Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390476 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Into the Trees)
« Reply #5115 on: August 11, 2016, 03:13:32 pm »

"Death comes for all, little one. Sithis will judge us eventually. Until then, you must be patient. For now, we must fight him."

Frazz then goes off to where Tal and the rest are.

"Hey Tal, what's the loudest we can get the speakers on the Juggernaut to go to? Also, HEY! I may have dragon instincts, but that's not why I'm trying to protect these people. Last time I checked, there's something called 'common decency', which I'm pretty sure applies to this scenario."

« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 03:16:37 pm by LordPorkins »
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5116 on: August 11, 2016, 03:50:19 pm »

"The speakers are capable of reaching volume levels that cause breakdown and ruptures of soft organic tissue. There are limiters built in to prevent anyone from turning them up that high. However it is possible with adminsitrative authorization. Aka something the lead techie and myself can authorize."

"As for decency? Frazz. Think for a second. We are literally an interdimensional incursion sent here from a version of Terra overrun with the dregs of humanity, corrupt megacorporations, and murderhobos. Oh! And recently zombies. There really isn't a high bar for decency. The fact that they are alive and being fed is decency enough. They are being kept as genological samples to tie up loose ends for lost gate teams. When we stop by the Entry Compound in three weeks time to resupply as our original rations will not last as long on account of having to support half a town's worth of people, we will be dropping them off for Akras to handle and transfer Terraside. Specifically we will be dropping off Genological Samples. If said samples are alive to be dropped off and out of our hair or not is up to the behavior of you, Vigil, and Zach. Either way I wil be dropping off a group of samples. See to it that I don't need to drop off deceased samples instead of live ones."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5117 on: August 11, 2016, 04:10:44 pm »

Zach stops meditation and puts his hand on Vigil's shoulder, "I'm with Vigil on this one, Tal. I think that we've had enough killing for multiple lifetimes. Have you considered that the party of elves were coming to talk and negotiate before you ordered them to be ripped to shreds? It's the same scenario as the Hive. You say you want unconditional surrender, then make it so that they can't even come out to negotiate with us after you cut its only communication line between us. Tal, when we get back, you are being treated by a god damn psychologist."
"If you want to shoot the girl, the bullet will have to go through me first. Just a reminder that I can still cast with one hand, and lightning is a hundred times harder to dodge than a bullet."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #5118 on: August 11, 2016, 04:24:24 pm »

Walking up behind Zach, Zander calmly put's his hand on Zach's shoulder griping tightly, "I would refrain from threatening Tal again he is quite important to all our survival. That being said do you really think that this hive deserves mercy? They eat people every year in all honestly we're doing these people a favor, could we have done it in a better way? Perhaps but don't pretend we're anything but villains, we do the best we can and that is all we can do."

Loosening his grip on Zach's shoulder he continues, "Perhaps we can at least negotiate with the elves, unless they consider the hive sacred or something. Which would be a shame but the hive is filled with monsters don't pretend otherwise Zach. There is no negotiating  with them, they are evil and worth only being destroyed."
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5119 on: August 11, 2016, 04:26:49 pm »

"Pain response prevents you from casting based on hemet cam feeds from your attempts to cast during the last engagement Zach. All I'd need is a taser to deal with you. Irregardless. My point here is cease with the foolishness or villagers start dying until you do cease. I would rather not stain the floors or waste perfectly good souls, however Insubordination within hostile territory is unacceptable."

"As for the elves? They came to poke a clearly irate dragon that has been breathing at a rather long range at a local hive of rather unpleasent insects. The dragon breathed at them, likely in a reflex response. They proceeded to nope the fuck out of its general vicinity."

"Future encounters with the elves whom might I say again Have Magic and therefore are immediately in my good books will be diplomatic. It is inadvisable to engage those with the capacity for equal footing in territory that favors them. It is also inadvisable to engage those whom have data you desire. Can't get information from a corpse after all."

"The wards are not blocking communications Zach. They are blocking subversive attacks. Concepts and words will most definitely get through. There is a reason they are called Wards"

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: August 11, 2016, 05:29:41 pm »

"Zander, Define Evil. All the Hive has attempted to do to this point is survive. Heck, it could probably have wiped out the Plebes if it wanted to. But it didn't. It recognized them as Sentient/Sapient beings (Henceforth called SenSapes) and made a bargain with them. A bargain which, i might add, it didn't haveto make. Regardless of whether it decided not too out of laziness or otherwise, It didnt. It recognized humans as SenSapes, and then made a bargain. Clearly, theres no reason to kill it. To do this so frequently is basically announcing to all Entitys that we aren't here to talk, we are here to kill. The elves didn't kill these bugs, and they were able to take down our drones in one shot. Theres little doubt they could kill the Hive if they wanted too. But they didn't. The sheer fact that so many of these foreign SenSapes, all completely different, managed to coexist without killing each other immediately indicates that theres better options than simply annihilating/enslaving anything we come across."
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5121 on: August 11, 2016, 05:34:38 pm »

"I never thought it would be possible, but Frazz has just hit the nail on the head with a hammer, so to speak. The fact is that the Hive could have simply enslaved the whole village, yet it didn't. It made a bargain which was accepted. That's more decency than most humans, for example, us, can care to spare."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5122 on: August 11, 2016, 05:39:07 pm »

"How about you think why the bargain was accepted in the first place. Most likely - the alternative was assimilation and eradication of those who resist."

"And I fail to see how not killing a being that forces others to give it sacrifices is okay."
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: August 11, 2016, 05:40:57 pm »

Aria is still present, but quiet.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5124 on: August 11, 2016, 05:46:06 pm »

"The hive is functionally using villagers as livestock. There is quite literally no reason it would not keep them alive otherwise."

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #5125 on: August 11, 2016, 06:10:31 pm »

"And it did enslave this whole village, do you think the like willingly giving their people to this creature. You're naive in thinking that this village is anything but a food source, or did you forget when it tried to invade our minds and make us subservient to it??"
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5126 on: August 11, 2016, 06:15:50 pm »

"Maybe they already invaded their mind and this is why they're vouching for the cursed things.." Maximus accused suspiciously.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: August 11, 2016, 06:17:03 pm »

"Well the easiest way to fix that is an exorcism."

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5128 on: August 11, 2016, 06:27:14 pm »

"Ya know what. No. I am not having Tal poking his grubby little hands in my head anymore. One of the Wiznerds can do it, but no way am i letting Him in my noggin again."
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5129 on: August 11, 2016, 06:33:36 pm »

"It was more of a joke. I don't actually think you're possessed. Just being really Really stupid right now."
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 612