Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 389148 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness (0/6)
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2015, 04:48:10 am »

Well why isn't the free pistol in the equipment list?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2015, 04:48:39 am »

I don't see why I'd need torso protection. It's not like I'm getting shot, stabbed, or exploded. It'd just weigh me down.

If you stay in the middle of the party, yeah. But you could be surrounded most of the times, and a torso protection could be a life saver. But then again, I guess that'd allow you to run around much faster than the rest of the party. :P
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2015, 04:50:23 am »

Well why isn't the free pistol in the equipment list?

The Free pistol is the first item on the equipment list, the 10mm PDW. It's a big, loud, cheap and powerful pistol that does it's job. Since you have STR10, you could use it with only a little penalty. Think of it like the Desert eagle, that beast recoils like nobody's business but whatever's hit by it will have a very bad day.

And it's Free! :D

*Edit*
Also, I guess you could ask the DM if you can have a modified version of the Tactical pistol with it's weapon selection removed so you can only fire normal rounds and not the explosive rounds and have it be 5☼? That'd make sense.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2015, 04:54:10 am »

So my only choices of pistol are a mini cannon and a deagle? That's too limited. There aught to be a smaller "normal" option.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2015, 05:02:24 am »

So my only choices of pistol are a mini cannon and a deagle? That's too limited. There aught to be a smaller "normal" option.

There is! The Duster 9x19mm. A 30 rounds machine pistol that requires only 8STR to wield, One of the most cost-efficient weapons I'd think. Since a 30 rounds mag costs only 1*! You can find it under the tactical pistol. The pistol itself costs 10*, though. Probably due to it's high ammo count.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2015, 05:11:08 am »

A machine pistol isn't what I'd normally call normal. Any Glock or Beretta equivalents?

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2015, 05:15:38 am »

A machine pistol isn't what I'd normally call normal. Any Glock or Beretta equivalents?

well, to be fair. The Duster would be like the equivalents of a Glock with 30 rounds magazine. You don't have to shoot it on full-auto, of course. :P

Plus I really don't see the reason as to why someone would take a 12 - 15 rounds 9mm that fires only on single shots into the Castle, I mean, we could shave the Duster's cost to 5* and have it's magazine be 15 rounds each and have it cost 1* for 2 magazines? That'd make it become a 'normal' pistol equivalent to a Glock or Beretta.

We could do that if you'd like? :D

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2015, 05:26:46 am »

Then the Beretta would cost more than the free SMG. A Beretta ought to make sense by being a free, lightweight backup weapon.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2015, 05:43:20 am »

Why do half of the tech specializations have seemingly no use? I can't see any equipment that pairs with Sensors for example.

Also why do half of the equipments say "Free" and then have a price immediately after?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2015, 05:50:48 am »

Also why do half of the equipments say "Free" and then have a price immediately after?
The first one is free and any after costs.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2015, 05:51:23 am »

Ah.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2015, 05:52:20 am »

Then the Beretta would cost more than the free SMG. A Beretta ought to make sense by being a free, lightweight backup weapon.

The Beretta, costing 5*, will be half the price of the free SMG, which have the cost of 10*.

It's just not standard-issued, that's all. :P

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2015, 05:53:15 am »

Why do half of the tech specializations have seemingly no use? I can't see any equipment that pairs with Sensors for example.
Would be nice to have IR or motion sensing stuff.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2015, 06:02:10 am »

Would be nice to have IR or motion sensing stuff.

We'll have to ask the DM to stat it out for us. I'm assuming that the Scientist could use some sort of a omni-sensor kind of thing that senses movement and the likes? maybe it'll show up on all of your HUDs too! That'd be pretty cool.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2015, 06:03:33 am »

I would think a scientist would sorta Need a sensor suite. They are afterall, trying to record anything and everything.

* Kevak maaaay be making a scientist.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 612