11:24:47 am »

((That's right, I used Astra Militarum.))
You're an evil, evil man.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 11:25:15 am »

Let the Death World's fauna and flora take him

Relax the rear guard will shoot him, Not one step back! The comrades God-Emperor us!.
+1.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 11:43:03 am »

Kill him.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 11:50:17 am »

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 11:55:24 am »

What's so bad about killing him? Why make his death uncertain by leaving him to the Death World's environment, when we have a perfectly serviceable lasgun in our hands?
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2015, 11:59:09 am »

What's so bad about killing him? Why make his death uncertain by leaving him to the Death World's environment, when we have a perfectly serviceable lasgun in our hands?
The commisar halves may rise and shoot us for being heretic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5