Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164326 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #1890 on: October 04, 2016, 06:45:30 pm »

Post a new updated sheet.

A stat point costs 5 xp.
2 vigor costs 1 statpoint
2 hp costs 1 statpoint

A level in an easy skill costs 1xp
A level in an average skill costs 2xp
A level in a hard skill costs 3xp
A level in a very hard skill costs 4xp

Also do Occultism>Ritualism>Warding.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: October 04, 2016, 06:50:35 pm »

I updated the sheet. Thanks Kev-senpai.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: October 04, 2016, 09:49:51 pm »

Spoiler: Dexter (click to show/hide)
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: October 04, 2016, 10:01:12 pm »

Maegil you've just about earned yourself a loyal lieutenant til we're more formally processed into a squad. While he won't be pleased about the flash banging, repairing the damage and enacting the things that'll lead to him having his own free will (within confines of Akras corporate guide lines) again will definitely get Amadou sorted into the "Not-Bad Boss" list.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: October 04, 2016, 10:59:44 pm »

I don't think that Amadou is going to have many problems as squad leader when it comes to loyalty considering that he is the only one that has both the ability and standing to be squad leader. I don't think Arkas really trusts Gaians enough to give them positions of command until they prove themselves. That and Amadou is generally a likable character. It will be interesting to see some relationships develop between members of the squad though.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 11:27:55 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1895 on: October 04, 2016, 11:32:07 pm »

What's everyone's opinions of Reserti?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: October 04, 2016, 11:34:27 pm »

What?
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1897 on: October 04, 2016, 11:39:49 pm »

What?
My Elf. Bird-archer. Ended up getting an arrow stuck in someone's back
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: October 04, 2016, 11:46:24 pm »

Khaiden didn't see it. He's sees others in terms of what they offer him and whether he likes them, with the former taking precedence over the latter, so he's indifferent when it comes to Reserti.

He won't kill him unless Akras says to but he won't help him beyond it helping Khaiden.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: October 05, 2016, 03:16:09 am »

I don't think that Amadou is going to have many problems as squad leader when it comes to loyalty considering that he is the only one that has both the ability and standing to be squad leader. I don't think Arkas really trusts Gaians enough to give them positions of command until they prove themselves. That and Amadou is generally a likable character. It will be interesting to see some relationships develop between members of the squad though.

Agreed on all points.

Ratodx's opinion is summed as "Looks like he can kill with that bow and is an elf, but apparently didn't hold the microwave incident against me, so try not to piss him off too much." Which is basically his opinion of roughly half the party at the moment. Replace elf with human and the bit about the bow with alternative means of death bringing as necessary. In retrospect, when it comes to individuals (regardless of race) a fair amount of Ratodx's thought process is, will they be trying to kill me eventually? Which makes sense historically. Otherwise, the two haven't interacted enough for Ratodx to have opinions on Reserti. Well, besides judging his lack of blood cleaning up skills, but that's just residual stuff from my last job of 2 years.

Ratodx is also unaware of the arrow in the back.

My thoughts on Reserti sum up to the following: "Oh hey, someone who can kill things without massive magic use, nioce. Man, when we end up at the elven village where his lost love is, there are going to be soooo many Wasps there or something else to make it tragic. I mean, we might as well have a cut away scene to the love looking wistfully at a picture of Reserti to put emphasis that the two are never going to actually meet again."

I seriously think that Reserti's side quest of being reunited with his love is going to go soooo wrong that it'll only be funny because I called it and I get off on me being right in relation to storylines and tropes. For his sake, I hope it doesn't, but I do not expect many happy times in Reserti's future.

As a character, I'd say that he's a bold choice for this setting and this game. I haven't seen a lost love plot used for a character for a while, let alone for a multiplanet scifi dystopia/fantasy dystopia crossover. It's a gutsy move and I can appreciate that. I don't really expect many plots besides characters trying to achieve ambitions of various sorts, so a Romeo and Juliet plot is an interesting change of pace. Though now I wouldn't be surprised if vkiNm switched Juliet for Tybalt and Reserti ends up having to murder the one he loves. So many delightful ways for the reunion arc to go wrong, I almost can't wait!
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1900 on: October 05, 2016, 03:36:51 am »

Knowing vkiNm's previous handling of a quest for love (Incidentally also my character, Zach), I'd say your guesses are going to be pretty accurate. I mean, hey, Zach ended up with a knife in his throat last time he went looking for love. Granted that the person doing the stabbing was literally somebody he used to be acquainted with who was actually an assassin from a criminal underworld dubbed 'The Circus' (which Zach used to be in the middle circle of) and not a childhood love interest Like Iulwen (If anyone wants to tell me how to get the forwardslashey accent above the u I would be very happy).

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: October 05, 2016, 03:43:48 am »

The methods as described by google have been ineffective. I recommend tracking down the symbol and then copy paste it everywhere.

How is the Sith-a-like doing in game? I haven't quite caught up yet.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1902 on: October 05, 2016, 04:07:55 am »

He's got roughly the same level a Sith apprentice would have had and is experimenting on getting him a clone army. The army in question happen to be the aforementioned Wasps. Once he figures out how to manipulate the hivemind, he's going to take it over backed by hundreds of monkey souls, with more souls on standby should they be needed.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: October 05, 2016, 06:36:01 am »

Ended up getting an arrow stuck in someone's back

Lol that's me
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: October 05, 2016, 11:40:04 am »

Therefore, it's my recommendation that that agent training on memetic entities is reinforced, and that this case is used in said training as an example.

Grammar check. Otherwise, you may or may not want to mention Ratodx being high after being flash banged, but that's your call. Anything else I'll mention is basically word choice.

Melnakos pleaded to be allowed to try to lead

Requested might work as well there and sounds slightly more professional, but it's not a necessary change.

The Ratodx in me wants to have the report edited slightly to make Amadou look more competent and rephrase the areas where mistakes were made to make them look less like mistakes, but being able to recognize mistakes and own up to them is a competency in and of itself which will hopefully be recognized.

____

Ended up getting an arrow stuck in someone's back

Lol that's me

In retrospect, we're quite lucky that the apparent fragmentation effect didn't go off once it made contact with Dexter's back.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 204