Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391094 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness (4/6)
« Reply #225 on: September 03, 2015, 04:24:31 pm »

While I'm waiting for my colleagues to recover, I'd like to Look for any skill improvement courses organised by the company. (Or at least get a recommendation from the veterans for a good place to take them)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 03, 2015, 09:27:41 pm »

Spoiler: Dr. Nalvi: (click to show/hide)

Updated skills and inventory.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 04, 2015, 01:22:17 pm »

Nother post cause otherwise may be missed.

Tal attempts to attach metal knobs to the tips of his quarterstaff, the intent to increase crushing damage and impact mass from hits. He also looks into acquiring suppressors for the squad's small and medium guns.

He then looks at the list of candidates for new squaddies. Obviously accepting the heavy weapons and demolitions person (Twinwolf's character), but the squad needs another person. Let's look at the candidates.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 04, 2015, 03:35:39 pm »

@Dr. Ayes.
While there are several 'training' courses offered by the company, none of them seems to be advanced enough to actually teach you anything new. You could take some more shooting courses but that'd be a waste of money compared to what little you'll actually gain.

And while much better training exists, your company are not too keen on letting you use the Special Training Facility. Where you suspect all the good stuff are in. Probably stuff like jetpacks and exosuits and shit. One day, maybe.

The Veteran have a neat trick, however. They call it the 'Special desensitization regime.' It's unofficial, and what it entrails are pretty much just many nights long of playing frightening jump-scare games with them when you have the free time until you stopped jumping out of your chair screaming like a little bitch.

Would you like to take it? [It'll take 1 in-game month of your free time and you'll get the temporary one-use bonus check against frights of your choosing. I'm calling it the 'Hey, I've seen this before..' The process is repeatable each time you're on this side of the gate and can be used once on the other side.]

[It's currently been 1 month in-game by the way, you've got 3 more free months to go before your squad gets to go through the gate again.]

@Nalvi
While one of the attempts in attaching a metal knobs on the tips of your quarterstaff, a passerby asked what are you doing. Upon hearing your explanation, he just chuckles and point out that you can just attach your knife to the end of the staff, tie it down or something and turn it into a spear. That way you get extra weight AND turning your simple quarterstaff into a deadly spear with additional range.

Plus spears are cool, simple to use and a deadly melee weapon that give you some range. And aren't all that heavy!

Regarding weapons attachments, you can easily find things such as Suppressors, Compensators, extra grips, laser pointer and several other attachables in the requisition menu. They cost a bit of money, but they should give some nice bonuses to your weapons. Allowing you to pimp out your guns.

[Also, I made a mistake describing what BUDs are, it's actually not BUDs as in earbuds, but are BDU as in Battle Dress Uniform. Military clothing, basically.]

As for the Candidates, It seems that your Squad have a few available Candidates for a new Squaddie.

Michael B.
Male self-proclaimed demolitions expert, likely to choose explodey weapons. No mental evaluation report available.

Kenny D.
Male Aged Retired Corporate Security. Trained in the Corporate weekly small arms training every week during his many years of working with us.

Sunny D.
Female Medical Intern, as green as the Soylent in your dish. Has a thing for sharp objects, trashy novels and Vampires.

Jenny C.
Female Rifle enthusiast, loves all things rifle and rifle accessories.

'Sir' Maximus Decimus Germanicus.
Self-proclaimed Knight of the round table of the Roman Empire Senate. Claims to have no fear in the face of the enemy of the People's Empire Republic Senate of Roma.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 03:42:34 pm by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 04, 2015, 05:35:28 pm »

@Nalvi
While one of the attempts in attaching a metal knobs on the tips of your quarterstaff, a passerby asked what are you doing. Upon hearing your explanation, he just chuckles and point out that you can just attach your knife to the end of the staff, tie it down or something and turn it into a spear. That way you get extra weight AND turning your simple quarterstaff into a deadly spear with additional range.

Plus spears are cool, simple to use and a deadly melee weapon that give you some range. And aren't all that heavy!
Actually, turning a quarterstaff into a spear is a terrible idea. Blunt Crushing Damage is much better overall then slashing and stabbing damage. Slashing is only good vs fleshy bleedy targets. Same with stabbing. Only good when they have internal organs. Any armored target and it will bounce right off.

Metal knobs would result in functionally having maces on the ends of it. The swinging will result in considerable damage. You know how a rock caved in Tal's chest? A knobbed quarterstaff could do similar to an unarmored target if swung in the right form. Blunt crushing damage also happens to be what bypasses metal armor. Crumples it. Knives would not add a significant weight, nor are they shaped to utilize the tiny amount of weight that they do add. Spears are useful against calvary and when in formation or in tight hallways. They are not particularly useful for parrying or any other combat situation.

In the medieval ages, Knights carried swords and maces. They never went into battle without both. The swords were for unarmored peasants. The maces were for armored knights. There is a reason for this. The only chance in hell that peasants had against knights was to swarm them, knock them over, and beat them with whatever blunt object they had on hand. Because bladed weapons did absolutely jack shit. So no. Tal will not be turning his quarterstaff into a less then useful spear that requires retraining to use, he will be enhancing his blunt crushing weapon, that he specifically chose so in the event of armored opponents, he would have a fighting chance.

Tal arranges interviews with the following candidates:

'Sir' Maximus Decimus Germanicus.
Jenny C.
Kenny D.

Michael B. is unnecessary as we have a demo already. Also he is likely to be unstable.
Sunny D. We don't need another medic, be nice to have one yes, but not necessary, specially not a green medic. We need someone who can shoot and someone who can pick locks/disarm traps. One of the two.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 04, 2015, 05:55:24 pm »

Aria arrives at the Akras corporation's building, having signed up already and being out the first mission due to illness.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 04, 2015, 06:02:31 pm »

Upon being notified of Aria's arrival, Tal locates and greets them.

"Hello, I am Dr. Nalvi. You are Aria correct? I am the team's designated scientist. Ensure you have armor in your loadout. It can and will save your life."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 04, 2015, 06:03:20 pm »

"I got everything I could while still being able to afford my gun. No issue there."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 04, 2015, 06:17:28 pm »

"You'll be receiving a Gauss Rifle as an addition to your loadout. Last mission an entire squad was wiped out by a single hostile due to their weapons being unable to pierce the armor. This will hopefully prevent that from happening again."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 04, 2015, 06:20:47 pm »

"Right then."
Sigtext!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 04, 2015, 06:23:27 pm »

"I assume you have a general idea of the layout of the facility? If not, there's a map terminal somewhere around here, feel free to explore."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 04, 2015, 06:24:30 pm »

"I was here for orientation. I probably would have been here last mission, but I got really sick.
Sigtext!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 04, 2015, 06:25:33 pm »

"May I ask what the illness was? Or something you would rather not share?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 04, 2015, 06:27:33 pm »

"The latter."
Sigtext!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 04, 2015, 06:30:16 pm »

"Kay then. Take it easy until the next mission, relapses midmission could be fatal."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 612