Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390664 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Into the Trees)
« Reply #4755 on: July 10, 2016, 10:15:22 pm »

Kyoko helps Tal with the drones, since that's what she's good at, and its all she can really do right now.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: July 10, 2016, 10:22:51 pm »

Zach drops his bow and vaults onto the palisade with his powers, drawing both pistols. He shoots at the guard again. He observes what they have in the way of armor and shoots the easiest target that is the least protection with rubber bullets from the glock.

If the guard is sufficiently disabled, Zach will then hurl him off the palisade with his powers.

You dropped the bow and ran for the Palisade before using your powers to force-push the ground, sending you flying over the 2-stories high Palisade.

However, this being your first time actually doing it and with not having any Athletic-based skill to even have a general idea on how to land properly, this can only end badly. It doesn't help that you've recently became powerful and over-shot the Palisade entirely.

It ended worse when Frazz charges in and flies up, his wing beat pushing you even further away into the village than what your powers already managed, the draft adding to your velocity towards the ground.

You crashes into the hard ground painfully on your legs, the two abused limbs snapping like twigs and sent jagged bone pieces piercing out through your Enviro-suit, causing it to hiss as purified air escapes from it's air-tight seal.
Both of your pistols were dropped onto the ground a small crawl-distance away from you as agonizing pain shot up through your spine.

All your body knows is that you fell from somewhere very high and right now everything in your legs is wrong. It's bending in the wrong way!
To make it worse still, one of the Militia who armed himself and likely didn't see the bellowing dragon charges at you with his spear lowered, you're pretty sure your Armor plate can take it. But there are places where you don't have armor and getting stabbed by a spear likely isn't going to help your survival odds.

You're bleeding bad, and the pain is wrecking your body, but you still manage to cling onto your consciousness still.

[Spell cast success.]
[Spell power misfire.]
[NO LANDING SAVE.]
[Armor save moderate.]
[Taken good damage.]
[Legs disabled.]
[Heavy bleeding.]
[Will save success.]

Frazz charges in, rising above the palisade, blowing back the townspeople with his wing drafts and in general being majestic as fuck.

"Surrender and you shall not be harmed!"
You've made little effort charging in with amazing speed and kicking yourself into your air with your legs and wings, your bellow seems to cow a few of the villages as your draft blows a few of them away, including Zach. You see the man crashes into the ground like a ragdoll and his legs bent the wrong way, you think you can see exposed bones too.. Looks painful.

The guards on the wall sees you and fired their arrows at you, most of them bounced off of your scales, unable to pierce even your soft belly. A couple of them pierced through the membrane of your wings, however. It felt like some bastard stabbed you with a toothpick at your sensitive foot! You don't feel like it caused any problem for you yet.
[Minimal Damage taken.]
[Armor saves success.]

Kyoko helps Tal with the drones, since that's what she's good at, and its all she can really do right now.

It's nice having a second pair of hands directing the drones into positions, you help improving the Drone's terrain advantages.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 10:24:38 pm by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4757 on: July 10, 2016, 10:27:59 pm »

Fuck. Try and snap the approaching militia person's neck with my powers.

"I could use a little help here. Someone, I may need a drone."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: July 11, 2016, 12:10:36 am »

((Well I missed stuff. What's going on?

I'll explain Aria's lack of action as switching from her Gauss to her LMR because Gauss would be overkill))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: July 11, 2016, 12:16:58 am »

Kyoko continues helping tal as its still the only thing she can do being stuck in the massive fortress on wheels.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: July 11, 2016, 01:14:18 am »

"Danm it Zach! Aria! Gauss  two and a half feet above my head if I were standing exactly were I am. I need a hole. I need drone support over the wall, Tal!", Vigil shouted through his mic as he shook of off his disguise, and held his body low, crouched, ready to run and jump as soon as his entrance appeared, his ears held between two hands, hoping to keep his brains on the inside.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: July 11, 2016, 02:09:02 am »

"Vigil you can probably just slice through the door, go make an opening for the rest of us! And Frazz I wouldn't recommend napalming the place, or the whole place will go up!" Zander turns his attention to the guard hiding behind cover that Zach shot at. Put a few rounds through his cover until he's dead.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: July 11, 2016, 06:39:46 am »

Fuck. Try and snap the approaching militia person's neck with my powers.

"I could use a little help here. Someone, I may need a drone."

You reached out and try to snap the neck of the charging militiaman, but the pain at your legs were too damn high, keeping you distracted from casting your battle magic as it fizzled uselessly from your hand.

The Militiaman did not give you a chance to cast a second one, seeing you reaching your right hand out as if to cast some sorcery at him, he dives the spear into your hand! the blade-ona-stick dives itself through your glove that were never meant to be more protective than keeping your hand together in the event of it being hit and down the length of your arm, snapping it back from the force before it got stuck somewhere in your elbow. A whole new world of pain shoots through your body as you now have a spear effectively replace your arm from the elbow down, still being held by the man. He's just barely within Knife's reach, and is close enough that you could probably throw a knife like a girl at him and it'd still hit anyway. Miraculously, you still refuse to just drop down and let the darkness take you.

[Spell cast failed.]
[Enemy Critical hit.]
[Armor save failed.]
[Taken Good Damage.]
[Right arm disabled.]
[Legs Disabled.]
[Heavy Bleeding.]

[Will save success.]

((Well I missed stuff. What's going on?

I'll explain Aria's lack of action as switching from her Gauss to her LMR because Gauss would be overkill))
[The party is attacking a Medieval-ish village on this side of the gate. Zach got himself fucked up.]

You've got your LMR out and set up as you prone down and rest it on a bipod, now you can fire lead down range with better accuracy! not that recoil were ever a problem for a buff woman like you.

Kyoko continues helping tal as its still the only thing she can do being stuck in the massive fortress on wheels.

You help Tal maneuver the drones until they were practically surrounding this side of the wall, Maximus have been moving behind one of the drone and getting ready to burst through any opening it may cause. You could now effectively blast this entire side of the wall sky-high if you synchronize the Drone's under-slung 20mm cannons. Or drop every single one of the guards with a well-placed burst from it's MAG Rifles as you've helped on target finding.

This battle can end, right now. With a push of the button from either Tal or you.

"Danm it Zach! Aria! Gauss  two and a half feet above my head if I were standing exactly were I am. I need a hole. I need drone support over the wall, Tal!", Vigil shouted through his mic as he shook of off his disguise, and held his body low, crouched, ready to run and jump as soon as his entrance appeared, his ears held between two hands, hoping to keep his brains on the inside.

Despite shouting, there was still too many things going on for the Guards to notice you. It helps that they're lookup up at the dragon that's flying over them.
[Stealth Success.]

"Vigil you can probably just slice through the door, go make an opening for the rest of us! And Frazz I wouldn't recommend napalming the place, or the whole place will go up!" Zander turns his attention to the guard hiding behind cover that Zach shot at. Put a few rounds through his cover until he's dead.

You press the stock of your gun to your shoulder and aim down the sight, positive that you've got it over where the Guard is, you squeezed the trigger and sent 3 rounds bursting through. An instant later, that small section of the wall exploded into wood splinters and blood!

You didn't actually see if it hits or not, but judging by that arm that flew over the wall, you're pretty sure you got the guy.

[Accuracy Success.]
[Penetration Success.]

[CRITICAL HIT.]
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4763 on: July 11, 2016, 07:01:40 am »

Zach uses his powers to stab the guy with a knife while also using his good hand for the same purpose. If that fails, he'll use his powers to get the guy away from him.

Assuming Zach kept hold of a pistol with his non-injured hand, he will shoot the guy point blank with whichever one he retained.

If he didn't, he will slip a knife into the guy's ribs (or similar unarmored part) via method: throwing.

While he's doing this he'll moan into his microphone "Frazz, help."

A drone should get here any second, right?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 07:25:09 am by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: July 11, 2016, 07:11:23 am »

Screw this waiting and meticulous planning, Vigil will just run up to the palisade, use the natural unevenness of its parts to climb up, take out 'Betsy', and start hacking at hands until he sees the mess that Zach has gotten himself into, in which case he will lop off a head, as clean as possible.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: July 11, 2016, 07:11:56 am »

"Guys, i think they've got the point. We can probably stop firing now."
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: July 11, 2016, 07:14:59 am »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: July 11, 2016, 07:40:54 am »

"Frazz and Vigil. Assist Zach before he dies. He's a fucking idiot and got himself severely injured because he thought it was a good idea to jump a fucking wall. He's going to need immediate medical assistance and may die. What the hell Zach. I distinctly said "Stay in a group."

Drones are to go loud. Terminate all resistance. Prioritize encircling and preserving Zach's existance. He's valuable. If an utter moron.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: July 11, 2016, 08:18:13 am »

"Goddammit, Zach. I'm on my way. Try to not die."

Fire a rocket at the palisade and try to get to Zach. Take care to not get any friendlies within the blast radius. Start fixing Zach.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 08:49:50 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: July 11, 2016, 08:21:31 am »

((Sure that is a wise idea while you have someone running to said palisade? Who doesn't know that you are planning on firing a rocket right where he would be climbing?))

Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 612