Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164170 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #2370 on: October 11, 2016, 09:16:40 pm »

Akras can create cyborgs. How are they powered?
Miniaturized internal fusion reactors lined with MKII Heatsink Stone. Aka the second iteration of the stone intended to be a stepping stone for the Well of Souls project.

Could the reactor be designed to release radiation on command?

If Khaiden becomes an Undead Cyborg he'd be immune to the radiation but it would affect nearby enemies. He'd need anti-radiation foam afterward to avoid affecting allies, so it would be a last-resort.
You would not want to release the rads. Cause you'd also be releasing the raw heat. and as a result, melting the thing for closing it.

You would burn up in a tactical level thermonuclear fire.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: October 11, 2016, 09:22:20 pm »

At the end of the day, does it really matter?

An SMG is defined as something which uses pistol ammunition. A 5.56 round is a rifle round. .45 is (usually) a pistol round. The two are non-comparable. One is meant to be fired at long range (5.56) and the other at short.

Actually I was referring to the 5.7x28, which you insisted that in-game was 5.56. Regardless, it's also a pistol round, used both in the FN Five-Seven and the P-90 SMG.

And no, I really don't care about what it's called or what number is appended to it in-game, but seeing people automatically assume that a bigger slug (specially the .45) must be better than a smaller modern cartridge ticks me off; it's like seeing people misuse the word "literally", or saying "irregardless"*.
It makes my pedantry sense bristle, or something like that.

*(Well done, Kevak, you managed to stop that wordcrime!)
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: October 11, 2016, 09:25:35 pm »

OK.

When the pseudo-phylacteries are ready would it be feasible to create a way of launching them out of the host's body if the body became too damaged to retreat after death? Include a tracking beacon and it would be an extra precaution to avoid death.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: October 11, 2016, 09:27:10 pm »

Theoretically yes.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: October 11, 2016, 09:29:52 pm »

I feel like what I said was ignored....no matter, I can just hope and wait for something to happen that I can do and wont miss....
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: October 11, 2016, 09:31:30 pm »

I feel like what I said was ignored....no matter, I can just hope and wait for something to happen that I can do and wont miss....
To my knowledge nothing was asked of ye.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: October 11, 2016, 09:32:25 pm »

I'm sorry, I didn't know I was interrupting.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: October 11, 2016, 09:43:37 pm »

How many native speakers of a language would Khaiden have to devour the souls of to speak that language?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: October 11, 2016, 09:44:47 pm »

Seeing how he doesn't have any specialized ritual for knowledge acquisition? A very very very very Very large amount. Thousands minimum.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2379 on: October 11, 2016, 09:48:42 pm »

https://www.reddit.com/r/guns/comments/23x32e/why_didnt_57x28_replace_9mm/
Maegil. Read this.
In particular: "A decorated, experienced SWAT officer at a U.S. LE agency that has had multiple OIS incidents with 5.7 mm FN P90's has written the following--note that his comments equally apply to the 4.6 mm MP7
”The 5.7 pistol as a carry gun is a mistake. There are far more effective weapons and ammunition combinations out there. The only factor that comes close to equalizing the P90 (not the 5.7 pistol) is it's full auto capability: 900 rpm of very controllable fire. Even this advantage is limited to close-in, CQB type engagements. I can put more rounds on target faster with the P90 than with my M4 in close contact engagements. Unfortunately you may HAVE to put more rounds in the threat due to the lack of damage the projectile causes. The 5.56 is far more effective at getting the attention of men than 5.7 mm. This is not speculation. We have been using 30 P90's for five years now. There have been multiple BG's shot with them. We will not be buying more 5.7 mm or other small caliber PDW systems”
"
And one thing you miss in your equations earlier.
A fast thin bullet has a better chance of getting inside than a slow thick slug.
pressure=Force/Area.
A=pi . r^2
A(.45) = pi . 11.43^2 = pi . 130.6449
A(5.56mm) = pi . 5.56^2 = pi . 30.9136

130.6449/30.9136=4.2261

The .45 has more than four times the area of the 5.56. If the .45 has twice the force of the 5.56, it still effects only half the pressure.
At the point of impact, the area of each bullet is the same - 0, at the tip of the bullet. This is where the shape of a bullet comes in. The amount that a bullet slows down by depends on the density of an object. multiple tests show that the .45 is indeed enough to pen body armor.

From this website: https://looserounds.com/2013/04/08/a-look-at-the-9mm-vs-45-debate-some-common-sense/
"If you run across body armor that will defeat a 45 or 40, round with a steel core, or a pointed design, it is going to stop any other handgun round as well"
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: October 11, 2016, 09:48:50 pm »

Does knowing Arcanism/Necromancy/Souls make it easier to grasp Occultism/Necromancy/Souls?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: October 11, 2016, 09:50:47 pm »

Does knowing Arcanism/Necromancy/Souls make it easier to grasp Occultism/Necromancy/Souls?
Nope. Different perception routes. However they Do sync and as a result will end in more efficient/powerful spells.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: October 12, 2016, 12:47:43 pm »

Spoiler: Ratodx Tamoren (click to show/hide)

I'll try to keep a record of Squad Funds in my sheet as well, just to keep more paper trails on it.

Ratodx would care significantly more about the ease of access of so many vital resources and comforts, but right now he's rather bothered by the ringing monkey screams that he hopes won't follow along into his dreams.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 08:28:55 pm by somemildmanneredidiot »
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: October 12, 2016, 04:36:50 pm »

Wait, Reserti got 25 credits? Was that for all recruits, because I only saw 2.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2384 on: October 12, 2016, 04:37:30 pm »

((Everyone got 25 credits, Reserti only spent six of them. On what, I can't recall, but it's in my sheet))
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 204