Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 389088 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness (0/6)
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2015, 07:58:43 pm »

Wait, are there classes somewhere in the rulebook?
No, but your stat choice influences what your char will be (high int characters are doctors [M or Ph], high dex characters are snipers, high strength characters are heavy-weapons guys, etc*) Speaking of snipers, Ranger Arms is medium, right? It doesn't say on the chart, but it seems like something that's a "light sniper".

(*) You might ask "but what if I want to do heavy-weapons/melee?" No dice- melee chars need Move, Damage (and a melee skills,) whereas Heavy Weapons needs only the (large) minimum of STR and actually benefits more from Dex, (Lift, if you want spare ammo), and one of the hard heavy weapon skills. Same thing for doctor/scout - you'll just suck in 2 different ways.
Being a Mechanist/Archeologist, through, is fine since the absolute majority of support stats are the same.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2015, 08:19:02 pm »

Now, if you are asking if the number of points to upgrade a skill is equal to the number of points to initially buy a skill, initially I would have said yes, but, i thought about it and it makes to easy to level up skills to max (5) right away instead I will make that initial requirement times the current skill level, plus 2 (new level=Int cost x Current lvl +2)
Pretty much, except I was (am) unclear on what the "initial requirement" was.
here's what the manual has to say about it:
Four 'difficulty levels' ... The more difficult the skill, the more points you must spend to buy it at a given skill level.

Easy skills ...
Attribute+0

Average skills ...
Attribute-1

Hard skills ...
Attribute-2

Very Hard skills ...
Attribute-3

Points needed to rise up skills: 1 = the first level, 1 = the second level, 2 = the third level, 4 = every level after that.
Now, initially I assumed hard skills were just harder to succeed at (i.e. had a penalty to rolls), and all advanced at the same pace. But that doesn't seem to be the case.
So how do skills work?
And (taking Melee:Brawl and Surgery as examples) how do they advance?

Also, while I have your attention, what does X/Y mean in the 'range' column of equipment? And recoil?

Ooop. Sorry for the double post- this was meant as an edit.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2015, 08:52:23 pm »

Now, if you are asking if the number of points to upgrade a skill is equal to the number of points to initially buy a skill, initially I would have said yes, but, i thought about it and it makes to easy to level up skills to max (5) right away instead I will make that initial requirement times the current skill level, plus 2 (new level=Int cost x Current lvl +2)
Pretty much, except I was (am) unclear on what the "initial requirement" was.
here's what the manual has to say about it:
Four 'difficulty levels' ... The more difficult the skill, the more points you must spend to buy it at a given skill level.

Easy skills ...
Attribute+0

Average skills ...
Attribute-1

Hard skills ...
Attribute-2

Very Hard skills ...
Attribute-3

Points needed to rise up skills: 1 = the first level, 1 = the second level, 2 = the third level, 4 = every level after that.
Now, initially I assumed hard skills were just harder to succeed at (i.e. had a penalty to rolls), and all advanced at the same pace. But that doesn't seem to be the case.
So how do skills work?
And (taking Melee:Brawl and Surgery as examples) how do they advance?

Also, while I have your attention, what does X/Y mean in the 'range' column of equipment? And recoil?

Ooop. Sorry for the double post- this was meant as an edit.
OK, lets start with what I can help you with. The way I was reading it is that each skill has its own individual learning difficulty.
in the case of melee:brawl, which is a easy skill (DEX/E)  to learn, costing 1 point because it is the first level of difficulty.
Medical: Surgery is noted to be very hard (INT/VH) to learn, costing 4 point because it is the fourth level of difficulty.

As for the x/y in the range column. . . . that is a more difficult matter. . . let me see if I can get vkiNm to explain.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2015, 08:57:49 pm »

I'm almost done with the sheet but I'm kinda stuck on equipment.  The 10mm PDW, for example. In Cost, it says it's both Free and that it costs 5C. Which one is it? What's ST? On the PDW's notes, is that 1C for 15 magazines or a magazine with 15 bullets? Consider putting this info in the sheet, preferably right above the equipment list.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2015, 09:13:40 pm »

I'm almost done with the sheet but I'm kinda stuck on equipment.  The 10mm PDW, for example. In Cost, it says it's both Free and that it costs 5C. Which one is it? What's ST? On the PDW's notes, is that 1C for 15 magazines or a magazine with 15 bullets? Consider putting this info in the sheet, preferably right above the equipment list.
its 1 monies for a 15 bullet mag., sorry.
St is supposed to be STR, and represent the minimum strength  to use without any penalties. And equipment that is lable as free is supposed to be free on creation but after that cost the below amount. . . .
And, if you mean in the example sheet, I will edit it right away.

Edit:
I just added in all the changes recommended. Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 09:29:34 pm by zomara0292 »
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2015, 09:59:14 pm »

The rulebook doesn't load right for me (I am using my phone while I am on vacation). I've been trying to work with it, but its just not working out. I can either make a character when I get back (14th-15th) or someone could hel me make a character. I'm really interested in the concept of this game, even if I know nothing about whatever it came from.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2015, 10:35:27 pm »

Why does the pistol cost 15* to buy? That seems ludicrously expensive. Shouldn't it be free?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2015, 10:53:03 pm »

Why does the pistol cost 15* to buy? That seems ludicrously expensive. Shouldn't it be free?
It does, but, then again, I am not the one who made the rulebook.
I will have to talk to its creator about that.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2015, 11:03:51 pm »

Can we homebrew its price to free/5 and its ammo cost to 1?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2015, 11:17:16 pm »

Considering that it seems to be no better than the free one, I would be willing to. But, again, there might be a reason for its cost. Something i am missing. But, I will handle that as it comes along. Lets go ahead and homebrew it.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2015, 11:27:23 pm »

Spoiler: Michael (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 07:27:58 am by Andres »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2015, 11:31:57 pm »

I'm PTWing this, and might be playing it.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2015, 04:42:08 am »

Spoiler: Michael (click to show/hide)

You should also get the Fragmentation Vest as well, it's free and protects your Torso.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2015, 04:46:44 am »

I don't see why I'd need torso protection. It's not like I'm getting shot, stabbed, or exploded. It'd just weigh me down.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2015, 04:47:08 am »

The Kreuweizer Tactical Pistol .45 Cal costs 15☼ because unlike the free pistol, you can load both the AP rounds AND the HE round magazine at the same time, bringing it's effective ammunition up to 12 AP and 12 HE. Which you can select fire at will. So not only is it a pistol, it can also act as a mini HE cannon as well and will rip unarmored enemies apart, or at least rip a very good chunk of them apart from the mini explosions the .45 was able to carry and shoot.

The free pistol only has a 15 rounds mag and can't shoot explosive bullets, that's why it's free or costs only one third of the Tactical Pistol[which also comes with a free flashlight attached on it, mind you.]
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 612