Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: How far are you willing to go in order to enjoy a game?  (Read 9739 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How far are you willing to go in order to enjoy a game?
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2015, 07:29:27 pm »

Something that I used to tolerate but don't anymore is any form of grinding.

I can't stand grind based games such as world of tanks, WoW, star wars the old republic or Eve (yes eve has grind, just not for skills but for cash) any more.

Why would I do a repetitive task in a game when the reward is basically always to do it all over again just with a higher number next to my name?

I'm weird like that, but I find grinding enjoyable. When I don't want to put the effort into a difficult game that takes a lot of brainpower, I like to just zone out and whack some shit to make numbers go up.

That said, PvP is actually very difficult, and that's where most of the skill comes in for WoW specifically. Guild-level raids also take coordination and strategy AFAIK, but I've never gotten that high (or made that many friends in-game :()
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2015, 07:51:12 pm »

Might I suggest something that doesn't require a subscription fee, like, say, whatever the latest Call of Duty game is?

Hell, the cost of buying the newest CoD on a yearly basis is lower than subbing to WoW for just 6 months ($77.94).

P.S. I have only ever played them on the 360, I don't particularly enjoy them all that much, and I didn't like WoW either. But it has the numbers going up and lots of customization and you actually do get to do the competitive loadout customization stuff that you were taking about.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2015, 08:05:15 pm »

I like WoW though, not Call of Duty. I usually just buy a month or two when I get the urge, since I don't play it enough to justify constantly keeping my account open. I also enjoy WoW's aesthetic and the way the game plays, not just the grinding. Besides the fact that WoW is an RPG (debatably an action RPG but whatever) and CoD is an FPS.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

ejseto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2015, 09:47:54 pm »

If they are building HP then building damage is WRONG!

Care to explain instead of declaring me wrong?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2015, 11:10:07 pm »

I like WoW though, not Call of Duty. I usually just buy a month or two when I get the urge, since I don't play it enough to justify constantly keeping my account open. I also enjoy WoW's aesthetic and the way the game plays, not just the grinding. Besides the fact that WoW is an RPG (debatably an action RPG but whatever) and CoD is an FPS.

Fair enough.  :)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2015, 09:27:02 am »

What, is this your first time on the internet or something? ;)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2015, 10:02:29 am »

Aye everyone on the internet is wrong.  always.

Even this guy who probably agrees with me, his opinion is still wrong

:P
Nom nom nom

ejseto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2015, 02:21:20 pm »

This is a forum (and not a certain troll-infested anonymous forum). Is it too much to expect actual discussion instead of worthless opinion backed up by ZERO reasoning? Why even bother saying something like "You're WRONG?" What value does that hold?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2015, 02:36:53 pm »

Not Zero reasoning.

HP builds trump damage builds... You need to make a Anti-HP build that deals a certain percent of the enemy's HP.

Now if they are building armor you need armor piercing.

Damage Builds are for dealing with Ability defense builds.

This is all considered common knowledge in League of Legends.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2015, 02:39:10 pm »

What value does that hold?
Letting you know that you're wrong?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2015, 02:43:10 pm »

What value does that hold?
Letting you know that you're wrong?

No, I am trying to demonstrate the sort of thinking required to be considered "Good" as in "Not bad" at league of legends... and if you didn't know EXACTLY what I was referring to as soon as I mentioned it, then according to LOL standards you are 'Bad at the game'

I am 100 times less insulting then the average League of Legends player. You go in there and build damage while the opponent is building HP, and you will be called scrubnoobstastic
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 02:45:50 pm by Neonivek »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2015, 03:03:17 pm »

And you're somehow supposed to have time to check what all your opponents are doing while also playing the game and buying items and somehow finding time to look them all up too? (I attempted to front-load all the information, but with the absurd number of champions, most of which I couldn't even try, their abilities, and items, etc, I failed)

But since I only found one champion that I enjoyed playing at all, and "YOU'RE IGNORING THE META!" and "YOU CAN GET BANNED FOR THAT!" seemed like good reasons to quit.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 03:06:11 pm by Shadowlord »

ejseto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2015, 06:16:44 pm »

I am 100 times less insulting then the average League of Legends player. You go in there and build damage while the opponent is building HP, and you will be called scrubnoobstastic

There are only 2 items that do %HP damage, one for physical damage and one for mages. You don't "build" %HP damage. It's ONE item (unless you're one of those hybrid morons). You're pretty damn insulting, actually. Nobody builds BoRK to deal with HP stacking. You build it because you have particular synergy with attack speed (Vayne, Kalista) or because you need peel. Furthermore, it can't crit, so it depends on YOUR champion far more than what the enemy is building.

I think it's cute that you think you're good though.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2015, 06:27:15 pm »

I think it's cute that you think you're good though.

Are you being Ironic?

Because... You demonstrate the League of Legends Hostility so well. Heck even right down to calling me a bad player because you knew something I didn't.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 06:28:53 pm by Neonivek »

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2015, 06:27:51 pm »

If I have to read a guide, or find outside knowledge of the game...be it to fix something or to find some lore that should be in the game but they never put in...I don't bother doing any of that.

I'll gladly spend 100s of hours getting mods and fixing mods and getting addons for MMOs. That is fun. Finding lore that exists out of game? Nope not fun, as I'd MUCH rather find it IN THE GAME I'm PLAYING. Like reading in-game books or quests or whatever. That is the whole point of me playing a game if its an RPG, is to find out in the game that I am playing what its about lol. That isn't fun at all to me and feels like they were super lazy to not include it :P If I was making a game, I'd be sure all the lore and everything could be found out in the game, even if there was a lot of it...I wouldn't skimp out on that at all.

Also if an MMO requires you to watch youtube videos to beat a raid, I don't bother raiding if that is 100% required...wtf is the point in that? I never did that in old MMOs, shouldn't have to in new ones. And someone figured it out without watching videos to begin with lol. Its one reason I don't bother raiding in MMOs these days.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6