Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

Author Topic: The Far West-Ch.1/Light for Some-others, A Deeper Darkness (Game thread)  (Read 21880 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The Far West-Ch.1/The Shadow of the Storm (Game thread)
« Reply #180 on: September 03, 2015, 03:31:01 pm »

"Well, what sort of answer would you not find disappointing?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 04, 2015, 05:18:26 am »

"If it was anything I would find intriguing, you would surely not tell me about it," Immanuel Jade replies. "Hence my disappointment."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 04, 2015, 11:04:59 am »

[I assume I rode off with the rest and...left Jade behind ._.; Gahh...I don't want to leave anyone behind and assumed that everyone already went off together! >_< mmh. So I'll assume that I'm with the others!

^unedited--this is me assuming we've left Jade and forgot that we all ventured out together post-carriage-accident until we met new folks! Gah memory!]

Name Horse: Apura

((I think this is the last post for our group:))
He seems to be unable or unwilling to argue with you.

"You are not wrong...you wish for us to suffer, we will suffer you to stay a night. Orinost that was. We pay our debts." He says, gingerly stepping aside. "This is a bad night. Storm will be worse soon. Everyone. Go back to sleep." He announces with finality.

And, so it is.

Think: Try to recall culture and details about these people--and for our group, are we all OK?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 04, 2015, 11:42:32 am »

Think: Try to recall culture and details about these people--and for our group, are we all OK?

Horsefolk are foreign to your lands, so you don't know much about them. You recall reading about them fighting in the war on both sides, and that's about it. They certainly do have a strange way of speaking...if they are anything like the Butterflyfolk of your own country, they will have generally be the sort of people who are essentially honest and keep their word, but truly value only their families and their freedoms. They are not concerned with much else, tending to be fickle and fey-minded.

As for the group, the Bard has negotiated shelter despite the Jade mans debacle-but Vic and Sal seems to be riding off obliviously. Someone should call them back!

You note that you personally have not offered a gift for the Horsefolks hospitality.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 04, 2015, 11:44:50 am »

"If it was anything I would find intriguing, you would surely not tell me about it," Immanuel Jade replies. "Hence my disappointment."

"I suppose that's sort of an answer...in any case, down to brass rivets, as they say.

I don't want to kill you. I don't like killing good Imperial Citizens. How about a job offer? A very dangerous job? One where your success is tied into your own personal survival?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 04, 2015, 12:03:45 pm »

"To be expected," Immanuel Jade says slowly. "I accept. What is the job?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 04, 2015, 12:49:57 pm »

"Undercover work. There's a General here on the Periphery, who's been selling Imperial arms to the Chartered Houses. Even using our soldiers for their scutwork. The real crime was he did it with any sort of heavy-handed political backing to cover himself...we send you into his army, as an officer fresh out of the Red Crane Span*. You find us hard evidence we can work with to facilitate his disgrace and removal from office.

...He's a real nasty piece of work, you know. I suppose that's why he ended the war at the ass-end of the Empire, put out of the way so they wouldn't have to remind anyone of what he did. And, now they want him gone for good, no surprise. The usual reward. The Empire doesn't need the press, and the usual rot-handle it quietly, they say...would be easier just to put a bomb in his toilet, but he's too well connected to just casually remove without evidence. Timetables of his shipments would work nicely. So would a high placed informant who could spill the paint. I'm sure you can figure something out.

You're completely expendable, of course, which makes it something of a bargain. If you survive, I can promise you a future among us...or, maybe just enough coin to convince you to be quiet. I'd say we both benefit, don't you?"

*The Red Crane Span is a school of military strategy in the Imperial Heartland, responsible for churning out the Empires brightest military minds-a series of towers and universities built on a bridge over the Missong River-a major tributary leading into the Southern Citrus Sea. It was mostly destroyed during the Succession Wars by a surprise Rebel Air raid, but has since begun to rebuilt. Immanuel thinks his offered cover is not a bad one-as most of the student records were lost in the churning waters, not to mention many of the teachers, and the students themselves. There is plenty of room for someone to slip in without setting off any alarms.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 01:22:41 pm by Dwarmin »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 04, 2015, 01:19:54 pm »

As the officer explains this brilliant plan, Immanuel Jade starts to grin wider and wider, his mouth nearly reaching from ear to ear, and a split second after she's done he seems to be unable to contain himself much longer, bursting into a mixture of hollow laughter and not a small amount of coughing mixed into it. It takes him the better part of ten seconds to collect himself, at which point he straightens out and returns to a worryingly exact replication of his initial position and configuration.

"That does sound like a job I would be able to do," he says, opening his mouth as he smiles, his sunken lips parting slightly to reveal the black cavity of his mouth, his face almost crumpling as he does so.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 04, 2015, 01:27:01 pm »

"Glad to hear it. What's the funny part, anyway?" She asks, an eyebrow raised at the outburst.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 04, 2015, 01:58:01 pm »

"Glad to hear it. What's the funny part, anyway?" She asks, an eyebrow raised at the outburst.

"It was a thing I recalled. Not very funny without much context," Immanuel Jade explains in a level, impassive tone. His shadow leans very gently, almost imperceptibly to the left.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 07, 2015, 04:11:13 pm »

The bard called out the the retreating figures of the others, her voice carrying over the storm.

"Hold up! We have shelter for the night."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 12, 2015, 09:21:11 am »

Vic stopped and looked over her shoulder. "Are you sure that's safe, after what just happened?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 12, 2015, 09:23:25 am »

"We have been told we can stay, and horsefolk keep their word."
More quietly, she muttered. "At least they won't suddenly use spirit-magic on us."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 12, 2015, 09:28:47 am »

Vic sighed. "If you're sure. I'll trust you on this one. Come on, Sal."

Vic sticks around with Wen-Li.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 12, 2015, 10:04:54 am »

((Blargh, sorry! Exam week--please browse past history of posts if you wish to check; can't seemingly link it now--be back by at least Tuesday, hopefully later on? Sorry!))

Retroactively give/gift most appropriate idea present! Also...stick to the people! Please auto for usefulness! Sorry Dwarmin!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21