Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21

Author Topic: The Far West-Ch.1/Light for Some-others, A Deeper Darkness (Game thread)  (Read 21900 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: The Far West-Ch.1/A handful of Straw (Game thread)
« Reply #105 on: August 24, 2015, 12:36:37 pm »

Sal gives the bandit a curt tip of the hat out of respect. "My father raised me right, he did. Always be respectful to women, even if they're trying to kill you. Sal Liu." His eyes flick to the bandits as the woman jumps off the carriage, gathering around their leader's corpse, and he sighs, before walking over to Victoria and speaking. "Bandits jumped off, I know why. You just lost your bounty." Sal jerks a thumb over his shoulder, pointing at the bandits crowding around Jun's body.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 24, 2015, 12:38:08 pm »

Vic rubbed at her forehead. "...And how did he get free to jump?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2015, 12:42:29 pm »

Sal shrugs. "I was up here, tryin' to keep them from killing you. Maybe the ones inside know?"
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2015, 12:55:22 pm »

"Right. Excuse me." Vic moved to the entrance of the carriage and climbed down into it. "Anyone mind explaining what happened back here?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 24, 2015, 01:44:26 pm »

"Right. Excuse me." Vic moved to the entrance of the carriage and climbed down into it. "Anyone mind explaining what happened back here?"

"The Young Man lost his brains," Immanuel Jade explains, eyes still closed and face drawn as his hands travel along his robe. "A fateful, fatal, unlikely shot came in from outside, struck the wall three times, then flew into his skull."

His eyes open as he finishes his self-inspection and exhales.

"His value gone and his life taken suddenly, I threw him to the vultures so they may ask their questions of him."

He proffers his open palm, and with a perplexing, slightly unnatural-looking sleight of hand produces the note detailing the Young Man's mystery in it, now crumpled and bloodstained.

Quote from: The Note
The Water is bad, so only Drink Whiskey in the Citrus Wind, one mug each for four times Mr. Carrows Fingers and toes, while minding the Red Ladies Temper. Charm her nicely, don't end up inside her without enough to pay! She has a lot of pride, that lady, and bears no ribbing-but, make sure to peek under her skirt before you turn in for the night. Or, you'll have to be turned in and out for the night. Wire Bend, Story End.

"An interesting thing in the man's mysterious collar. Have you any input?" he asks emotionlessly.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 10:47:50 am by Harry Baldman »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 24, 2015, 01:56:18 pm »

"Oh for the love of... There goes a month's work. No, I don't know anything about a note. It might be where he hid something."

Vic sat down and thought.

Thought: Does Victoria have a good idea of where she's at and what might be nearby in terms of landmarks and towns?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 24, 2015, 02:11:24 pm »

Last Vic reckoned, she was due Southwest of Sevenfork. The place she came from was a boomtown with literally no name-thus founded so recently, they hadn't even had time to paint a sign. She's sure if she went further due South, she'd eventually find Willowbend somewhere...as for landmarks, that's an easy one. If you're lost beyond the Last Horizon just keep going East (back to the Empire, if you ken) till you find a pair of railroad tracks. All tracks eventually lead to Sevenforks.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 25, 2015, 12:25:51 am »

"You mind handing that note over, or at least writing me a copy?" Vic asked the Jade. "I figure that's at least gotta be better than showing up empty-handed."
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 12:39:07 am by SeriousConcentrate »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 25, 2015, 12:32:34 am »

"You may have the note," says the Jade, poking his proffered hand in the bounty hunter's direction. "This is why I offered it."

Action: pass note to Vic, listen to the sounds all around.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 25, 2015, 12:43:10 am »

Take the note, shake Immanuel's offered hand.

"Thanks. I think I'm going to get walking to Sevenforks. Anyone wants to tag along, they can. Or you can try to figure out how to work this thing if you want. All I can tell you is that the green lever is speed and the blue pedal keeps it going once it's started. The green pedal makes it whistle and the red one works the brakes. Good luck with getting it to turn and all of that."

Thought: Are there any nearby railroads or anything for Victoria to follow?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 25, 2015, 08:33:31 am »

Thought: Are there any nearby railroads or anything for Victoria to follow?

Nothing obvious in sight but a dirt road leading to a burning bridge, but Victoria is sure the way across the canyon would have eventually led to a line of tracks. The problem is getting across...the canyon does not seem not very wide, though it extends for miles-she's sure there is water at the bottom, and it eventually merges into a stream and then river. It'd be possible to jump or traverse it at some point, most likely. Or she could run across the burning bridge...

"You may have the note," says the Jade, poking his proffered hand in the bounty hunter's direction. "This is why I offered it."

Action: pass note to Vic, listen to the sounds all around.

Dry desert wind, blowing through a small hole in the roof. The sleepy ticking of the steam engines as they cool down. Fragments of angry voices and shouted words, very far away. The delicate yet determined thump of a womans boots as Vic mounts the ladder once more. Harried hoofbeats to the North, rapidly hieing away. Distantly, rapidly burning dry wood and timbers creaking, rivets popping-slightly ominous, the herald of the end of all things.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2015, 09:29:41 am »

Vic takes a horse and starts heading north alongside the canyon. If she figured things out right there would be a railroad in that direction - eventually - for her to take into town. She allows Sal to ride behind her if he doesn't grab a horse of his own.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 12:29:07 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 25, 2015, 10:15:30 am »

Immanuel Jade starts to clamber out of the carriage with determined movements, pausing only at the very top as he considers something.

Action: since the bridge is out, Immanuel Jade might as well steal some crucial fury-powered components out of the carriage and also one of the horses powering it. After that he shall follow after Victoria, utilizing the tamed power of horse to carry him to his destination faster.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 10:26:39 am by Harry Baldman »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2015, 10:21:04 am »

Sal jumps off of the carriage, following the bounty hunter.

"You mind if I come with? Heading to Sevenforks, and I doubt we'll get across that bridge anytime soon."

Action: Follow Victoria.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 25, 2015, 10:45:49 am »

"Sure, might as well. I could use another gun if those bandits over there make up their mind to carry a grudge." Victoria could have started a fight. She probably ought to have. Right now, though, there were innocent people who could be caught in the crossfire, like that masked woman, and she figured she ought to get to Sevenforks while she could.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21