Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390571 times)

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Into the Trees)
« Reply #4980 on: August 05, 2016, 11:25:31 pm »

Zander will also remove his mask and beckon the wiznerd with the language tablet to follow. Zander will then approach the old man who shot him and kneel down across from him, staring at him for a second trying to gauge the man.

"Can you understand me at all, old man? If you can, speak so that may understand what you're saying." If he doesn't seem to understand, ptomaine with our hand for him to talk.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4981 on: August 05, 2016, 11:47:44 pm »

"Never have I hated my own body more than I do now," Zach says. "Also, if we keep the girl's mother alive, we could sacrifice a cloned virgin for her back at base, right?"

"Oh, and I'm still getting that reading from my powers. We need to evac sooner rather than later. All I know is that we're no longer the predator here. Something or someone is out there, more powerful than us, and they're getting closer."
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 12:21:07 am by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: August 06, 2016, 01:06:28 am »

Kyoko not having more important orders at the moment would help the techies with the drones and hopefully speed up the processes of basic maintenance. 

Your help is much appreciated and it does makes basic maintenance faster. Go you!

There was very little more for Vigil to do but continue trying to look after the young girl. He would offer her the chocolate, opening it up for her and taking off a small piece, putting it in his mouth to show her it is food, and handing it to her to do what she wants, trying hard to keep her as calm and happy as possible. Even humming softly to her, a slow and mournful song that he had once heard long ago.

People have calmed down somewhat, and the weak child eats the offered candy and juice. She's still sad and angry, but she's eating and isn't trying to bite your fingers off anymore.

"Guys put that woman down. Its for the best. And Tal? You back the fuck off of these people for the rest of the mission"

Frazz will then basically plant himself between the Plebes and Satan Tal. He will also examine the Plebes closer. Do a headcount, ask for names ((using the basic 'point at self, say name' method))

The woman was already let go, there's no need to hold her anymore anyway, three of her limbs aren't working. You try asking for names, and it's a bit of a struggle at first, but you've come to learn names of the fifty two survivors including the sacrificed lady, remembering them is up to you. The villagers seems to be more willing to talk to you after some name-exchanging but you still don't understand them.

What do you even plan to do anyway?

Zander will also remove his mask and beckon the wiznerd with the language tablet to follow. Zander will then approach the old man who shot him and kneel down across from him, staring at him for a second trying to gauge the man.

"Can you understand me at all, old man? If you can, speak so that may understand what you're saying." If he doesn't seem to understand, ptomaine with our hand for him to talk.

The old man talked, but you still couldn't understand. But Steve uses his Tablet to run some language learning and show the old man some pictures. "Apple." He said and press at the image of an apple before gesturing for the old man to do the same in his own language.

This might take a while..

Meanwhile, the weapon that the old man used is still easily within reach... as nobody picked it up yet.

"Never have I hated my own body more than I do now," Zach says. "Also, if we keep the girl's mother alive, we could sacrifice a cloned virgin for her back at base, right?"

"Oh, and I'm still getting that reading from my powers. We need to evac sooner rather than later. All I know is that we're no longer the predator here. Something or someone is out there, more powerful than us, and they're getting closer."

You can't be certain if the power is more or less powerful than you, only that it exists. Though that feeling of being stared at is already gone.. now you've learned how to detect stuff! yay you.

Wearing the arm and legs taken from dead people and powered by the vitality of a mother taken from her daughter kinda dampens that, though.. and speaking of which, you probably should tell Jon to amputate the arm and legs of the crying woman, leaving rotten limbs on her definitely isn't going to be healthy.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4983 on: August 06, 2016, 01:21:53 am »

"Amputate the rotten tissue, we'll get her and me proper limbs from back at base. I'm ready to go. I'm holding you to your promise, Tal. The child will be able to pick up my powers easily enough, I believe."
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: August 06, 2016, 02:16:23 am »

"In theory yes we can get her new limbs. In practice. That's for Akras to decide. If you wanna try to convice Akras to give her said limbs or pay for said limbs, be my guest. I really do not care if she does or does not regain limbs. The funds will not be coming from Foxhound's budget."

"I find it rather interesting however how quite literally none of you barring Frazz batted an eye when we desolated an entire district with a magical plague yet when something happens directly in front of you, you throw the adult equivalent of a tantrum."

"As for my promise? I said we'd get you a child when we get back. Specifically a cloned child bred with specific traits to be capable of utilizing your form of Arcanism and without the sheer murderous trauma this one has. Not this specific Very Angry and very certainly incapable child. Do you really think a random peasent child who wants to kill literally everyone here would A: Have the capacity to cast when there's very evidently a biological reason behind your capacity and B: Would be loyal? Fuck that. I don't allow loose ends to become dangerous. A properly suited apprentice specifically bred for such is a much better option for you. If ya want the kid to look similar? Sure. Same basic personality imprint? Sure. I don't fucking care. However we are Not. Under Any Circumstances. Empowering murderous children that quite literally watched us slaughter their entire village. You Must have watched or read sufficient fictional works to know that's one of the worst possible ideas you could come up with right?"

"Aaaanyways. Lets load up the people and then figure out how to load up the Kelpie. We have an megafauna insect hive to raid. Methinks shooting something trying to kill you will take your minds off this."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4985 on: August 06, 2016, 02:27:31 am »

"Zach. You can have the kid for training After it goes through basic training programs and learns Terran Common. Not before. Language barrier makes teaching a huge pain in the ass. That and the training programs should get them used to basic tech."

"Frazz. Cease. It's dead anyways."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: August 06, 2016, 02:32:33 am »

"Basic training programs notably include fairly lengthy corporate indoctrination. To be blunt it's faster to just clone. That and language barrier and patient total inability of the child to cast."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4987 on: August 06, 2016, 02:40:07 am »

"Did the mother of the clone go through that pain because of me? No. Leave the matter of ethics to those who have them, Tal. I don't owe a clone or the mother of a clone anything. I am willing to shoulder the entire expense of the child's upbringing from my pay."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: August 06, 2016, 02:45:05 am »

"I am going to make it very clear for you Zach since you don't seem to grasp it. You are not raising the child. You are not qualified to raise said child. Its mother is alive. Said mother has priority for it is their child and not yours.  Currently you are trying to take said child away from its mother for Dead Gods knows what reason. If you want a kid. You can have a Clone. Clones are self sufficient for the most part and I'm rather certain your form of arcanism requires a Genetic trait. I don't trust you to be capable of handling something as delicate as raising a child to not be a murderous psychopath. Especially because you intend to teach it how to cast."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4989 on: August 06, 2016, 02:48:05 am »

"Tal. I'm telling you, I can feel the child's power. Here's an ultimatum. I get the kid, or I leave Akras."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: August 06, 2016, 02:52:30 am »

"One, Zack, You are not touching this child." Vigil said into his helmet, straining to hear the coversation insueing in his ear.
"You try, and I will kill you myself. Quickly, so you won't have a chance to become stronger from your powers, like last time. Two, Tal. When did we do that?"
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: August 06, 2016, 02:56:53 am »

"You are aware of corporate policies regarding the retirement of those who are aware of sensitive information correct? You are free to make the attempt. Have fun with the mountain of paperwork. And the multiple surgeries."

"You are not in the Position to make ultimatums. And to be blunt? I'm mildly tempted to simply shoot the child to remove the focus of your tantrum. It would be the easiest way to deal with your behavior. However I am refraining from doing such. Here's a real Ultimatum. Since you fairly clearly don't grasp that there's a mother who the child belongs to.
Go research and write a fourty two page report on why you are more suitable for parenthood then the child's current mother. If I deem it suitable. You may have the child. Until then. Cease."

"When did we do what Vigil? Context please."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: August 06, 2016, 03:00:04 am »

"Send a plague into. . . Whatever you said it was. . . A district. Wait. . . Why would we do that? What would you have to gain?"
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: August 06, 2016, 03:05:25 am »

"We erradicated PETA Vigil. With an arcane plague of giggling undead. It was in the news if I recall. Last I heard, a few opportunitists bought sections of the district for dirt cheap and started several corporations around hunting the remaining, no longer virulant undead. They are quite literally renting out guns to those who can pay and taking them on zombie hunting safaris. I mean. Not only is there fucktons of semivaluable loot in there, but the murderhobos who would normally swarm at a place of desolation have been cleared out by the undead. Perfect breeding grounds for a corporation to form."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4994 on: August 06, 2016, 03:06:28 am »

"Send a plague into. . . Whatever you said it was. . . A district. Wait. . . Why would we do that? What would you have to gain?"
"Mr. I-couldn't-care-less-about-having-just-ripped-someone's-world-apart here is referring to when we turned a PETA complex into zombies."
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 612