Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391096 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness (4/6)
« Reply #240 on: September 04, 2015, 06:33:51 pm »

"Will do."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 04, 2015, 07:46:49 pm »

@Nalvi
The arrangements for an interview have been prepared, and in order to save some of your dignity as to not have your interviewees see you encased in bandages, they set up a video conferences for you!

You can choose to interview the potential squaddies one by one, or you can ask a broad question and have all of their answers in the same time.

Also about your Quarter staff, while you don't have to re-learn how to use a spear since you have the Polearm skill, I agree that a Polemace will be so much more useful against armored targets given the space to swing it. The person who you talked about and explained this to even volunteers to get your staff upgraded into a quartermace if you'd like, would you like the ball to be spiked or just a normal, heavy ball? It's probably going to be tungsten.

Tungsten quartermace, huh.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 04, 2015, 10:09:23 pm »

Unspiked for the most part. Tips. Spiked with two inch spikes. Small studs in a similar pattern to swung maces around the rest of it, Overall it should have slightly better effectiveness as a quarterstaff when jabbing ((but jabs are generally bad, you want short sideways sweeps in a pattern, still nice in close quarters)), but when it's swung like a quarterstaff, it should be rather nasty. Although completely spiking it would look rather metal, it would make it a tad heavy and encourage the staff getting caught on things. Piercing weapons get stuck for a reason. The two inch poker spikes are there to amplify the damage produced by jabs, being much too small to get stuck. (Physics wise, rather then the impact only hitting the surface, the poker pokes in and the impact hits everything touching the poker on top of the surface. Relatively weak compared to the swings, but still nasty.)

* Kevak maaaaay have a rather large interest in melee weapons and how they work~

First one to be met with is Sir Maximus. Might as well start with the most likely to be interesting.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 04, 2015, 10:48:42 pm »

@Nalvi

"Hail!" The strangely-clad man said on the other side of the Video conference. He looked like a grizzly large man with stumbles and various facial features that does not belong in a corporate environment.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 04, 2015, 10:56:21 pm »

What exactly is he clad in?

"Hello, Sir Maximus. I have a few questions and you likely have some as well. First and foremost however. Have you been briefed on the kinds of things that will be encountered should you be chosen as a squaddie?"

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 05, 2015, 12:04:00 am »

The similar utilitarian uniform that every corporate members wear, but heavily personalized. With ripped shoulders and red paint in lines and places. Nobody seems to have had bother making him change.

"Of course! the vile Daemons from hell itself! most foul and evil! in all shapes and sizes!" The man replied, bellowing with impressive lung power.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 05, 2015, 12:19:36 am »

"And you are aware that said Daemons can easily kill a man correct?"

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 05, 2015, 12:25:16 am »

"That, I know." He said as his face grims for a moment, before grinning back up again. "But the People's Imperial Republic of the Roman Senate have many men! and they wouldn't be able to kill all of us before we smite them out of existence!"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 05, 2015, 12:43:24 am »

"But they can. A single one slaughtered a heavily armed team of six. Be fully aware that these creatures are extradimensional and do not follow normal laws of reality."

"On a less grim note. What do you specialize in?"

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 05, 2015, 12:53:11 am »

The large man puffed his chest.

"Like a real man, I am proud to say that those who face me in melee will find their match if not more! People say that I am not a smart man. You do not need a smart man to crush your foes with a hammer! What you need are Strong, brave men with determination!" He said proudly. "And, of course, there's the guns. I'm particularly fond of the Shotgun with the slug shells. It's like shooting mini hammers at the hyper-velocity!"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 05, 2015, 12:54:54 am »

"Any experience with breeching barricaded or locked doors? Shotguns do make nice hinge removers afterall.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 05, 2015, 05:31:46 am »

"Aye! A great hammer does just as good a job!"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 05, 2015, 01:39:21 pm »

"Often true."

"Do you have any questions for me? Details and such?"

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 05, 2015, 02:33:44 pm »

The large-looking man gives a wide, teethy grin as he asks.

"When do we start?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 05, 2015, 02:41:11 pm »

"I have to interview two other candidates first, although you are currently my favorite. If you are chosen for my squad, the next mission is in three months."

((Tal's technically not lying~ He's only met Maximus out of the canidates~ Therefore automatic favorite~ Although he does definitely like him.))
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 612