Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 44

Author Topic: Sector Unknown (Spaceship RPG)  (Read 44311 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Sector Unknown (Spaceship RPG)
« Reply #330 on: August 09, 2015, 12:59:02 pm »

Once Mac and Dan arrive, the three of them will enter the lab, guns at the ready, and search for the alien as a group.

((I'm not sure if I should progress on the fact that Mac is likely to post acceptance of following your post, squad orders?))

((If he's online you could PM him. If not, I guess just go ahead. Since we arent doing turns, there will sometimes be times when characters have to be auto'd by the GM for the story to progress.))
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 09, 2015, 01:02:34 pm »

Once Mac and Dan arrive, the three of them will enter the lab, guns at the ready, and search for the alien as a group.

((I'm not sure if I should progress on the fact that Mac is likely to post acceptance of following your post, squad orders?))

((If he's online you could PM him. If not, I guess just go ahead. Since we arent doing turns, there will sometimes be times when characters have to be auto'd by the GM for the story to progress.))

((Alright, i've made a poll about it on the OOC thread. Go ahead PlayerGamer, you've got control of all three soldiers (that is, if you want to include the one running around in a blanket).))
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 09, 2015, 01:16:01 pm »

Inside his dark bedroom, Muslim stows his white kit under his bed. He then proceeds to dress into his Deimos ship uniform. Now properly dressed with medical go bag in tow, leaves his quarters, enters the corridor, and stands outside of the Science Lab awaiting orders.

((This post is mainly to get dressed and for things to make more sense if someone got hurt.))
Max avatar size is 80x80

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 09, 2015, 01:21:47 pm »

In this commotion I forgot to send Schults assistance. Can I get anyone with engineering knowledge to suit up and head to the engine room.

The captain, then Joined Doctor Patel and the others by the science lab. Before becoming a ship captain he had earned a degree in alien biology, and although its been a while, he still remembers some useful information.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 09, 2015, 01:50:52 pm »

Mac and Dan will follow Emma into the lab, weapons at the ready, and look for the lifeform.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 09, 2015, 02:01:21 pm »

Anyway, captain, I have some proposals as how to reduce our power consumption to live within the limited means we currently posses, or at the least extend the time we have.

Now, we can't really touch the pods without killing of the inhabitants, but we can lower the lifesupport's power requirements. We can drop the pressure to 1/3 of current levels, and increase the oxygen percentage to 100% to compensate. Doing that should reduce the strain on the lifesupport system.

((On a side note, did Taricus just open the door between the pressurized ship internals and the depressurized Engine room?))

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 09, 2015, 02:06:50 pm »

Mac and Dan will follow Emma into the lab, weapons at the ready, and look for the lifeform.

On entering the lab, it's a relatively open space. Everything is set about the walls and the most obscuring thing in the room is a hip-high island of worksurfaces in the middle of the room. The trio approach warily.

HELGA: Sixteen meters.

HELGA: Twelve meters.

HELGA: Nine meters.

Whatever this thing was, it was right in front of them, in plain sight, out of sight.

Emma: Helga - turn on the lights.

The room lit up with flickering, ancient lights. "There it is!" shouts Mac. On focussing, a bodyless shape with an appearance only measurable to what could be considered a mirage shifted sickeningly, joints snapping into and out of place in sharp, precise movements. As the lights shed upon the creature, a sound neither a shriek or a scream or a moan or a grunt came forth, but of an otherwordly monsterous noise, neither a roar or a whisper but of, to be sure, pure horror. The mirage faultered and revealed then replaced and hid, patches here and there phasing in and out, giving a prediction of what the form may be.
The skin was black as charcoal and looked like a carapace of obsidian. Its many bladed limbs were hard and sharp, thin and to a point with an enlarged back that hooded its miniscule, tentacled head of many eyes. The mirage shifted once again, quickly skittering around the room to the nearest point of darkness, its mirage still failing and recuperating, presumably on a round-about route for the corridor.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 02:18:57 pm by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 09, 2015, 02:08:58 pm »

((On a side note, did Taricus just open the door between the pressurized ship internals and the depressurized Engine room?))

((The corridor has an airlock, I mistakenly presumed it was on the engine room entrance, so I thought he was also depressurized. I'm going to presume he grabbed onto something so as not to be blown out of the cannon, so to speak.))
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 09, 2015, 02:09:41 pm »

The captain looking in from the hallway What is that thing?

(In reguards to power saving: depending on the time estimate of engine repairs verses amount of power and air we have left, we may do that, but if we are going to get enough power from the engine to run everything, then there's no point in taking the risk. I'll address this IC after this alien is sorted out. )
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 02:20:38 pm by Spiderking50 »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 09, 2015, 02:21:20 pm »

Ashton tries to access the comms system, and fishes under her cot for her flashlight. It wouldn't work, though...she opens up the battery pack, and finds it full of battery acid.

"Well, shit. Alright, I'm comin' to help. Everything seem fixable, I take it?"

The engineer heads into engineering and grabs her tools as well as the engineering equipment needed for repairs in vacuum. Then she heads over to the cargo bay and starts carrying over material boxes. If Conrad helps, they could probably get that bit done fairly quickly, at least.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 09, 2015, 03:20:27 pm »

((Sorry, gonna be at the beach for a week and won't have a lot of time to post)) What the hell was that? We need to get the lights on, now!
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 09, 2015, 03:23:40 pm »

Emma stares at the alien, disgusted, and, once he sees it's a mirage, turns to the two soldiers next to her.

"Mac, cover the left. Dan, cover the right." She then watches the area directly in front of the door, waiting for the real ladies to appear.

((Uh, the mirage isn't the real alien, right?))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 09, 2015, 03:27:12 pm »

((Uh, the mirage isn't the real alien, right?))

((Think Chameleon skin.))
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 09, 2015, 03:32:13 pm »

((Its 1 alien with a cloaking device))

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 09, 2015, 03:36:45 pm »

I say we seal it in this room and turn off life support specifically in that room
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 44