Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390469 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Into the Trees)
« Reply #5145 on: August 11, 2016, 09:52:11 pm »

"Eeey Aria. Wanna come show this bugger your gun? I don't mean shoot him. I mean literally show him it. I find it hilarious when people mistake technology for magic."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: August 11, 2016, 10:01:05 pm »

"I've no idea where the King's domain is. Our lord might know, though.. But we also don't know where our Lord lives, but his Taxes men must do." says the Elder
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: August 11, 2016, 10:01:27 pm »

Aria shrugs, and walks over. "Gauss or LMR?"

Whichever one is requested- or if nonspecific, the LMR- Aria unloads it and shows the gun.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: August 11, 2016, 11:55:51 pm »

"Why not both?"

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: August 12, 2016, 12:10:22 am »

The elders went tight lipped at the shown weapons. "Fake and pale imitations." they accused stubbornly.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: August 12, 2016, 12:23:36 am »

"It was these weapons that literally toppled your palistide and windmill in a single shot. Compared to yours, an ancient, barely maintained relic Produced By Us inflicting maaaaybe a couple easily fixed broken ribs with the underbarrel firing mode intended to be used as an Anti Armor firing option? I think the difference in quality is obvious."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: August 12, 2016, 12:57:56 am »

"Yes, ours is holy and righteous." the elder who shot Zander claimed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: August 12, 2016, 01:19:10 am »

"No. Yours is aged and simply aged. Ours are maintained and on a geological timescale, significantly younger then yours. Allow me to quote the specific nature of your weapon."

"The MAG Assault Rifle Mark 2.3 is a multirole handheld rapidfire assault weapon. Multiple ammunition types exist for it. Varying from High Explosive for large targets, to Hollowpoint for soft organic targets, to Armor Piercing for heavily armored targets. Underbarrel attachments are available for use varying from .20mm slugs intended for critically damaging tanks and large armored creatures with massed fire to grenades, a wide assortment of grenades are available, the launcher allowing the firer extra range and therefore more tactical options. Grenades vary from Incendiary indended to simply melt soft targets and clear rooms of enemy infantry and oxygen to Fragmentation intended to shred personal to High Explosive for those times that you really need to get rid of your neighbor's car to flashbangs and concussion grenades for those rare times that you don't want Everyone in the room dead to several significantly newer experimental explosives. Be advised that Akras Corporation is not liable for damages to your person, property, livelihood, family, or any of those affected by the use or misuse of said weaponry."

"End quote. Said experimental grenades by the way are only available to Akras employees. Few neat new explosive mixes, shaped blasts, smartbombs, smartfrags, and with the addition of PHS's due to Magi being a thing I believe a weapons researcher mentioned the plausibility of cryogenic explosives."

"Your weapon is not unique, it is not holy. It is not righteous. It may gain such qualities dependent on how things go in the longterm however as it is, it is simply an aged gun. A weapon of war and conquest."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: August 12, 2016, 01:42:25 am »

The surviving villagers were stunned for a moment, listening to Tal's words.

Then the same elder spoke up again to reassure both the others and himself. "We won't be swayed by your insanity and lies,  daemon."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: August 12, 2016, 02:01:46 am »

"I am neither insane or lying. Nor am I a demonic entity. I am a Terraborn Magi. Now do you have a legitimate counterargument to my statement or do you conceed the point?"

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5155 on: August 12, 2016, 02:39:54 am »

"Tal, ease the fuck up. I think we have crushed their world enough for one day. If they say that something is holy and righteous, just roll with it."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: August 12, 2016, 03:27:25 am »

(Sorry this update is so long, I hope it is ok  :) )
"Explain the same symbol then buddy", Zander points to his own mag rifle with the Akras symbol on it. He then grabs another tablet with the translator program on it motioning for Amber to follow him to the other side of the base.

Finding a table to sit at he motions for her to sit down and sets the tablet out on the table to translate.

Wither she stands or sits, he sits down against the wall thinking for a second looking at her. "You're probably thinking that if you're quick you grab my knife, its the only thing you could possibly grab and use effectively use. As my sword is to heavy and well the others you probably have no idea how to use. Thinking maybe since you are a child I will not react in time or be soft."

Sliding the knife out Zander twirls in his hand, "the fact of the matter is that I cannot let you kill me now, I have someone I must repay a debt to. And I don't care who it is if you stand in my way, you will be removed. That being said lets say you get extremely lucky and kill me, you die right afterwards no other outcome is going to happen. Now it may not be my place to say but I doubt dying to kill one person would honor your father or the others."

"So I propose this, you postpone your plans for revenge. You dedicate yourself to learning and find something that you can make a living with, and i'll help train you how to fight and be a warrior when I think you're old enough. In exchange I'll make sure you are treated like a regular employee and that you can rise and make a difference in my group of people. Maybe make sure that other children don't lose their fathers, that being said you make any attempts to kills us before I think you're ready. I'll send you so far away that you'll never see us again that is if Tal doesn't kill you."

Stabbing the knife into the table, Zander looks her in the eye. "I offer you the chance to learn the skills you need to fight and live. If and when I declare you a true and proper warrior, if you still feel the need to seek revenge by then. Well then I shall respect that and fight you. I owe you a debt and I aim to pay whatever I can of it, what do you say??" 

If at any time she lunges or makes some kind of move, Zander will calmly disarm and subdue her with CQC.

Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: August 12, 2016, 07:45:46 am »

"Holy and righteousness does not stem from origin, but rather from what the object has accomplished. I am sure this artifact of yours has served many generations, and has much reverence among your people. Once again, please excuse Tal. As stated, he's isn't a people person."
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: August 12, 2016, 10:11:47 am »

Aria shrugs, and puts away her gun. "I'd say let them believe what they want, honestly. None of our business to try to convince them otherwise."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: August 12, 2016, 12:13:03 pm »

"Righteous stems from use. I ceed that point. Holy implies deific connection. Akras although employing at least one entity to my knowledge, does not currently employ any deities."
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 612